Windows 10: How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

Discus and support How to make Cortana open my Documents folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertoWsd, Jul 10, 2017.

1. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge.
    I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same: always opens the edge.
    Is there any way to get Cortana to open a folder by voice command?

Thank you.

:)

RobertoWsd, Jul 10, 2017
  2. Janet FD Win User

Cannot see all file folders in My Documents after updating to Windows ver 1703

As I mentioned in my original post, the folders are still there. If I use Cortana to search for a known file name and I select "open file location," I can see the file structure is still there.

It appears what has happened is that the folder ThisPC/Documents has somehow been mapped to the Onedrive/Documents folder--the contents of both folders in Explorer are identical. It appears this may happened with my Pictures folders also.

How do I remap This PC folders to the correct location?

Janet FD, Jul 10, 2017
  3. eapate Win User
    Bank Statements, etc copying to downloads folder

Prior to Windows 10, I used my downloads folder for downloading software updates, etc.

Now it is filled with copies of bank statements and other documents. Seems it is doing this automatically. I don't want to open download folder and find all these documents in there.

How do I make it stop?

eapate, Jul 10, 2017
  4. Sualdam Win User

How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

Sualdam, Jul 10, 2017
  5. Thank you Sualdam, but I tried this method and it does not work *Sad

RobertoWsd, Jul 10, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Assuming you're determined to try to use MS speech recognition, you might have more luck with:

Hey Cortana, start speech recognition
    (isn't that cruel? *chuckle )

Now use speech recognition (click to turn on)

Say
    open file explorer
    or
    launch file explorer

number items
    (You should see partly transparent numbers on items in the file explorer window fading in and out).

How to make Cortana open my Documents folder [​IMG]

say the number overlaid on Documents, then OK
    after that, you should see a prompt telling you to subsequently say 'Documents'

After that you can say any folder name in the navigation pane.

If you want better performance, ViaVoice used to be better. (Commercial product).

dalchina, Jul 11, 2017
  7. Thank you for the answer Dalchina, but the speech recognition feature does not support the Portuguese language of Brazil (believe me I've tried this ...).
    I do not see much sense on the part of Microsoft to create a virtual assistant that understands commands in Portuguese, but, it does not open a simple folder when I say in portuguese: "abrir meus documentos" (translate to English: open my documents) and the command makes the cortana open the Microsoft Edge. But when I say in portuguese: "abrir explorador de arquivos" (translate to English: open explorer files) opens windows explorer perfectly ...

RobertoWsd, Jul 11, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Shame you didn't mention you wanted Portuguese. No language speech pack?
    Download Microsoft Speech Platform - Runtime Languages (Version 11) from Official Microsoft Download Center
    - but listed as for Win 7 and earlier.

Cortana is very limited. Cortana search for files and folders is very limited and awkward. For example: it will only find indexed items. It will not find any executables (by design).

Try to find a list of suitable voice commands for Cortana- and you will be disappointed, I think.
    For example, if I say 'launch converter' I get a list that goes off the screen - too long. All items are read (1.... 2.... 3...). Finally I can choose one.
    Really impractical.

Last time I tried that, it didn't respond to '3' but it did to 'the third'. Odd.

Guess what- I don't use Cortana.

Try ViaVoice.

dalchina, Jul 11, 2017
  9. Unfortunately not.

On ViaVoice it does not have, support for any windows from 7.

Thanks for your help, the way is to wait to see if Microsoft launches a package for speech recognition to Brazilian Portuguese or improve the English in this aspect.

P.S.:

I saw this video and therefore my curiosity about how to make the cortana open folders like in the video.
    The video is in Brazilian Portuguese, however, you can see that the cortana executes the commands correctly.

WINDOWS 10:Cortana abrindo determinadas pastas,filmes,musicas e redes sociais - YouTube

RobertoWsd, Jul 11, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    I suspect you'll have to wait for the cortical implant- Wifi enabled insert into your skull- so you just think. Seems voice control has never become that popular.

This left Cortana in a spin:

How to make Cortana open my Documents folder [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder - Similar Threads - Cortana open Documents

2. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  3. how do I make a make a local documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I make a make a local documents folder?: All documents I save to my PC automatically gets added to an online documents folder that takes of space in my onedrive. I would rather like to save them locally on my pc and not to my onedrive. How do I set up a local documents folder?...
  4. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents: How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documentsi have uninstalled onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-onedrive-documents-and-make-my/a82a5ffd-4e47-4b0a-974f-330d7d8aa63d
  5. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents: How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documentsi have uninstalled onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-onedrive-documents-and-make-my/a82a5ffd-4e47-4b0a-974f-330d7d8aa63d
  6. How do i remove onedrive documents and make my quick access documents folder go to my documents

7. Making a New "My Documents" folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making a New "My Documents" folder: To make more room on C: drive, I used the move folder to "E" drive. I followed the guidance, Properties, location, move folder. However, it moved all the files and folders into the "E" drive main directory, and did not create a "My Documents" folder on "E". In effect, "E" is...
  8. OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS: EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND...
  9. How to get cortana to open folders

in Cortana
    How to get cortana to open folders: I have been trying to tell Cortona to open folder: University Stuff, Sales Force, Family Pictures and Movies & TV Series. But, unfortunately all she can able to do is open internet source, apps and settings. I would like to know is this feature exist in current updated...
  10. Opening folder in "Documents"

Opening folder in "Documents": I can't access a folder in "Documents" ever since I got a new computer with a Windows update. Can you help me access it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-folder-in-documents/06a648ff-341e-473d-b97e-64fc40102620