Windows 10: How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?

Discus and support How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My father finds it hard to see the window minimise /resize / close icons as shown below. [img] I've tried increasing the title bar size but this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible?

My father finds it hard to see the window minimise /resize / close icons as shown below.

How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible? [​IMG]

I've tried increasing the title bar size but this doesn't make much difference. The high contrast theme does provide more contrast for these icons but the rest of the display is too weird.

How can I can configure these icons to display with more contrast? There must be registry tweak since they can be displayed in high contrast using the high contrast theme.

:)

Steve C, Jul 17, 2016

2. windows 10 New Dell Inspiron i5 soft ware

Cannot size or resize windows - only maximise or minimise or close. Solution???

harry becker, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Restore down reduces the file explorer window to a tiny size and won't let me re-size

This has just happened after having this computer for more than a year: I opened file explorer and clicked restore down; the window resized to a very small size and is now stuck. The only operation it will allow me to do are minimise or close. The arrows
    for re-sizing appear but don't work.

The other thing is, nearly all of the icons in the ribbon are grey and don't function.

JAMESMACLEAN1, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Stephanie Win User

Hi Steve C

You could use the Keyboard, Windows Key + Down

Hold the Windows Key down and tap Down on your Keyboard 1 time to reduce the window then tap Down again to minimise.

Stephanie, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Thanks for the keyboard shortcut but I would like to display the icons in high contrast. I hope someone on the forum rises to the challenge of solving this issue!

Steve C, Jul 18, 2016
  6. Stephanie Win User
    This may or may not help as I have not tried it yet - go / Control Panel / Personlization / Display / Advanced display settings / Advanced sizing of text and other items / you can now change size of items (scaling level) ... note it says (not recommended)

How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible? [​IMG]

Stephanie, Jul 20, 2016
  7. Stephanie Win User
    Stephanie, Jul 21, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jul 21, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Jul 22, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    How do you set a white title bar when using the Aerolite Theme? I always seem to have a coloured title bar whatever "Choose a colour" settings I have under Personalisation.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    The Aerolite Theme does most of what I need but the text on the Taskbar is black rather than white. How do I get white Taskbar text using the Aerolite Theme?

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Make Window Minimise / Close / Resize Icons More Visible? - Similar Threads - Window Minimise Close

2. minimise/maximise and close buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  3. minimise/maximise and close buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    minimise/maximise and close buttons: The minimise/maximise and close buttons are showing as circles on my husbands computer. Has anyone had this problem and how can he change them back again?...
  4. Text and Icons minimised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Text and Icons minimised: After installing the latest update to 21H1 I find my text and Icons are minimised to be nearly unreadable.Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-and-icons-minimised/22168f14-0bcd-4b26-87f6-4b0a785d71f8
  5. How can I make the cursor appear more visible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I make the cursor appear more visible?: When on night-time mode, the cursor is hard to see. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-the-cursor-appear-more-visible/b9834c44-135c-4097-9074-9be043ee61b1
  6. How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make the crosshair in Snip & Sketch more visible?: When activating Snip & Sketch the grey coloured crosshair for selecting square areas to be snipped is barely visible against the darkened background. This makes is difficult to quickly locate the crosshair and draw the selection. Is there any setting for the app that could...
  7. How to make active taskbar window more visible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make active taskbar window more visible: I have about 10 windows open on the taskbar and the active one is a very minimally different shade making it hard to quickly find the correct window. Is there a way to change this? I tried high contrast theme and thought it was perfect at first because it let me pick the...
  8. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10: Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated...
  9. Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons

Size of close, Minimise and Maximise buttons: Hi all, I have recently downloaded Windows 10 and was wondering if there was a way to reduce the size of the Close, Minimise and restore buttons at the top of each of my windows? Thanks...
  10. Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?: This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there, just by checking the desktop folder in Explorer. Also, if I drag across the desktop and accidentally grab an icon, it shows as a...