Windows 10: How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt?

Discus and support How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey Guys Does anyone know how this software can be configured to boot from usb on uefi/gpt. I formatted usb using rufus on the relevant mode then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ancient, Aug 18, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt?

Hey Guys

Does anyone know how this software can be configured to boot from usb on uefi/gpt.

I formatted usb using rufus on the relevant mode then dragged over the contents of another usb where it does work on bios/mbr set up.
    But when booting from it on the uefi set up , I get the error " no operating system found"?

I have compiled the software into an iso then tried rufus , but rufus states the iso is not efi?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks.

:)

ancient, Aug 18, 2015

2. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Aug 18, 2015
  3. vabs95 Win User
    no bootable device insert boot disk windows 10

when I boot it shows "no bootable device insert boot disk"

details :

windows 10 uefi install

vabs95, Aug 18, 2015
  4. How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt?

How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt? [​IMG]

This is what i did to create a Bootable USB disk for Windows 10.
    I selected GPI partition scheme and formatted my USB with FAT32 filesystem using Windows 10 ISO image. All went smooth.

WindowsUser, Aug 18, 2015
  5. You said you dragged over the contents of Another USB which was bootable and working? I think that's not gonna work by just copying and pasting the content from Bootable USB to another USB.

Try formatting USB by using RUFUS tool and select ISO image then hit the Start button until green bar completes and it says "Ready".

WindowsUser, Aug 18, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you see a bootmgr.efi on the USB thumb drive? That has to be there to boot in UEFI mode.

NavyLCDR, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Bazz Win User
    This is the way I do it.

Extract the contents of the ISO to a folder, insert your usb drive.

Open a command prompt.

1. In the command prompt, you need to execute the following commands.
    Type DISKPART and hit enter.
    Now, type LIST DISK and press enter to see list of disks attached to your computer. In the next step, you need to select your USB flash drive that you are using to create system install drive (in this example, we are selecting Disk 1).
    From now on, type all the following commands one by one and then hit enter (again, please make sure that you are replacing the DISK 1 with your Disk number).
    SELECT DISK 1
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
    SELECT PARTITION 1
    ACTIVE
    FORMAT FS=NTFS
    (Format process may take few seconds)
    ASSIGN
    EXIT
    copy all the contents to your USB from the folder.

8. genet Win User

Active@ Boot Disk LSoft Technologies Inc. Data recovery software

How to create UEFI Boot Mode compatible USB flash drive, which is only bootable in UEFI Boot Mode.

Format your USB flash drive. Note: You need to choose the FAT32 file system.

When formatting is complete.
    - In Windows 8/10, mount the ISO image file by right-clicking the ISO image file and choosing Mount. If you don’t see Mount command from the context menu, go to Open with -> Windows Explorer instead.
    - Select everything in the mounted ISO image file, and copy them into the USB flash drive you prepared earlier.

Note: UEFI Boot Mode do not use boot sectors on the hard drive (and the USB flash drive) and do not require active partition to be set.

genet, Aug 18, 2015
  9. genet Win User
    You need to choose the FAT32 file system, if you want UEFI Boot Mode compatible USB flash drive.

Here is info about UEFI Boot Mode (installing using the GPT partition style) and Legacy BIOS Boot Mode (installing using the MBR partition style). -> link

genet, Aug 18, 2015
  10. Bazz Win User
    I am going to throw myself from a first floor window. Never have I seen such problems to install a operating system contact the manufacturer they will advise the correct operation.

11. Hydranix Win User
    The title of the thread, and in his post, he says he is trying to make an "active@boot" USB. He's not installing an operating system.

OP, the company that makes the active@boot disk clearly states in their FAQ that they do not support UEFI in any way. You must use legacy mode to boot their product.

I'm downloading a copy of their boot image to inspect it and determine whether or not it is possible to modify the image to UEFI boot. If this tool is DOS based though, as I suspect it is, then it's much more trouble than it's worth to attempt to boot it in non legacy mode.

Hydranix, Aug 18, 2015
  12. Bazz Win User
    I remember a similar situation many years ago and believe I fixed it by using a a program such as ultraISO or something similar.

