Windows 10: How to make mouse a one click using windows 10

Discus and support How to make mouse a one click using windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I new to windows 10 & was a previous user of W-7 & before I was able to make my mouse only use 1 click instead of 2 clicks to open up files & etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john1069, Oct 21, 2016.

1. john1069 Win User

How to make mouse a one click using windows 10

Hi, I new to windows 10 & was a previous user of W-7 & before I was able to make my mouse only use 1 click instead of 2 clicks to open up files & etc. I've searched this forum & haven't found anything on this, so I hope someone will have the answer. I hate double clicking a file or program to open, much faster one clicking!

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

John Young

:)

john1069, Oct 21, 2016
  2. oreo383 Win User

mouse clicking....

is there a way to make your mouse a one click instead of double click on windows 10 ? I don't see it in settings for the mouse however, it used to be on former versions of windows and I really hate having to double click everything.

oreo383, Oct 21, 2016
  3. bjt-1000 Win User
    Mouse

windows 10 settings mouse. click on mouse and disable touch pad. when I turn my computer off and back on it turns the touch pad back on. how can I make it the mouse a default setting

bjt-1000, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 21, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Same as in W7 and Vista and XP.

CountMike, Oct 21, 2016
  6. john1069 Win User
    john1069, Oct 21, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome John. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Oct 21, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

No, it's same since XP, there is also same path to it. Control Panel > File explorer options (formerly File and folder options).

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make mouse a one click using windows 10 - Similar Threads - mouse click using

2. How to right-click using one-handed mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to right-click using one-handed mouse?: How can I right click on the screen when I'm using a mouse that can only left-click and a Windows virtual / accessibility keyboard? I'm unable to use the Windows-provided virtual keyboard to highlight an object I want to right-click and press shift-F10....
  3. How to right-click using one-handed mouse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to right-click using one-handed mouse?: How can I right click on the screen when I'm using a mouse that can only left-click and a Windows virtual / accessibility keyboard? I'm unable to use the Windows-provided virtual keyboard to highlight an object I want to right-click and press shift-F10....
  4. Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse needs to click 3,4,5 times just to get one click: In all instances, in any application, folder or process, my mouse needs to click 2,3,4 times to get one click in. Was fine before I got the most recent update, and it updated and now I'm having mouse problems. It's an HP mouse I got about 4 months ago so I know the mouse is...
  5. Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update: Hello, i encountered this issue ever since i updated my windows 10 Home to latest version 20H2 build 19042.906 which cause my mouse to double clicking even when i only clicked once like opening a new tab on browser but suddenly it double clicked and created 2 new tabs...
  6. How to make my mouse double click permanently on anything like games

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make my mouse double click permanently on anything like games: So i would like to ask that, is there way to make you're mouse double click, not on folders, like on everywhere so that if u click once then ur mouse does 2 clicks cuz that would help me in minecraft...
  7. Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything

Multiple mouse clicks necessary to make Windows do anything: How can I fix this problem? Up until yesterday my computer was working perfectly. Then all of a sudden, it stopped reacting to the mouse. I couldn't click on links, switch tabs in my browser, start programs from the task bar, close programs or open the Windows menu to shut...
  8. How do I change my mouse to one click in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my mouse to one click in Windows 10?: I had windows 10 setup to do one click but it quit working. Now, I can not find where to redo this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-mouse-to-one-click-in-windows/277a5354-12cf-489a-8d80-b8bcd82acb23
  9. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...
  10. One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?

One Click Open to Touch Screen and Double Click Open to Mouse ?: Hi , I am used to tablets style when it comes to touch screens where one click opens/runs apps yet however when I use the mouse its entirely different , i either want to drag , fast rename as a priority , i get to see the option is linked in folder properties , choose one...