Windows 10: How To Make Sure All Device Drivers Are 64 bit Compatible?

Discus and support How To Make Sure All Device Drivers Are 64 bit Compatible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my Windows 10 to 64 bit. But before upgrading how can I make sure that all device drivers are 64 bit compatible so that the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nik Hill, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Nik Hill Win User

How To Make Sure All Device Drivers Are 64 bit Compatible?

I want to upgrade my Windows 10 to 64 bit. But before upgrading how can I make sure that all device drivers are 64 bit compatible so that the computer may work properly after the upgrade?

:)

Nik Hill, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Nik Hill Win User

I want to upgrade my Windows 10 to 64 bit. But before upgrading how can I make sure that all device drivers are 64 bit compatible so that the computer may work properly after the upgrade?

Nik Hill, Sep 7, 2018
  3. BulldogXX Win User

So simple - ask the device manufacturer! Couldn't be easier.

If you prefer, you can check on your own: Simply go to the device manufacturer's website and see if they offer a 64-bit driver for Windows 10 for your device. Just be sure that the driver is for your particular model.

Otherwise, simply contact the device manufacturer's technical support or post a question in the manufacturer's own community forum.

I did this before my clean install of Windows 10. It took a couple of hours of work, but after it was done I knew for sure that my devices had 64-bit drivers.

BulldogXX, Sep 7, 2018
  4. How To Make Sure All Device Drivers Are 64 bit Compatible?

Preventing device drivers from updating on Windows 10 64 bit

Hi,

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help resolve the issue.

We also appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suggest that you uninstall the current driver for your mouse and install the latest available driver in Compatibility mode with 7. To do so follow the steps below

Step 1: Uninstall Driver

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.

• Open Device Manager, expand Mice and other Pointing Device

• Find and double-click driver from the left panel to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.

Step 2: Install Driver

• After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 driver for your computer.

• Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 7 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How To Make Sure All Device Drivers Are 64 bit Compatible? - Similar Threads - Sure Device Drivers

2. Motherboard, Processor And Driver Compatibility with Windows 10 64 Bit Pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Motherboard, Processor And Driver Compatibility with Windows 10 64 Bit Pc.: Hello everyone I am buying a i5 2nd gen processor 1155 acer/lenovo motherboard with 4gb ddr3 ram. My question is will it run smoothly on my Nvidia GTS 450 with the 391.24 driver on a windows 10 64 bit proffessional computer?...
  3. Motherboard, Processor And Driver Compatibility with Windows 10 64 Bit Pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Motherboard, Processor And Driver Compatibility with Windows 10 64 Bit Pc.: Hello everyone I am buying a i5 2nd gen processor 1155 acer/lenovo motherboard with 4gb ddr3 ram. My question is will it run smoothly on my Nvidia GTS 450 with the 391.24 driver on a windows 10 64 bit proffessional computer?...
  4. Motherboard, Processor And Driver Compatibility with Windows 10 64 Bit Pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to make sure that the PC you are buying is Windows 11 compatible

in Windows 10 News
    How to make sure that the PC you are buying is Windows 11 compatible: Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system will be released in October 2021 with updated system requirements that make the majority of old and many not-so-old PCs incompatible with the new operating system. Manufacturers such as HP, Dell or Asus will release devices that are...
  6. 64 bit compatibility

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit compatibility: Currently I am using Windows 10 pro 32 bit but I want to know whether I can upgrade my pc to 64 bit or not?This is my Settings ScreenshotThis is my system information screenshotPlease Answer my question that whether i can upgrade my windows or not?...
  7. 64 bit compatibility

64 bit compatibility: I want to know whether my pc will support 64 bit windows 10 pro or not? Currently I'm using 32 bit widows 10 pro activated with digital license. This is the screenshot of my settings about page. [ATTACH] This is the screenshot of my "system information". [ATTACH] Here...
  8. Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility

Windows 10 64 bit versions/NLE compatibility: to be able to use Avid Media Composer/First,it says I have to have Enterprise or Pro.Any of these free upgrades? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-64-bit-versionsnle-compatibility/df98b08c-18bb-4515-a982-62064ee3fc6a
  9. How to make Windows 7 64-bit Laptop into firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to make Windows 7 64-bit Laptop into firewall: Hey guys, I have Windows 7 64-bit installed on Lenovo Laptop and I want to use it for powerfull firewall. Specs are under below. Processor: 2.80 GHz Core2Duo RAM: 4 GB ROM: 80 GB OS Installed: Windows 7 64-bit Can anyone tell me how to make into firewall....
  10. Make 32-bit DVD of 32/64 bit ISO?

Make 32-bit DVD of 32/64 bit ISO?: I just downloaded the 32/64 bit ISO using the "Both" option of MCT; now I discover that it won't fit on a DVD (ISO file is 5.47GB). One of my older PCs won't boot from the USB drive, so I need a DVD. Do I have to download the 32-bit version? I've started just in case, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make sure drivers compatible