13. Hydranix Win User

Ok I got my hands on a copy of their boot disk utility. After installing the demo, it comes with 2 bootable images.

One is WinPE based, the other is DOS.
    The DOS one it worthless for UEFI booting. The WinPE one is the one that should work.

It's located by default at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\LSoft Technologies\Active@ Boot Disk\BootDisk.ISO"

I looked at the images filesystem, and it should support UEFI booting.

Unfortunately by looking at the structure of their boot image, they clearly have no clue how a windows boot disk should be laid out.

Overall this boot disk is pretty shitty.
    But if you must..

To UEFI boot this thing:

Obtain your copy of the BootDisk.ISO file.
    Format a USB as FAT32, you can do this from "My PC" or "My Computer" depending on your Windows version.
    Once formatted, either mount the BootDisk.ISO file or open it win 7zip.
    Copy all files inside BootDisk.ISO onto the flash drive.

That's it. Now it can be used to UEFI boot.

Hydranix, Aug 18, 2015
  14. Bazz Win User
    Like I said in my earlier post this can be done with numerous programs, MS often used to release iso's that needed to be converted. Any mounting software will convert it for you, last time I needed to do this was about 5 years ago and I used daemon tools I believe.

15. genet Win User
    LSoft Technologies Inc. Data recovery software

This USB flash drive can be booted in both UEFI and Legacy BIOS boot mode. This USB flash drive is also compatible with Secure Boot.

If you are booting from a USB flash drive (FAT32 file system) in UEFI Boot Mode, then UEFI firmware run \efi\boot\bootx64.efi file.

genet, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. How to make active@boot disk bootable on uefi/gpt? - Similar Threads - active@boot disk bootable

2. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  3. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Win10 disk bootable.: Hello,I have a dual-boot desktop with a Win-7 disk bootable, and a Win-10 disk non-bootable. The Win-7 disk has the boot option code installed, to pick either win10 or win7 on power-up. The Win-10 disk has no boot record/code, and cannot boot by itself. Is there a way to add...
  4. Make Win10 disk bootable.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure Boot State Unsupported with UEFI Bios and GPT Disk Formation.: Hello everyone. I am currently running Windows 10 Insider Build and have gotten the option to update to Windows 11 Insider Build but my PC is coming up with the error "This PC Can't Run Windows 11. This PC Must support Secure Boot.". This is very confusing because my PC is...
  6. How to make a clone disk bootable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make a clone disk bootable?: My hard drive didn’t want to boot so I used Macrium Reflect 7 Free and made a clone of the hard drive to a USB external drive. Unfortunately I didn’t manage to boot my device from this cloned, external drive. I decided to install Macrium Reflect 7 Free on the SSD to use it as...
  7. Make clone disk bootable?

Make clone disk bootable?: My Dell laptop running Windows 10 on 1 TB hard drive wouldn't boot. Fortunately I was using Macrium Reflect 7 Free to make a clone of that hard drive to a USB external 1 TB drive. I wasn't able to get the laptop to boot from the cloned, external drive, so I installed a 500...
  8. How to make GPT volume bootable

How to make GPT volume bootable: I'm not sure the history is too helpful as the question says it all, but here it is. On an Acer predator G3-605 I had a mSATA 60GB SSD as system disk that was too small. I bought a larger replacement and used Acronis True Image 2019 to clone it. The clone was successful in...
  9. Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert MBR disk to GPT via uefi shell?: Hello! I did something terrible to my tablet, I converted the partition from GPT to MBR in a desperate try to install windows 7. Now tablet is not reading any usb I plug in, and of course I cannot format disk again because it doesn't recognize anything, always booting...
  10. Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI

Dual BOOT with Linux on ext3 and GPT + UEFI: Have two SSDs, one for W10 Insider and on other one I just reinstalled Linux Mint with UEFI and GPT partition(s). [img] [img] While both were in "normal legacy BIOS" way, non-UEFI I was able to make it dual BOOT but now my favorite, EasyBCD can't make working BOOT...