Windows 10: How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures

Discus and support How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to make it so that my desktop background changes everyday on Windows 10 but for some reason, after changing the settings by right clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, May 19, 2018.

1. How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures

I'm trying to make it so that my desktop background changes everyday on Windows 10 but for some reason, after changing the settings by right clicking the desktop, then clicking Personalize, setting the background to slideshow, and setting the option that says "Change picture every", to 1 day it doesn't change at all and instead goes on for days with the same background, and whenever I go back right click on the desktop and then click on Personalize again, the desktop background seems to change immediately as if the computer "forgot" to change it automatically. If someone could please teach me how to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds automatically through a directory of pictures I have I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure why they decided setting a slideshow background should be so complicated that I have to ask a forum to find out how, but it's a little embarrassing on their part. Then again it's Microsoft, it's not like they've had any ideas that have worked out well for them.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, May 19, 2018

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, May 20, 2018
  3. change desktop background color

Hi,

To change the desktop background into a solid color, see the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and select Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, select Background.
    • On the right pane, click on the drop-down menu for Background, and then select
      Solid color.
    • Choose your preferred color and it should immediately make changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, May 20, 2018
  4. How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures

I'm trying to make it so that my desktop background changes everyday on Windows 10 but for some reason, after changing the settings by right clicking the desktop, then clicking Personalize, setting the background to slideshow, and setting the option that says "Change picture every", to 1 day it doesn't change at all and instead goes on for days with the same background, and whenever I go back right click on the desktop and then click on Personalize again, the desktop background seems to change immediately as if the computer "forgot" to change it automatically. If someone could please teach me how to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds automatically through a directory of pictures I have I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not sure why they decided setting a slideshow background should be so complicated that I have to ask a forum to find out how, but it's a little embarrassing on their part. Then again it's Microsoft, it's not like they've had any ideas that have worked out well for them.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, May 24, 2018
Thema:

How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures

1. How to make Windows change my desktop backgrounds through Pictures - Similar Threads - change desktop backgrounds

2. How do I make my desktop background pictures look better?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my desktop background pictures look better?: I have some pictures I want to use as my background pics but the quality is terrible on them in my background. They are all pixelated and not very good looking at all. Is there anything I can do? submitted by /u/BRG_133 [link] [comments]...
  3. How to change the desktop background.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the desktop background.: I have Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. When I turn on my laptop my screen is a full scenic photo that asks if I like it or not. Then I sign in and my regular screen comes up with my chosen photo for that. How do I get a permanent scene on the screen upon opening and turning...
  4. Changing pictures background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing pictures background: Hello guys, I‘ve recently changed my background picture on Windows (the one that shows up when logging in) and I regret it because I loved the nice, scenic pictures that changed every now and then. How can I get it back to that diashow of pictures that windows selects? Thx in...
  5. Desktop background picture.

Desktop background picture.: I clicked on a picture to make it the desktop background… which it did, but there is a large "over-scan", so the edges of the pic are missing. How do I shrink the displayed background to show the whole picture? Thanks for all replies....
  6. Desktop background Picture

Desktop background Picture: I use Windows 10 I would like to cancel/delete the background picture which I can see on my PC desktop. This picture added by mistake. Please comment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/68307af9-f96d-4cc4-8c2d-2f799e00e6f6
  7. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....
  8. making saved picture from online clear as my desktop background

making saved picture from online clear as my desktop background: images I save from search are clear until I set hem as my desktop background, all settings seem good picture still is out of focus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-saved-picture-from-online-clear-as-my/245bf103-7f59-4dff-ac34-43723810e38a
  9. Desktop Background Picture

Desktop Background Picture: Can anyone tell me why my Desktop Background Picture keeps reverting to the previously selected one every 2-3 days and how to cure it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-picture/a606adc4-b343-4184-9dcc-ffe3d1ecb682
  10. Desktop background changes randomly to pictures that aren't on my pc

Desktop background changes randomly to pictures that aren't on my pc: This problem started happening recently, my desktop background changes itself randomly and I'm not sure why. It's changing the background to images that aren't on my pc and sometimes creepy ones. This is no means a joke and I need help, I don't think it is the computer...