Windows 10: How to minimize programs in Windows 10

Discus and support How to minimize programs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, In all the previous windows, you could right click a program on your taskbar, and select minimize. Why did windows 10 remove this feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2odd, May 18, 2016.

1. 2odd Win User

How to minimize programs in Windows 10

Hello,

In all the previous windows, you could right click a program on your taskbar, and select minimize. Why did windows 10 remove this feature? How are you supposed to minimize programs now??? I dont want to minimize all programs, or show the entire desktop... I want to be able to minimize programs one at a time, like I could in all the other windows. And some of my programs dont have that little line in the top right to minimize them, because they are things like games running in fullscreen borderless mode.

Thanks

:)

2. Programs Minimize in windows 10 - won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Do you have any third party antivirus software installed in your PC?

If yes, I suggest you to disable it temporarily and then restart the PC and check.

Note: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software
    can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

If the issue still persists, check the issue in Clean Boot state.

Refer the link below:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 18, 2016
  3. hkk46 Win User
    Programs Minimize in windows 10 - won't maximize

Just installed windows 10 and Control Panel and IE11 when opened auto minimize and won't maximize - help>

hkk46, May 18, 2016
  4. flybynite Win User

Just click the icon on the taskbar, and it will minimize. No right clicking necessary.

flybynite, May 18, 2016
  5. 2odd Win User
    that doesn't work for games running in fullscreen borderless mode, or for when you have multiple google chrome browsers open

6. flybynite Win User
    If you have multiple browser windows open, hover over the icon, then right click the preview of the browser window you want to minimize, and select minimize.

flybynite, May 18, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    How to minimize programs in Windows 10 [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 18, 2016
  8. How to minimize programs in Windows 10

Windows has behaved that way for a very long time (from W98 at least).

You can also use keyboard shortcuts:
    • Show Desktop: Win Logo Key + D
      • (reverse this action using Win Logo Key + D)
    • Minimise windows: "Win Logo Key + M"
      • (reverse this action using Win Logo Key + Shift + M)

lehnerus2000, May 18, 2016
  9. 2odd Win User
    Thanks flybynite! I didn't know about this, (waiting for the preview popup, then right clicking that), and it works for multiple browser windows. Unfortunately it does not work for games running in fullscreen borderless mode. =(

This doesn't work... it's just like show desktop, which minimizes everything, or entire groups of things, which I dont want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still looking for a way to minimize games running in full screen borderless mode, if anyone knows how to.

Thx

10. Have you tried picking the window you want, using Alt + Tab?

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to minimize programs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - minimize programs

2. Windows keep flashing a different program and minimizing my active programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep flashing a different program and minimizing my active programs: I have spent the past week looking through here and all over the internet for a fix. I have disabled cmd in startup, disabled other startup programs, disabled notifications, disabled game mode, drivers are updated for gpu and my motherboard and everything. I'll play GTA or...
  3. Windows keep flashing a different program and minimizing my active programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keep flashing a different program and minimizing my active programs: I have spent the past week looking through here and all over the internet for a fix. I have disabled cmd in startup, disabled other startup programs, disabled notifications, disabled game mode, drivers are updated for gpu and my motherboard and everything. I'll play GTA or...
  4. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running: Current Build:Case: Mini ITX NZXT with 140mm AIO CoolerCPU: Intel Core i7 10700KGPU: RTX 2070 SuperMotherboard: Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRARAM: Corsair DDR4 x2Audio: Nvidia High Def Audio, Corsair Void Elite Wireless HeadsetI only really play The Cycle: Frontier currently on...
  5. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running: Current Build:Case: Mini ITX NZXT with 140mm AIO CoolerCPU: Intel Core i7 10700KGPU: RTX 2070 SuperMotherboard: Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRARAM: Corsair DDR4 x2Audio: Nvidia High Def Audio, Corsair Void Elite Wireless HeadsetI only really play The Cycle: Frontier currently on...
  6. PC boasting high CPU temps lately, 80+ with minimal programs running

7. Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs: Hello,Basically the exact same issue as in an archived Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/q9xpvx/weird_windows_11_full_screen_slight_zoom_out_when/To keep things short, whenever a program is in true full-screen, exiting it in any way alt-tab, Win key,...
  8. Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs

Weird animation associated with alt-tabbing out of, or minimizing, full-screen programs: Hello,Basically the exact same issue as in an archived Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/q9xpvx/weird_windows_11_full_screen_slight_zoom_out_when/To keep things short, whenever a program is in true full-screen, exiting it in any way alt-tab, Win key,...
  9. Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?: It's really annoying when f.e. some games cannot be minimized to taskbar. Why operating system is allowing a mere program to control this part of operating system? This shouldn't even be possible to disable by any program....
  10. Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why programs are allowed to disable minimizing feature?: It's really annoying when f.e. some games cannot be minimized to taskbar. Why operating system is allowing a mere program to control this part of operating system? This shouldn't even be possible to disable by any program....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove programs in windows 10 microsoft.com

2. minize on windows 10 and open app

3. how to minimize windows apps

4. disable multitasking in windows 10,
  5. windows minimize to taskbar windows 10,
  6. minimize windows apps,
  7. resize windows in windows10,
  8. minimize program,
  9. windows 10 snap windows,
  10. windows 10 click taskbar icon to minimize,
  11. stop maximizing window windows 10,