Windows 10: How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

Discus and support How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hey for any future searchers out there, also try a quick repair of Office. Control panel -> Programs and Features ->Select your Office version -> Go to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by socklosk, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Barla Von Win User

How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

Hey for any future searchers out there, also try a quick repair of Office. Control panel -> Programs and Features ->Select your Office version -> Go to Change -> Quick repair. This fixed the issue for me without having to set each file type individually.

Barla Von, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files

1. How to make Excel 2016 the default app to open xls and xlsx data files - Similar Threads - Excel 2016 default

2. The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.: *** Moved from Excel by Mod ***I recently upgraded to Win 11 and I don't recall this being an issue for me in windows 10. My office version is Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.When I launch an excel file with the extension .xlsx, it by default launches in notepad. When I...
  3. The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The .xlsx file extension is not letting me set a default app for opening.: *** Moved from Excel by Mod ***I recently upgraded to Win 11 and I don't recall this being an issue for me in windows 10. My office version is Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise.When I launch an excel file with the extension .xlsx, it by default launches in notepad. When I...
  4. Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing does not support XLS and XLSX files on Server 2019: I have a Server 2019 setup with about 1 TB in files and indexing is working, but it is missing the .xls and .xlsx file extensions in the indexing options, while it does included .doc and .docx. I have tried to add it manually, but that uses a plain text filter and that does...
  5. Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file: Hello, Due to some error in opening of excel file I had to change the default file type under .XLSX file, It was changed to XLSX file instead of Microsoft excel worksheet, now I want change it back to original but I am unable to do the same, kindly check highlighted image...
  6. Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file: Hello, Due to some error in opening of excel file I had to change the default file type under .XLSX file, It was changed to XLSX file instead of Microsoft excel worksheet, now I want change it back to original but I am unable to do the same, kindly check highlighted image...
  7. Default file type to Microsoft Excel worksheet instead of XLSX file

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Convert CSV to Excel (XLS or XLSX) using Command line in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Here is a tutorial to convert CSV to XLS or XLSX using the command-line interface in Windows 10. There are multiple ways to convert a CSV file to Excel formats (XLS, XLSX). You can use Microsoft Excel, a dedicated converter freeware, or an online tool to perform the...
  9. File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer difficulty with xls and xlsx files: Hi there,I've noticed that if I change the default program to open xls and xlsx files to an open source one, like libre office, the windows file explorer does some crazy things. First ctrl+c doesnt copy the files to clipboard anymore. Second I cant select multiple files with...
  10. how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 on offline computer: how to backup only .xls & xlsx files in Win10 Pro Insider on offline computer ( no internet connection but office pro 2016 installed , most times no login to MS account on my uncles PC ) so that I can backup only excel files with extension .xls & .xlsx over portable HDD...