Windows 10: How to migrate my OS to SSD without media creation tool?

Discus and support How to migrate my OS to SSD without media creation tool? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have hard drive and want to migrate my Windows 10 Pro to the SSD when I use Microsoft'e creation tool all goes well EXCEPT it updates me to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, May 4, 2017.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

How to migrate my OS to SSD without media creation tool?

I have hard drive and want to migrate my Windows 10 Pro to the SSD

when I use Microsoft'e creation tool all goes well EXCEPT it updates me to the Creator version, which is exactly what I don't want. I want my 10 Pro build 1607

Which brings up another question, isn't there a way now to stop the upgrade of the OS, I know the security upgrades occur, but I do not want Creator on the system.

thanks

:)

Trust_No1, May 4, 2017
  2. Syrez Win User

Windows 10 Reset Completely Failed

I half suspect that the system reset or the media creation doesn't work because I migrated my OS to an SSD. The system reset or the media creation is now failing because the drive's embedded ID has changed? I don't know.. did you change any hardware in
    your system? I'm just beating around the bush.

Syrez, May 4, 2017
  3. SamCSWong Win User
    SamCSWong, May 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Well, I can answer your first question. You migrate your Windows 10 Pro to the SSD from the HDD by copying all the partitions on the HDD to the SSD using a program such as MiniTool Partition Wizard or Macrium Reflect Free. You will have to adjust the size of the C: drive partition and/or any data partitions you have to match the new size available on the SSD.

Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free
    Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software

I can't answer your question about preventing the Creator's update. I downloaded it the first day it was available and upgraded all my computers manually.

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2017
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    Thanks I will try those, I tried EaseUS todo and it wouldn't boot the clone..

thanks again

Trust_No1, May 4, 2017
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    Just an UPDATE

I tried the Macrium (Reflect) software and had no success, was the same as my EaseUS todo software
    however the MiniTool Partition Wizard performed like a champ, went in did and done if 10 mins

LOL but now I am thinking maybe to drop 10 Pro all together and just go back to 7 Pro

thanks again

Trust_No1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to migrate my OS to SSD without media creation tool? - Similar Threads - migrate SSD without

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  5. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  6. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD

Windows Media Creation Tool Reformatted my External SSD: Using the Windows Media Creation Tool reformatted my entire drive. I created a healthy partition to create a bootable drive, whilst the installation warned me that it would format the partition, I was fine with that. After hoping out the shower I got to my computer to see...
  8. Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?

Media creation tool on an SSD/HDD partition?: Hi, I have used the windows media creation tool in the past with a USB stick to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. However I was wondering if it was possible to do the same thing with an SSD or HDD partition, so that if I were to install the drive to a new machine, the...
  9. OS migration tools

OS migration tools: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer with Windows and wonder if there are some tools to move all of my settings, files and applications to a new one. Maybe someone has used any of applications which move all of these things? I heard about PCmover, Zinstall, PCtrans,...
  10. Media Creation Tool install on a new ssd.

Media Creation Tool install on a new ssd.: In July I downloaded the Media Creation tool and created an USB version of the 29th release. I then used it to upgrade 2 pcs successfully. Now, I think I want to do a 'clean install' on a new ssd on another machine. Can I to I clean install with that USB? Seems to me I would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool migrate windows 10 os to ssd