Windows 10: How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt...

Discus and support How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm getting this errors on the admin event viewer. The all seem to be from left over junk from a VMWare virtual machine I uninstalled. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Raner, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Raner Win User

How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt...

I'm getting this errors on the admin event viewer.
    The all seem to be from left over junk from a VMWare virtual machine I uninstalled.
    Is there a way to remove them using admin command prompt
    ...Thanks...
    How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt... [​IMG]

:)

Raner, Jun 22, 2017

2. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

PowerShell can do everything the command prompt can plus more. Microsoft is moving towards using PowerShell more than command prompt. To find out more information about PowerShell click here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/#pi...

MikeSnyder61704, Jun 22, 2017
  3. Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin

When I open the Task Bar on my computer instead of seeing Command Prompt & Command Prompt Admin I have Powershell & Powershell Admin in place of

[Moved from:
    Windows
    /Windows 10/Ease of access]

davidwright262, Jun 22, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Clear an Event Log

Tony K, Jun 22, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
  6. Raner Win User
    HI...HippsieGypsie, Brink... I cleared the event viewer this morning...

Using the command you all mentioned... It cleared all the event viewer logs. But on reboot, the errors I attached keep recurring...
    So there has to be junk in the registry causing the errors...Thanks Guys...

Raner, Jun 22, 2017
  7. Raner Win User
    I found this a minute ago...
    http://www.desnatec.net/manually-uni...e-workstation/
    Do you all think this should do the trick...
    The workstation I uninstalled was 12.0

Workstation 8.x/9.x/10.x/11.x/12.x
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Features\A57F49D06AE015943BFA1B54AFE9506C
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\A57F49D06AE015943BFA1B54AFE9506C
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes\3F935F414A4C79542AD9C8D157A3CC39
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{0D94F75A-0EA6-4951-B3AF-B145FA9E05C6}
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc.\VMware Workstation
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\VMware, Inc.\Installer\VMware Workstation
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\vmware.exe
    I checked the register and most of this is in it...
    And there are some other files I saw that refer to Vmware... Thanks Guys...
    I just did not want to jump in there and start to delete, without getting some advice...

Raner, Jun 22, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I would recommend to create a restore point first to be safe.

Brink, Jun 22, 2017
  9. Raner Win User
    Will do... Thanks Brink...
    One more thing... You think it will be alright to delete anything having the vmware title that is not mentioned on the
    how to uninstall link... Thanks

Raner, Jun 22, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 22, 2017
  11. Raner Win User
    Thanks for the link Brink... I got some ammo now...LOL..
    Let me get started, the good news is I got plenty of time today... Later...

Raner, Jun 22, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I hope it goes well. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Jun 22, 2017
  13. Raner Win User

A little progress report... There going away bit by bit... Had 19 Critical Errors, Down to 14...LOL... Got a long way to go...

Raner, Jun 22, 2017
  14. Raner Win User
    I'm down to 12 critical errors, but I'm calling it quits for now...
    Computer is working great... So I'll mess with it at a later date... This shit is hard work for no pay...LOL...

Raner, Jun 23, 2017
  15. Raner Win User
    Progress report... I'm down to 5 critical errors... But the remaining 5 are not going to easy... There damn stubborn...LOL
    Little side note...This little free tool for finding left over registry keys for uninstalled programs is great.It is 780 times better than CCleaner...Why?
    Because it found 780 bad keys that CCleaner did not see...If you get it to try, Just let it do it's thing after you hit scan...
    It's a bit slow if there are too many bad registry key to compile the report...
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/lit...e=typ_redirect

Raner, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

1. How to manually remove leftover files with Admin command prompt... - Similar Threads - manually remove leftover

2. how to remove viruses from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove viruses from the command prompt?: How to remove viruses from the command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-viruses-from-the-command-prompt/a818112d-646a-4aa4-8875-682a319f8be6
  3. how to remove viruses from the command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove viruses from the command prompt?: How to remove viruses from the command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-viruses-from-the-command-prompt/a818112d-646a-4aa4-8875-682a319f8be6
  4. how to remove viruses from the command prompt?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  6. command prompt access denied as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    command prompt access denied as admin: [ATTACH] my windows time sync service has stopped so i want to manually start the service but it doesnt allow me to "net start w32time" even if i am the only admin account in the windows. Any help would he highly appreciated....
  7. Command prompt as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt as admin: i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot....
  8. Removing leftover windows update file?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing leftover windows update file?: Yesterday i clean windows update file from system setting > storage > Free up space. Because this already in the middle of the night and the progress take too long also i think its stuck in "purging: windows update cleanup" status so i turn off my pc and continue tomorrow....
  9. command prompt as admin error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt as admin error: Hi I am trying to delet files, and apparently I need to go into command prompt "run as admin" (through right click on command prompt in the start menu). But when I do this, I get a window asking for password, but nowhere to enter the password and no "yes" option, only a "no"...
  10. Admin Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...