Windows 10: How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?

Discus and support How to make browsers work with AMD GPU? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I just noticed that I can't make my browsers: Internet Explorer / Chrome to work with AMD Switchable graphics. (And some others softwares such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mibaup, Oct 5, 2015.

1. mibaup Win User

How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?

Hello,
    I just noticed that I can't make my browsers: Internet Explorer / Chrome to work with AMD Switchable graphics.
    (And some others softwares such as WMP)
    I have a laptop with both AMD gpu and the on-board intel, but I can't make the browser work on the AMD one, which I need it because I want to play some game on the browser and it is more demanding.

On the AMD Catalyst Control Center, at the Switchable Graphics Application Settings there is a lock symbol near the programs I am talking about when trying to set them on "High performance" (meaning it should work on the AMD dedicated gpu)

Is there a way to remove that lock? Or make it work somehow?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Oct 5, 2015

2. HOW LONG TIME YOU NEED TO MAKE GPS TO WORK WITH OVI MAP 3.1 in N97?

Question to NOKIA:

HOW LONG TIME YOU NEED TO MAKE GPS TO WORK WITH OVI MAP 3.1 in N97?

On all N97 I know and as you can read here in forum the GPS doesn't work usable in N97 and with MAP 3.1.

I believe that this is a software problem because often I get a GPS signal inhouse and in the wood, but from one second to the other N97 lost the GPS signal. And this in the best weather condition under free sky. Sometimes gps signal works for 15 minutes,
    then the signal will drop every minute or so.

The current position on map is shift (past) abaout 40-50 meters from the real position, so its unable to use.

The calculated speed is always changing between 0 and the current speed.

I have updated phone to de newes software and firmware also to ne newest maps also has hard reseted and reformatet and the problem ist still the same. If I switch off the option "Maps improvment" (which SENDS DATA TO NOKIA!!!) the the drop outs are fewer.
    But evreytime the position on maps is shift about 40-50 Meters from right position. Is there a mistake in calculation the position? Also the speed is jumping sometimes from 0 to x and back.

CAN NOKIA TELL US WHEN THIS BUG WILL BE FIXED, AND CAN NOKIA OFFER US A REFUND.

I have payed a lot for N97 and alot for the navigation licence and a lot for accesoires and a lot for the traffic security assistance. So I want a working phone! I dint have payed money for e alpha-stadium phone.

If this is realy the quality of nokia phone, then It is the latest phone I have buyed from nokia.

By the way, the phone has many many many many other bugs as described in this forum.

Really bad work NOKIA! :-(

I was so excited with my N95 and now this mess...

NOKIA please answer us forum members, what you plan to do with the N97 bugs. When we can hope that the bugs are gone? Otherwise I will return my phone and want my money back and I sue for compensation.

n97frickler, Oct 5, 2015
  3. netoak Win User
    HOW LONG TIME YOU NEED TO MAKE GPS TO WORK WITH OVI MAP 3.1 in N97?

I have no word to disagree with you and hoping that Nokia soon will make some press statement or something else to tell us what they do with their flagship, sorry bugship Nokia N97.

Could be a shame recognize errors, but it's worst not to say nothing ant let the bad news of Nokia N97 spread for internet even if they want to sell a Nokia N97 Mini in the near future.

I understand and supose that we will no have no new version till september because we are in the last week and july and the activity in august decrease really high... but at least someone of Nokia could tell something about this problems and if it's possible
    all the other problems.

Why Nokia Beta Labs Forum there is a direct contact with Nokia workers, and in discussions is relly rare to find?

netoak, Oct 5, 2015
  4. How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?

It is best to use manufacturer's driver for this, even if it is outdated and not designed for Windows 10, especially with such an unfortunate combination Intel + AMD. Switchable Graphics just do not make it easy.

TairikuOkami, Oct 6, 2015
  5. mibaup Win User
    Thanks, but I already updated my drivers, but the problem did not go.

mibaup, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to make browsers work with AMD GPU?

1. How to make browsers work with AMD GPU? - Similar Threads - browsers AMD GPU

2. How do increase the VRAM for my AMD GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do increase the VRAM for my AMD GPU?: Is there a way to increase my VRAM for my AMD GPU? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-increase-the-vram-for-my-amd-gpu/7fcbc031-e57e-4001-9edc-0a10824f4e31
  3. How do increase the VRAM for my AMD GPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do increase the VRAM for my AMD GPU?: Is there a way to increase my VRAM for my AMD GPU? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-increase-the-vram-for-my-amd-gpu/7fcbc031-e57e-4001-9edc-0a10824f4e31
  4. How do increase the VRAM for my AMD GPU?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. AMD GPU Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD GPU Drivers: So I may be able to get a new GPU. Currently looking at a 3090,6900xt or a 3080Ti. I know they really are overkill for 1440p 165hz gaming but, as it's going to be a while before I could potentially upgrade my GPU again I want something that will last a few years...
  6. GPU driver crashes AMD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU driver crashes AMD.: Hello,I have a problem when I play League Of Legends, the game crashes and I have an error "windows has restarted your gpu driver due to a problem", when I check the events viewer there's an warning, event id 4101, source : display that says : "Le pilote d’affichage amdkmdag...
  7. AMD GPU Driver Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD GPU Driver Crashing: Quick disclaimer, I'm not that knowledgeable about computers so the easier the explanation the better. GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTMy original issue was that after 30 minutes or so of running a game or program I hadn't tested this out with just the PC running w/o any program my...
  8. AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Switchable Graphics: How to switch GPU?: Hi, I just upgraded my AMD Graphics driver on my notebook which has AMD Switchable (dual) Graphics. The new GUI application is completely different, I can't seem to find where can I assign which GPU is to run the given application? This is a notebook and I don't game a...
  9. AMD GPU

AMD GPU: So when I recently got a RX570, I couldn't set it as my default GPU. Instead, my Ryzen 3 3200g onboard graphics was my default GPU. Can anyone tell me how I can make my RX570 the default GPU? Thanks in advance Please reply ASAP...
  10. GPU 1: AMD RADEON 530 not working in win 10

GPU 1: AMD RADEON 530 not working in win 10: In win 10 AMD RADEON 530 is not working properly it only shows 512 MB of dedicated graphics card but I have 2GB of the dedicated graphics card. It works fine in win 7 and shows 2.5GB of dedicated graphics card is installed but in win 10 integrated is 512MB and GPU 1 is 512MB...