Windows 10: How to make fonts larger on desktop?

Discus and support How to make fonts larger on desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello i would like to know how to make fonts larger on desktop icons?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jmacz1r, Jul 22, 2018.

1. jmacz1r Win User

How to make fonts larger on desktop?

Hello i would like to know how to make fonts larger on desktop icons?

:)

jmacz1r, Jul 22, 2018

2. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 22, 2018
  3. FONT MAGNIFIER NEEDED ON AN N9

Font size is certainly better, but still could be larger - hopefully someone is working on an app to do this? Otherwise please could someone give a step by step (for novices like me) list of instructions for how to edit the default settings to increase
    the font size? Thanks!

patrickcctx, Jul 22, 2018
  4. How to make fonts larger on desktop?

FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

How to make fonts larger on desktop?

1. How to make fonts larger on desktop? - Similar Threads - fonts larger desktop

2. How to make text larger ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make text larger ?: How to make text larger ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-text-larger/3df22293-3c0a-4f08-8450-e5be688d2e46
  3. How to make text larger ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make text larger ?: How to make text larger ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-text-larger/3df22293-3c0a-4f08-8450-e5be688d2e46
  4. How to make text larger ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to make the task bar larger?

How to make the task bar larger?: My vision is bad. Would like to make the task bar larger. TIA for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-task-bar-larger/5f901be8-6d71-4216-8884-fda55d71860c
  6. How to make Explorer Icons larger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Explorer Icons larger: In Windows 10, when I use Explorer and wanted to delete files I got to click on the red "X" Please refer screen shot sorry text is in Japanese. Top left the fourth delete key in RED, though other icons are also are of same size which is small. I wonder how could I enlarge...
  7. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  8. How to make windows larger in width?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make windows larger in width?: [IMG] This is really strange behaviour, but currently my taskbar looks like this: https://preview.redd.it/l4svegcxsvo51.png?width=1916&format=png&auto=webp&s=2527045a74ce30f9a98630b79b67dcd570b85a14 Normally, the 4 windows (teams, 2x IntelliJ and maconomy) are much...
  9. Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger

Make Desktop Icon Fonts Bold and Larger: Prior to the Creators edition I was able to make the fonts under each desktop icon larger and bold. When I installed the Creators update those fonts reverted to their defaults and I can find no way to change them back to the way I had them. I think I used Control...
  10. How to make system font larger

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make system font larger: I want to make the system font larger. I have searched everywhere but all the answers seem to be the same with no way to do it. All the old ways such as menu font size ETC which I can do! The font size in the address bar of any browser I would like to make larger, for...