Windows 10: How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in

Discus and support How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I upload photos on ebay, I plug my iphone in and upload them them directly from my iphone to ebay without actually importing the photos onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arb210, Jun 6, 2018.

1. arb210 Win User

How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in

When I upload photos on ebay, I plug my iphone in and upload them them directly from my iphone to ebay without actually importing the photos onto my laptop. Usually after I uploaded one photo from my iphone and I go to upload the second photo, it would take me directly to the iphone photo folder that I last used, allowing me to quickly upload the photos. Now recently, all it does it take me to the Quick Access folder which makes me have to click the iphone tab, then 2 more folders before I actually get to the photos I need...making it a timely and annoying process. I am not sure what happened and why it started doing this. Is there anyway to make it open up to the last iphone folder that I used?

:)

arb210, Jun 6, 2018
  2. ThofikhAhamad Win User

I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 7, 2018
  3. AleksandrH Win User
    How to make file explorer open to any folder I want

With the recent Anniversary Update, Microsoft somehow managed to screw up the File Explorer. Previously, you could use the trick in the following site to allow file explorer to open to any folder you want by replacing the taskbar shortcut:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-make-windows-10s-file-explorer-start-any-location-you-want

But this doesn't work anymore. I create the shortcut, delete the old one, and then the new shortcut does not appear on my taskbar. How can I make this work?

AleksandrH, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in

1. How to Make File Explorer Open Up iPhone folder when plugged in - Similar Threads - File Explorer Open

2. How to make Cortana open my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana open my Documents folder: Hi. I am trying by voice command to have Cortana open the folder my documents, however every time I try, it opens the edge. I have tried with .bat file, put a shortcut in my appdata / roaming / microsoft / start menu / programs folder but the result is always the same:...
  3. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Opening Folders: I have 2 Windows 10 pc's, Windows 1709 ( OS Build 16299.125,both up to date. One of them has just developed a problem with File Explorer being very slow opening folders after the first one has been opened. If I open Documents, on the first try, it opens immediately, but...
  4. File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts

File explorer slow in opening folder with shortcuts: Recently a change occured (after an update?). I have a folder containing only 6 shortcuts, linking to devices or to drives, connected to devices, in my home network. Opening this folder takes about 30 sec. It has to do with those shortcuts that link to drives, connected to...
  5. Startup opening infinite file explorer folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup opening infinite file explorer folders: If you can navigate the computer in Windows, Go to Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Advance Startup/Restart Now. Try to restart in Safe Mode. You can also try to do a System Restore to a time before this happened. If you can't navigate the computer in Windows, do you...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  7. File explorer will not open when set to This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer will not open when set to This PC: Either from a shortcut or a taskbar icon, File Explorer will not open to This PC. When I change to Quick access it opens. A shortcut to any folder will open to This PC. I suspect this has to do with a recent update (KB3140741). I can live with the situation as I normally use...
  8. how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    how can i stop file explorer refreshing when i make a new folder?: Hi i hope someone can help me, ive been trying different phrases for days tryin to find an answer,*Sad im running win 10 pro 32 and the way i have file explorer set up is in List view in name order, the problem i have is because there are soo many folders when i right...
  9. Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders: Since a couple of weeks when I open a file or folder in my Windows Explorer i see for maybe a couple of seconds a wristwatch pointer appearing and disappearing before opening that file or folder. Not a big deal but annoying. Can anyone help me please? 103092
  10. Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: not responding when opening folder with exe file: I have a folder full of *.exe files. When I navigate to the folder to read its content (files listed in "tile" mode), Explorer hangs for a minute or two displaying in the title bar "not responding". Eventually, the files are displayed but it is a bit of a pain. I modified...