Windows 10: How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

Discus and support How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone!... Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Josue Franco Jaldin, Aug 16, 2018.

1. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

Hello everyone!...

Last week, I have been trying a lot of stuff to move my files from Appdata. However creating a symbolic link is not enough. I got PC's where i could change the location just by clicking to properties(Going to Location and changing it manually), but they don't work really well. They give me this error:
    How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk? a29e89fc-271e-4034-9e04-5b2a0d21796b?upload=true.png

My questions are:

"How could I remove this error?" And "If There are other ways to change the Location?"

(Sorry for some grammatical errors English is not my best language)

Regards,

:)

Josue Franco Jaldin, Aug 16, 2018

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Monkey57 Win User
    .tmp files in my Local Disk (CHow to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk? :)

What is the location for 'your' Temporary Internet Files:

Please see:

Change location of TEMP files folder to another drive

Start Internet Explorer.

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.

On the General tab, click Settings.

Click Move Folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Click the folder you created in Step 1.

Click OK, click OK, and then click OK again.

Restart your computer

and

Microsft Edge has become extremely slow

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on the Gearicon, and select Internet Options.
    • On the General tab, under Browsing History, go to Settings.
    • On the Temporary Internet Filestab, click on Move folder. [move only if not set to default, or you need to move to another drive]

Default location is -

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

i.e.->C:\Users\JoeCool\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\

See also:

Recognized Environment Variables (Windows 10)

TEMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

TMP-The temporary folder on the computer. A typical path is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp.

To check your values -> in cortana type 'Advanced System Settings' (click on the best matched results)- Advanced Tab - Click 'Environmental Variables' button - make sure your TEMP and Tmp show the variables above.

After changing the 'Environmental Variables'->Reboot.

Run a Disk Cleanup with all the boxes checked in the final dialog box.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17421/windows-free-up-drive-space

Remove the temp folders/files in the root C:\.

Is your data backed up with FileHistory, OneDrive, or something->

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...onto-the/a0977ed7-e796-405b-be25-fa41441fc4b0

If your 'Environmental Variables' had the correct defaults, Please post back.

Monkey57, Aug 16, 2018
  4. Lord Quo Win User

How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

Error with permissions writing in C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local

Hi all.

I'm having problems with user or app permission to this folder and this subfolrders:

• One problem is with my PortableApps executables, they said that not have access to my temp folder, the problem is in
      C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\Temp. I'm tried changing the location of this folder and changing my env variables, but the problem is the same
    • Other problem, but related to the previous one, is with my self code programs, writen in Visual Studio 2015. I have a routine to save some app's settings, and the path wher there are saved is in
      C:\Users\MyUser\AppData\Local\MyApp and the result is the same, the app does not have permissions to write here

I think the root of the problem is the same, only with
    different symptoms, according to the program that
    is currently running.

My temporary solution was set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3, but this is not correct, because I can not debug my Visual Studio program.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Lord Quo, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk?

1. How to move C:\...\Appdata\Local to other disk? - Similar Threads - move AppdataLocal disk

2. How to partition the C-disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to partition the C-disk?: The 950 GB C-disk on my Windows 11 laptop has about 860 GB of free space. I would like to partition that to create a second partition of about 300 GB. I found several websites that provide steps for doing this involving the Shrink feature of the Disk Management app. But when...
  3. In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!: Here is my full pathC\Windows\%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps\MsMpEng.exe.4600.dmpWhy it creates the folder "LOCALAPPDATA" in the Windows folder?Please help! Could I delete the folder or ignore it?...
  4. In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!

In C drive, Windows folder I have "%APPDATALOCAL%" folder!: Here is my full pathC\Windows\%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps\MsMpEng.exe.4600.dmpWhy it creates the folder "LOCALAPPDATA" in the Windows folder?Please help! Could I delete the folder or ignore it?...
  5. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C: I try many times to move desktop back but cannot move back. It is because of system volume information locates in disk D. How can i move back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-desktop-back-to-disk-c/6cb1173d-7cc3-4ee5-acd1-45a12721238b
  6. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C: I try many times to move desktop back but cannot move back. It is because of system volume information locates in disk D. How can i move back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-desktop-back-to-disk-c/6cb1173d-7cc3-4ee5-acd1-45a12721238b
  7. Can't Move Desktop Back To Disk C

8. Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move game data from SSD Disk C: to external disk: Hello. I downloaded the "Hallo, The Major Collection" game pack from the Windows store.My problem is that the 116GB have installed on my SSD disk c : and I don't have much space left since.I want to move everything to my external SSD and thus free up space.I did not find a...
  9. move some files from disk C to disk D/E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move some files from disk C to disk D/E: Hello, i want to ask what should i do to move some files from disk C to disk D/E because my disk C is almost full. And what kind of file that i can move? Thank you very much...
  10. Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move Windows UWP apps to other disk?: I got multiple internal disks and I want to change what app is in which. submitted by /u/RedditNoobie777 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecwmkz/move_windows_uwp_apps_to_other_disk/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appdata move to othe drive

2. how to move one local disk to other disk in cmd

3. does user profile disks move appdata local