Windows 10: How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?

Discus and support How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a post (windows 8 forum -http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...8-taskbar.html ) to install the start menu on the task bar for Windows 8 but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eagle, Apr 16, 2015.

1. eagle Win User

How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview?

There is a post (windows 8 forum -http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...8-taskbar.html ) to install the start menu on the task bar for Windows 8 but it does not fully work on windows 10, does anyone know if there is a similar way to put a fully working start menu on windows 10 taskbar?

:)

eagle, Apr 16, 2015

2. Windows 10 Start Menu - How to make the links on the left side lead to Libraries?

Thank you for providing the information that we need. The icons or links in the Start Menu that leads to the local folders is by design. The feature to make them lead to their respective libraries is not yet available in Windows 10. Your feedback helps us
    shape Windows, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine
    what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our
    support article
    and
    YouTube video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press +
      Add new feedback
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring
      (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like
      URL Manager link>).

As always, your input will be highly appreciated.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu - How to make the links on the left side lead to Libraries?

Hello,

It is possible that this issue occurred due to some conflicts with the Windows updates. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Which version of Windows are you running before?
    • Which build and version of Windows is currently installed on your computer?

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 16, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Welcome to TenForums 'eagle'! *Smile
    Similar to the tutorial but instead of using the suggested folder:
    - In a 'Run' box type 'shell:appsfolder', (without the quotes), select all, right click on them, create shortcut, then cut and paste all the shortcuts that should go to your desk top and paste them in your new folder.
    - delete the ones you don't want to use then rename the ones you want to save.

How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 16, 2015
  5. eagle Win User
    I found a solution by creating a new folder where you want it saved then name it start menu. Then I followed the paths below and copied the program files from each location and then pasted them in the new folder called start menu. Then started a new toolbar on the task bar selecting the new folder. see picture:
    Show hidden folders to see the program data folder.
    C: program data, microsft, windows, start menu, programs
    C: users, default, app data, roaming, microsft, windows, start menu, programs

How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview? [​IMG]

eagle, Apr 16, 2015
  6. eagle Win User
    Thanks Edwin, I saved yours on the task bar as shortcuts

eagle, Apr 16, 2015
  7. eagle Win User
    If anyone has shortcuts or an easier or better way to do this please post , thanks

eagle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make a start menu on the taskbar on Windows 10 preview? - Similar Threads - start menu taskbar

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. How to make Windows 11 start menu as useful as Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 11 start menu as useful as Windows 10?: Sorry to say, but so far Windows 10 start menu is the best of every windows start menu I have ever use and I have been using the windows since windows 98. But now I can't make the Windows 11 help me with my very important shortcuts. I have a lot of grouping of applications...
  4. How to make Windows 11 start menu as useful as Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Windows 11 start menu as useful as Windows 10?: Sorry to say, but so far Windows 10 start menu is the best of every windows start menu I have ever use and I have been using the windows since windows 98. But now I can't make the Windows 11 help me with my very important shortcuts. I have a lot of grouping of applications...
  5. Taskbar and Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  6. How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10

How to reinstall Start Menu App on taskbar Windows 10: I accidentally uninstall the Start Menu app , how can I reinstall it? I tried to use PowerShell and use the command:Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode $_.installlocation +...
  7. How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?

How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu Background Color White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?: Is there a way to achieve this? I like the white color on the start menu, but the white taskbar is just not for me. And unfortunately, the start menu and the taskbar are like a "package", I can't change one's color without the other, because if I changed the "default Windows...
  8. How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Make Windows 10 Start Menu White While Keeping the Taskbar Black?: Is there a way to achieve this? I like the white color on the start menu, but the white taskbar is just not for me. And unfortunately, they're like a "package", I can't get one without the other. submitted by /u/luckman-23 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post for beginners, we will show you how to resize the Height or Width of the Taskbar and also how to resize or […] This article How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. How to make screenshot of the start menu?

How to make screenshot of the start menu?: I want to take a screenshot of the start menu. This is my procedure: Open "SnippingTool" Set a delay, say, 5 seconds Click "New" Click Windows key, so that the start menu pop up 5 seconds times out and (hopefully) I can start making the screenshot. However, after the...