Windows 10: How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

Discus and support How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ComputerGeek, Nov 12, 2017.

1. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud storage, search for specific file/folders as well as able to search for file dups).

I've searched online and found a handful of products offerings including
    • NetDrive
    • TNT Drive
    • Cloudberry Drive
    • ExpanDrive
    • CloudMounter
    • SME

Does anyone have some real-life, hands-on experience with any of these (or other products) they might recommend? Of course, something free would be ideal but I don't mind paying something (reasonable) for s/w that meets my needs
    I'll also be adding OneDrive down the road so would like support for that as well

Thanks for any feedack/information!!

:)

ComputerGeek, Nov 12, 2017
  2. colinobj Win User

Mount ISO image that persists or mount at start-up

Using Windows 10 Home.

I want to have an ISO disk image mounted permanently and assigned to drive letter U - rather like mapping a network drive.

I know how to mount an ISO image in file explorer and assign it a drive letter in diskmgmt. But, when I re-start the computer, the mount does not persist and I have to do the mount/drive-letter assignment all over again.

I know there are 3rd party utilities which can do this, but how do I do it in Windows 10?

Is there a way of making the mount and drive-letter persist?

Or perhaps a command that can be executed at start-up to mount and assign a drive letter?

Or can it be done by kidding the "Map network drive" to map it somehow?

colinobj, Nov 12, 2017
  3. Map a Drive

Yasshiel

Very many thanks

Kindest regards

Ian

IanWhiteBoss, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

Brink, Nov 12, 2017
  5. Hi Brink

Thanks for the very quick response! I only skimmed the article you mentioned but don't think it meets my need. I can easily access / search the Google Drive folder on my PC. BUT my issue is that I store many GB's of data in the cloud ONLY (nowhere on my PC). So it's not in myGoogle drive folder or elsewhere on my PC).

So I'd really like to be able to map a drive letter to the Googe Drive cloud storage (not the Google Drive folder) so i can search files on stored in the cloud.

6. cereberus Win User
    Onedrive has exactly that feature now with Files On Demand. I am not aware of anyway of doing it with any other Cloud service.

For only £6 a month, you can get 1TB of Onedrive space, and as a bonus, you get the full MS Office chucked in free (actually it is other way round - you lease MS Office and get 1TB free).

Nothing else comes close to it in terms of value, and you get Files on Demand.

No contest really.

You get 5GB free anyway. Suggest you play with that and then decide if you want to go for MS Office deal.

cereberus, Nov 12, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Nov 12, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

Interesting - this sounds like Google's version of Files On Demand. I wonder if it will have an android version?

Edit: the more basic app is not like files on demand. You need a G suite account for the FOD equivalent. Not impressed!

cereberus, Nov 12, 2017
  9. @cereberus and @Samuria
    Thanks for the info! I had been looking at products like NetDrive and ExpanDrive that (fyi) allow you to selectively mount any or all your cloud services (Amazon, Google, Dropbox, OneDrive, SFTP and more) so each gets a drive letter and each looks to Windows like a network mapped drive. That would then allow a plethora of standard file/folder tools to access cloud storage which otherwise couldn't.

However, as I'm only concerned with Google Drive and OneDrive, I'll take a closer look at what you mention to see if it's sufficient for my needs. It will certainly be free! Thanks!

10. cereberus Win User
    In the end, free usage is fairly limited in capacity and really only suitable for critical data eg photos, word docs.

For big stuff eg videos, images you will need to lease capacity. Then onedrive comes into its own with MS Office lease.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives - Similar Threads - mount cloud storage

2. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  3. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  4. Attempting Map Drive to Buffalo Personal Cloud Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attempting Map Drive to Buffalo Personal Cloud Storage: Hello,Using laptop with recently upgraded W11. Trying to map for personal cloud storage to my Buffalo LinkStation 210.Quick Access>>Show More Options>>Map Network DriveI am absolutely using the correct password and username, but it keeps giving me an error and not allowing...
  5. Attempting Map Drive to Buffalo Personal Cloud Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting Map Drive to Buffalo Personal Cloud Storage: Hello,Using laptop with recently upgraded W11. Trying to map for personal cloud storage to my Buffalo LinkStation 210.Quick Access>>Show More Options>>Map Network DriveI am absolutely using the correct password and username, but it keeps giving me an error and not allowing...
  6. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters: This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. == I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an issue where they were swapping Mapped Network Drive Letters. I needed them to stay what they were all the time, it wasn't...
  7. How to delay mounting network drives

How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  8. How to delay mounting network drives

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delay mounting network drives: Hi there! i'm running windows 10 PRO ver 1909, and i bought a synology NAS. Since the first day, after mapping the network drives, i noticed everytime i reboot my laptop, windows tries to mount the drives first (or so it seems), as the wifi takes a sec longer to connect, it...
  9. Map a server to a drive letter

Map a server to a drive letter: Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter.. I after a lot of researching did not find any solution.......
  10. Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available

Cannot mount network drives - drive letters not available: Hi I have a strange problem. I have some harddrives on a "server" computer in my homenetwork running win 7. From my "client" running windows 10 I am mounting these drives using psexec \\server -u username -p password -d net share F=F:\ /GRANT:user,Full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to mount any cloud storage as a drive on windows