Windows 10: How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

Discus and support How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cyber, Jan 10, 2016.

1. cyber Win User

How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar

I have pinned MS Word and Excel to my taskbar and when I right click either icon, the last used files are listed. On Win 7 there was a way of increasing the number of files showing on this list, if I remember well. Since I have 5 pinned files on top of the list, there is not much space left for showing other files unless I find a way of minimizing the icons on the list.

:)

cyber, Jan 10, 2016
  2. Brian_68 Win User

Items not showing in taskbar in Windows 10

I did the upgrade to Windows 10 and everything was working great. Particular to this issue, all the items I had previously pinned to the taskbar were still pinned and icons/thumbnails showed up when I minimized windows.

Tonight, when I started up my taskbar was bare. And when I minimized a window it stayed bare. The only way to get back to a previously minimized window is to use the "task view" button (or alt-Tab). What appears on my taskbar from left to right: Start button,
    Cortana/Ask me anything area, Task View button, then a long blank space, the notification area and,finally, the clock/calendar.

When I right click on app icons in the Start Menu that I had pinned, the option to unpin them is given. If I do unpin them and repin, they still do not appear.

Any ideas on how I can get back the full functions of my taskbar?

THanks

Brian_68, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Teqh_Zem Win User
    Taskbar is there, but no icons pinned, or appear when minimized?

My taskbar is there, but no icons pinned, or appear when minimized. Sometimes I can click the icons, but they arent there. I can not click the start or task view button on the place either, there is no time on the taskbar either. Please help! Thanks!

Teqh_Zem, Jan 10, 2016
  4. KeithM Win User

KeithM, Jan 10, 2016
Thema:

1. How to minimize the icons that appear when I right click any taskbar - Similar Threads - minimize icons appear

2. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  3. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  4. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  6. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  7. cannot right-click on taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot right-click on taskbar icons: Hi there I am having an issue with my windows 10 desktop. I cannot right-click on my taskbar icons, I can't open the calendar or the sound mixer. I have tried everything on the internet. I noticed this entire issue began after I removed the razer synapse program from my...
  8. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  9. When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize

in Windows 10 Support
    When left clicked icons in taskbar do not minimize: It used to be that when you had a window open you could minimize it by clicking it corresponding icon in the task bar. that feature appears to no longer work and you must open each window individually and go to the minimize icon in that window to minimize it. or you can hover...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....