Windows 10: how to minimize shadow copy space?

Discus and support how to minimize shadow copy space? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Well, how can i shrink down the amount of space used for shadow copy? 56626 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gradeabra, Jul 17, 2016.

1. gradeabra Win User

how to minimize shadow copy space?

Well, how can i shrink down the amount of space used for shadow copy?

:)

gradeabra, Jul 17, 2016
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Marc0523 Win User
    VSS Problems in Windows 10

C:\Windows\system32>vssadmin add shadowstorage /For=C: /On=C: /MaxSize=1.5GB

vssadmin 1.1 - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrative command-line tool

(C) Copyright 2001-2013 Microsoft Corp.

Error: Invalid command.

---- Commands Supported ----

Delete Shadows - Delete volume shadow copies

List Providers - List registered volume shadow copy providers

List Shadows - List existing volume shadow copies

List ShadowStorage - List volume shadow copy storage associations

List Volumes - List volumes eligible for shadow copies

List Writers - List subscribed volume shadow copy writers

Resize ShadowStorage - Resize a volume shadow copy storage association

C:\Windows\system32>

Windows version 1703 FYI.

Marc0523, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  5. gradeabra Win User
    Thanks isit fine if i minimize it to only 2%?

gradeabra, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It is if that's all the space you want available for restore points.

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  7. gradeabra Win User
    Just a quick question if i revert back to Win 7 now, can i go back to 10 again anytime i want? Without using any installation disk.

gradeabra, Jul 17, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You could use the "Upgrade to Windows 10" update in Windows Update, but you'll also always be able to upgrade or clean install to Windows 10 with installation media.

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  9. gradeabra Win User
    And also i would like to ask is there anyway to set update to manual?

gradeabra, Jul 18, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
  11. gradeabra Win User
    gradeabra, Jul 18, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 18, 2016
  13. gradeabra Win User

gradeabra, Jul 18, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could use 5, but you would have to enable the service before each time your checked for updates. In addition, when you enabled the service, automatic updates would also be enabled again.

Using option 4, you wouldn't have to do anything else.

Brink, Jul 18, 2016
  15. gradeabra Win User
    I would like to use option 4. However i am having problem getting into the Wi-Fi page. Can i get here through search bar?

gradeabra, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

1. how to minimize shadow copy space? - Similar Threads - minimize shadow copy

2. Shadow copy and SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shadow copy and SSD: Hello.I have an ASUS ROG with an internal ssd and a internal hdd that i use as storage.A few months ago i install O&O defrag.When try to use trim command appears a message to disable shadow copiescreation of restore points because decrease the life time of ssd!!!Is that...
  3. Shadow copy and SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shadow copy and SSD: Hello.I have an ASUS ROG with an internal ssd and a internal hdd that i use as storage.A few months ago i install O&O defrag.When try to use trim command appears a message to disable shadow copiescreation of restore points because decrease the life time of ssd!!!Is that...
  4. shadow copy storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadow copy storage: i have to resize shadow copy size.what commands do i need?i tried vssadmin.. this did not work.this needed for create a system image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-storage/02922a1c-fc7a-42de-bd1d-a2f882196c08
  5. shadow copy storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shadow copy storage: i have to resize shadow copy size.what commands do i need?i tried vssadmin.. this did not work.this needed for create a system image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-storage/02922a1c-fc7a-42de-bd1d-a2f882196c08
  6. Shadow copy auditing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shadow copy auditing: Hi There,I need a way for auditing shadow copy creation/deletion/restoration events. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-copy-auditing/b1b5734d-245b-4b07-8cb3-8196bc7f46ba
  7. there is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    there is not enough disk space to create the volume shadow copy on the storage location: Hi, I am having problems creating a system image on my Windows 10 PRO computer. I searched everywhere to find my answer but what I get is suggestions to install softwares to manage disk partions or other kinds of fixes. But I have been using Windows System backup since may...
  8. What is resizing maximum shadow copy storage space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is resizing maximum shadow copy storage space?: On my laptop, drive C: is a small solid state drive with only about 50G of free space. I noticed that a little bit of this free space is disappearing every day until only a few gigs of free space was remaining. Turned out, shadow storage was eating up all the free space. The...
  9. Shadow Copy Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow Copy Windows10: Hello, I update to 18860 Insider build, before that I was able to see my shadow copies in "Previous version" tab in every folder. But latest build loose my task schedules, can you help, what is right command to enable shadow copies again and show on "Previous version"?...
  10. Restore and Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore and Shadow Copy: What is the difference between System Restore and Shadow Copy? I am familiar with the first, but only came across references to the second recently. 56132