Windows 10: How to make super hidden folder?

Discus and support How to make super hidden folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to make super hidden folder?(and super hidden contents,too) I hope its unsearchable. 37162 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yujinloh, Jan 11, 2016.

1. yujinloh Win User

How to make super hidden folder?

How to make super hidden folder?(and super hidden contents,too)
    I hope its unsearchable.

:)

yujinloh, Jan 11, 2016

2. Nokia X6 - How to make it super responsive ... ideas ?

Hi all X6 users,

I found this link

How to speed up your S60 device

and tried it ... not sure if there is a speed up though ... can someone who is experiencing a slow phone try this out ?

I seem to be hearing some low volume "beeps" every now and then after doing this ... maybe I am paranoid.

fact or fiction ?

tuckster---01, Jan 11, 2016
  3. Nokia X6 - How to make it super responsive ... ideas ?

Beta Labs is great but so much of it doesn't work on an X6. It's fantastic if you have an N97 though!

marksk---01, Jan 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 11, 2016
  5. RolandJS Win User
    ...which can be defeated by a USB or DVD boot?

RolandJS, Jan 11, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    The so called super hidden folders aren't very secure. They were never meant to be.To see the contents all you need to do is make a simple change in Windows Explorer folder settings, explained in the link provided by Brink.

To achieve any kind of real security you need to use NTFS encryption, if supported by your edition of Windows 10, This will prevent access to the files by any but your account but the files will still be visible. To actually hide the files you need third party utilities which I have never used.

LMiller7, Jan 11, 2016
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    That's not enough?

Why not create a folder without a name or icon too!

How to create a folder without any icon or name in Windows 10

Basically, use a transparent icon from one of the shell icon .dll resources in Windows\system32 as the folder custom icon, and rename the folder with a non-printing character. You can even nest such invisible folders to form an invisible path. They may be found by highlighting the list and then selecting the required entry.

Of course you can have invisible files within these, but to use these files, you may need to rename them in many cases to use them.

Fafhrd, Jan 11, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

I've been watching M. @LMiller7 for years and this is the first time I have to disagree with him or her.

There are just too many ways to encrypt things.

For example my bank account number is CHAS US 33 xxx xxxxxxxx xxxx

So it is Chase Manhatten Bank, in the US, 33 for New York, (that will do).

So what? Even if you know that it would not help (unless you wanted to send me money)

So encrypt your drive with bitlocker (surely), make a decent password to unlock it, don't write down your password on the back of your keyboard, and if you want to discuss recipes from the anarchists cookbook use tails and rather than just post "any ideas where to bomb on Thursday" on twitter decide before hand.

It isn't terribly complicated is it?

And anyway, best way to encrypt some local folder (or vhdx) is to use 7-Zip (as it is open source).

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to make super hidden folder? - Similar Threads - super hidden folder

2. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden folders: Here are two folder that you cannot view in File Explorer unless you know the path to them and even if you do, the folder name does not show: C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations...
  3. hidden folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hidden folders: Hello I was trying to find out if there was anything hidden in my laptop. when I put folders in taskbar and clicked on protected folders Windows Security Came Up Then a message popped up saying: Page Not Available... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of...
  4. How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make a non-hidden task bar icon hidden in the task bar: I always open a lot of apps and the taskbar is always full. I don't need to use some apps but I need to keep them open. I want to make them organized by putting them in the hidden tray in the taskbar. How do I do it? Or it's straightforward, not possible?...
  5. A question that is making me super anxious.

A question that is making me super anxious.: So I took my laptop to a shop to get some stuff fixed, I had a problem with my screen, it would go black sometimes when I change the angle of the screen, and wanted the laptop cleaned out of dust, and get the fans checked cause I speculated they may have a problem. In the...
  6. Hidden folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders: I would appreciate assistance. I have shared privileges with my Manager. I have access to her Mailbox and have full permissions. I experience the following problem. Recently, when I create a New Folder in Manager's Inbox, the folder in question is not visible on my side....
  7. How to make a File or Folder Hidden or Read Only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to make a File or Folder Hidden or Read Only in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how you can make your files or folders Hidden or Read only on Windows 10 PC. When you set a file as Hidden, folks will not be able to see the file or [...] This post How to make a File or Folder Hidden or Read Only in Windows...
  8. How to reveal hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reveal hidden folders: Hi. I have partitioned my HD, and G: is Music & misc. I had many folders for all of my CD's and converted Vinyl and backed them up using GRBakpro to a 32G flash drive. I have had issues with G, so I did a full format and then restored my music folders using GRBakPro. Not all...
  9. HIDDEN hidden folders

in Windows 10 Support
    HIDDEN hidden folders: I was doing backing up of certain files, reg files in particular (take ownership, add copyto, etc) I was using "everything" programs which lists files on all drives. I came across one reg disableanti.reg in a very odd place.I viewed the file in note pad and it said it...
  10. Hidden folder

Hidden folder: How can I access a file in a hidden folder on my Desktop WITHOUT unhiding the folder? Onlookers need not be aware of the folder's existence, let alone its location . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folder/3bf8a7d1-28c2-485a-9cb6-b802d05e429e"