Windows 10: How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu?

Discus and support How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to have the 'Length' column option appear, by default, with the rest of these options in this Explorer menu: [img] Currently when I right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cbiweb, Aug 11, 2018.

1. cbiweb Win User

How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu?

I want to have the 'Length' column option appear, by default, with the rest of these options in this Explorer menu:

How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu? [​IMG]

Currently when I right click a column header to make the options come up, I have to scroll down quite a ways to find the option, select it, and click OK.

How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu? [​IMG]

I tried using the 'Move Up' button to make the option come near the top where I want it, but that only works for the specific folder I'm in at the moment. I need it to change everywhere, as it gets tedious to scroll down the bazillion options every single time for every folder I need it for (there are many folders where this column is needed).

Is there a way to make it work everywhere instead just the specific folder I changed it in?

:)

cbiweb, Aug 11, 2018
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 11, 2018
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Aug 11, 2018
  4. WHRet Win User

Permanently Changing Column Headers for Music in File Explorer

I am trying to permanently change column headers in my music files while in File Explorer. I know how to go to "view" and change the options, but there is no way to make these changes permanent. How do I accomplish this? I am trying to delete " contributing
    artist" and replace it with "album artist".

WHRet, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make a Win Explorer column option permanently a top of menu? - Similar Threads - Explorer column option

2. File explorer - Set the top columns ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - Set the top columns ?: Please don't tell me to open folder properties and View tab / Apply to all folders, because this does "not" work. Ms default setting is to have the columns at the top Name Date Type Size, etc.Some of my files have long names, and I need to be able to see the full name, so I...
  3. File explorer - Set the top columns ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - Set the top columns ?: Please don't tell me to open folder properties and View tab / Apply to all folders, because this does "not" work. Ms default setting is to have the columns at the top Name Date Type Size, etc.Some of my files have long names, and I need to be able to see the full name, so I...
  4. How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?: I'm trying to change globally the sorting option in Windows Explorer. I can't even describe how much I detest the default view that shows the last time the category was active. I need it just to have no sort at all which means the folders in alpha order followed by any single...
  5. How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?

How do you make Explorer sort options permanent on all drives and download windows?: I'm trying to change globally the sorting option in Windows Explorer. I can't even describe how much I detest the default view that shows the last time the category was active. I need it just to have no sort at all which means the folders in alpha order followed by any single...
  6. How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...

How do we PERMANENTLY Get Rid of or REMOVE the "Type" column in Windows Explorer to...: How we can get rid of this "Type" column here? Right Click on the Column and un-select "Type", only a temporary fix. Next time you get into Windows Explorer, the column is back....
  7. Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Permanently Changing Column Width in Windows Explorer Search: Hello, I'm a long time dweller and first time poster. I've recently run into an issue where my windows 10 doesn't seem to remember my default column width after each search. In other words, each time I open This PC icon, and type in the upper right hand corner to do a search...
  8. how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!

in Windows 10 Support
    how do i remove the 'status' column in windows explorer - permanently!: Hi Guys, i know how to adjust columns and add/remove columns in File Explorer, but when i remove the Status column via the usual method, the change in settings only lasts for that moment, meaning, if i deselect the status column, the column will reappear next time i go to...
  9. How to maintain selected columns in Win Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to maintain selected columns in Win Explorer?: .For instance, I always want to have the Rating column for folders with images. However, even after applying in properties, the Rating column still goes away after that. Any workaround? [ATTACH] 155070
  10. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?: I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View ->...