Windows 10: How to make Store tile live again in Start menu

Discus and support How to make Store tile live again in Start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a problem with Store app, fix it with changing languages and now, it works well. The only thing I can not figure out is how to make Store tile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017.

1. dzigibau Win User

How to make Store tile live again in Start menu

I had a problem with Store app, fix it with changing languages and now, it works well.
    The only thing I can not figure out is how to make Store tile to be live again in Start menu. All other tiles work, changes frequently, the only one which is not changing is Store tile.

Could you help me to make it work in Start menu. I tried Wsreset.exe and Powershell commands, nothing works. Is there some option in registry or somewhere to make it work again without reinstalling Windows. I also tried to make another account, it did not help.

:)

dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017

2. Weather live tile does not update

I reply to the question of FaithMincer, trying to help, noting that I am not a computer expert.

If the weather tile, the photo tile, and the store tile are all on one common box, the first thing I would try is to get separate tiles in the start
    menu.

It should be possible to drag each tile out of that common box and to restore separate tiles on the start menu. It should also be possible to detach
    all these tiles from the start menu and then to restore again separately each of the tiles on the start menu.

Then each separate tile could be set to live or not. the Weather App and the Photo App can also be easily uninstalled and reinstalled, then the
    live tile of each of them should work.

In one case I had on a brand new PC the Weather Tile not working together with some slow behavior of EDGE - This was a problem from day one on that PC, immediately after having completed the Windows 10
    installation and activation (Home edition, 64 Bit) on that PC. Because it was just the starting point, I reset Windows 10 and everything became very normal on that PC, which is currently working very nicely.

(To be noted however that the live tile of the Microsoft Store seems to be randomly working on wireless connected PCs. I say so simply
    based on the experience of the three PCs which I have at home, with the Store live tile on each of them working on some wireless connection and not on others, although these connections are all set as private networks. I personally do not care the Store Live
    Tile, I disabled it, I keep the Store in the taskbar.)

Monferrato, Oct 21, 2017
  3. DonTolson Win User
    i deleted my facebookin my menuhow cn i download this,,,? pls help me plssss

Is it in the full apps menu list (swipe right from the live tiles start screen). If so, press and hold the Facebook icon until the menu appears and tap 'pin to start'.

If it's not in the list, you'll need to download it again from the Store.

DonTolson, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Check Store Settings/Live Tile/'Show products on tile'/On/Off

Edwin, Oct 21, 2017
  5. dzigibau Win User
    Normally, I check it fist. It has been set ON, I tried to play with it, but nothing make Store tile to be Live again. Any further suggestions.

dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Mine happened to be dong the same.. and a couple of apps which had been worked just closed a few seconds after opening as a frame and solid colour- not launching properly. Re-registering single apps didn't work- but re-registering all did.

*Arrow Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

And like you? one thing I had done was change the display language (reset to US after upgrading to the CU - note not the FCU- not ready to do that for a while!)

dalchina, Oct 21, 2017
  8. dzigibau Win User

Thank you guys, but none of proposed things worked. I can open Store, it was language problem, there updates as it should be.

Tried to re-register all apps, powershell command went smoothly but Store tile is still not alive. It stayed dead.
    Tried to clear cache for Store (the example showed Feedback hub), but Store tile is still without any change.

All other tiles, I have 5 of them, Weather, News, Mail, Calendar, Finance, they all do changes of Start menu tiles. Only Store tile is dead.

What else I can do.

dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  10. dzigibau Win User
    Yes, I did. The example from the link shows Feedback Hub, but I searched and found Store (I recognized it by the small suitcase thumbnail, it did its job, thumbnail disappeared from the task bar, How to make Store tile live again in Start menu :) but I still cannot make it be alive in Start menu.

The Store tile stays on one color all the time. I have same Windows 10, with all updates on my laptop, with same software, nothing too much and on laptop Store tile is changing as it should be. I can not figure out how to make Store tile work on my PC. Is there some registry fix or to edit some settings file.

dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Check in your Store app settings to see if having "Show products on tile" turned on under "Live Tile" may help.

How to make Store tile live again in Start menu [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 21, 2017
  12. dzigibau Win User
    I did that, too. Nothing.
    I tried this on laptop, when I set Show products on tile to OFF, it is silent, dead, when I set it back to ON, it starts working.
    On PC, whatever I choose, it is not working, just stayed dead.
    Any new suggestion.

dzigibau, Oct 21, 2017
  13. How to make Store tile live again in Start menu

It’s dead on all our machines too despite that setting being on

Scottyboy99, Nov 28, 2017
  14. MrHudson Win User
    Mine was dead for a while, when I reinstalled several APP's I had before, it went live.

MrHudson, Nov 29, 2017
  15. dzigibau Win User
    What apps did you reinstall?

Did you anything more to make Store app changing its tiles in Start menu.

dzigibau, Dec 11, 2017
Thema:

1. How to make Store tile live again in Start menu - Similar Threads - Store tile live

2. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Customization
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  3. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  4. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  6. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  7. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  8. Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles in Start Menu are ON, but they are not doing anything.

Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles in Start Menu are ON, but they are not doing anything.: Brand new laptop. New Win10 install. All the latest updates. Microsoft Store and Maps live tiles set to ON, but they sit there doing nothing. How do I fix this?...
  9. How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?

How to edit url of live tile on start menu ?: I pinned tiles to the start menu from Edge, but they don't always work; when I click on them sometimes the url for some inexplicable reason becomes truncated so I get Edge's version of a 404 and I have to type the correct url into the address bar, then pin it again, which...
  10. How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Restore Photos Live Tile In Start Menu?: Hello All, I have a simple little problem that I need help fixing. In my start menu in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 14393.82, my live tile for my photos is completely missing. I know it use to be there but I may have done something to delete it or maybe Microsoft has...