Windows 10: How to migrate two accounts into one

Discus and support How to migrate two accounts into one in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two Outlook.com accounts, they differ before the @ sign. The first one is an old one, created a long time ago when still reading hotmail. Now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by tfwul, Aug 22, 2016.

1. tfwul Win User

How to migrate two accounts into one

I have two Outlook.com accounts, they differ before the @ sign.
    The first one is an old one, created a long time ago when still reading hotmail.
    Now it is also reading outlook.com

As it serves no purpose to keep 2 accounts and may possibly lead to confusion
    I am considering to have the old one deleted. If at all possible... that is.

There are two questions:
    1. Can it be done?
    2. What to watch out for?
    (Example: the username under C:\Users\<UserName> is the same as the name of the 1st (old)
    outlook-account, i.e. UserName-at-Outlook.com. If that account is being removed, then what effect will
    it have on all the stuff on the C-drive? Maybe it is so tied up to the email username that things are going wrong)

=

:)

tfwul, Aug 22, 2016
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

two live accounts into one

No, live accounts can't be merged.

But, you can put both accounts onto your phone and link the inboxes. The contacts and calendars will be shared between the two accounts.

But, you can only use one for billing purposes.

[ Pete ], Aug 22, 2016
  3. bingo75 Win User
    two live accounts into one

I created one live account on my old windows phone and created a new one on my windows 8 phone, can they be merged?

bingo75, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

How to migrate two accounts into one

1. How to migrate two accounts into one - Similar Threads - migrate accounts

2. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  3. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  4. Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...: I recently refunded a PC with Windows 11 because it had unremovable viruses on it I was wondering if my account would still have those files in it if I transfer to another PC is there any sort of option to not keep the files?...
  5. Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...

Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...: I recently refunded a PC with Windows 11 because it had unremovable viruses on it I was wondering if my account would still have those files in it if I transfer to another PC is there any sort of option to not keep the files?...
  6. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  7. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  8. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t: I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft even have the confirmation email with the code I had to enter and it was working, but now it won’t let me in and says I didn’t migrate? Can you please help I’ve already bought two extra Minecraft accounts because support couldn’t help...
  10. I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t

I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t: I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft even have the confirmation email with the code I had to enter and it was working, but now it won’t let me in and says I didn’t migrate? Can you please help I’ve already bought two extra Minecraft accounts because support couldn’t help...