Windows 10: How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

Discus and support How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The previous question was never sufficiently answered. I spent all morning with Micosoft tech support trying to fix one of my afflicted laptops. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlenGardner1, Jul 17, 2018.

1. How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

The previous question was never sufficiently answered. I spent all morning with Micosoft tech support trying to fix one of my afflicted laptops. I wonder if anyone else out there has a solution to this issue. My local user account is not accessible at login. The profile is there, it exists, is not locked or disabled, it is the primary user profile, but as soon as someone else logs in the local user disappears. The dude that was helping me said Microsoft is not aware of this issue, however it has been a problem for years. Another post I just seen on this that was closed was written 2 years ago with almost 70 other people checking that they have the same issue. So why is it so hush-hush? Is this a problem Microsoft can't fix? or won't fix, like letting us dump that worthless Edge browser they keep shoving down our throats? This is frustrating, as my desktop here at work with Windows 10 Pro does show all the users local and email based at log in. So what is the fix then? Other than installing Ubuntu Linux?

:)

GlenGardner1, Jul 17, 2018

2. Use a Local user Account to login to Windows 10 PC

Hello Vojta,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you want a Local user account to login to your computer.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to convert the Microsoft Account you are using to a Local Account.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Jul 17, 2018
  4. RB22531 Win User

How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

Local User Acct Not showing on Login

Bought my wife a new Laptop, came with Win10 Home. So I setup the 1st OOBE acct which was admin privileged. Got it signed into my routers secured SSID. Then got security software installed and configured. Did all the long time updates suffering my ISP
    (or it's leased modem) bumping me off several times. Finally got the machine all ready to go.

So today I went to setup a local limited user acct so my wife won't have to surf the web in an admin acct. After all this is Windows 10 a modern OS surely creating a 2nd Non Admin User acct can't be such an exercise to complete, right ?

Ok the actual creation goes ok in the Control Panel->Users. I sign out of my admin acct expecting to see the new non admin user login option come up on the login screen. Nope, just the Admin acct showing (the one I just signed out of).

So I do a total restart, same thing, no sign of new user acct on login at all. Only the OOBE acct shows.

So I login to the admin acct. I look and no files have been created for the new user, but I think that usually happens the first time the user logs in (?) so that's not a biggy yet.

I open an admin cmd console and run Net User and the new user is showing up in the net user display and it's active and it's local group membership is "users".

So I'm at a loss. Did I get a windows 10 that refuses to let me have a functional 2nd user acct ? Just can't imagine such being this difficult right out of the box.

Appreciate any info as I've searched several places and found nothing to help me

RB22531, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login?

1. How to make Windows 10 show all local users at the login? - Similar Threads - show local users

2. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    show all users windows 10 HOME login screen: I have Windows 10 HOME edition. I want to show all users at logon. Please assist Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-all-users-windows-10-home-login-screen/966a4e5d-d930-4e9c-a884-d20bdf4d38a8
  3. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    show all users windows 10 HOME login screen: I have Windows 10 HOME edition. I want to show all users at logon. Please assist Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-all-users-windows-10-home-login-screen/966a4e5d-d930-4e9c-a884-d20bdf4d38a8
  4. show all users windows 10 HOME login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an Azure Login on Windows and replace with Local User Login?: I setup a new computer.I was forced to use a Windows ID to setup the computer so I used my work Exchange email.Now the computer is setup, but for some reason the computer is linked to some Azure ID which I have no idea what that is.I do not want my computer to be locked via...
  6. Local User login on Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  7. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT: tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin. btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show...
  8. How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?: We have two accounts on our Windows 10 pro. Admin and Standard user. Both have different passwords. Issue: If I log in under Admin, say to install updates, and then reboot computer. Upon later boot the login screen will show Admin for the login. This is confusing for the...
  9. How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make Windows always show login for a specific user account?: We have two accounts on our Windows 10 pro. Admin and Standard user. Both have different passwords. Issue: If I log in under Admin, say to install updates, and then reboot computer. Upon later boot the login screen will show Admin for the login. This is confusing for the...
  10. How Do I Make Windows 10 (Home) Show All User Accounts at Login Screen???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Make Windows 10 (Home) Show All User Accounts at Login Screen???: Hey, Why does Microsoft make stuff like this so hard??? Anyhow, I am servicing someones PC that forgot their password and they cannot access their computer. I've made a second oulook.com account for them and have put it on their computer, only it will not appear at...