Windows 10: How to move emails from one Outlook account to another?

Discus and support How to move emails from one Outlook account to another? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've heard this is possible, by using Outlook 2013 and exporting all emails to a .pst file, but I added my Outlook account and after it synced... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Xehanort, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Xehanort Win User

How to move emails from one Outlook account to another?

I've heard this is possible, by using Outlook 2013 and exporting all emails to a .pst file, but I added my Outlook account and after it synced everything looks like this:

How to move emails from one Outlook account to another? [​IMG]

Obviously i'm doing something wrong, so I came here to ask for help. I want to move every email I have in my original Outlook account to a new Outlook account I made, because i'm ditching the original's email address for a new one. Maybe i'm completely off and this is impossible xD

Thank you for the help

:)

Xehanort, Jun 11, 2015

2. can i send out e-mail while i am on street which an e-mail i reply from synced outlook account?

We're you able to move it from Outlook to one of the email accounts on your device? I am able to move emails from folder to folder within one account but not between accounts.

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jun 11, 2015
  3. pkogut Win User
    Calendar - wrong dates, no ability to change it

Thank you for the fast replys How to move emails from one Outlook account to another? :)

Can you tell me how i can move my email to .....@outlook.com

Right now im registered with my gmail account to the HOTMAIL/SKYDRIVE/etc. and i want to have a new email @outlook or hotmail.

How can i register and move all my data from my gmail account to a new one?

EDIT:

ok i have a new account on outlook added as an alias to account.

Can i move skydrive and other to the new email adres?

pkogut, Jun 11, 2015
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

I think this method will work.

(I'm using IMAP so I need to copy from the SERVER first to a LOCAL PST file).

Note I think OUTLOOK 2013 has problems -- OUTLOOK 2010 and OUTLOOK 2016 (the latest office preview trial) BOTH work with this method.

1) create a .pst file somewhere on your PC and open it in outlook

2) copy email folders to your temporary .pst file usually SENT and INBOX are the mails you want and close outlook.

3) Now do your delete old account / create new account.

4) Open in Outlook the local pst file you created in step 2 with open file. (in outlook)

5) select all the emails you want and copy to relevant inbox / sent mail etc. (select all the emails and with right mouse choose copy / move to folder -- and move to relevant folder -- WARNING - MOVE seems to LOSE email on Outlook 2013 but works fine on outlook 2010 and 2016.

6) close the pst file.

Job done. You can delete the .pst file after you exit outlook.

Outlook 2013 doesn't do this properly for some reason --seems to LOSE email -once it was sent - Anyway I HATED outlook 2013. The preview Outlook 2016 in the office preview is MUCH better and works just like Office 2010 did -- i.e correctly. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 11, 2015
  5. Howdy Folks,

I'm a newbie to Win10 but *not* to computers. I regularly copy my outlook folders for a backup to another drive.
    After doing a clean install of Win10 I reloaded Outlook 2010 and *it set up a new .pst file*. I don't recall it asking me where to find my old .pst. (maybe it forgot?) *chuckle *really

I've tried just about everything I can think of or that Google offers and just can't get it to go to a secondary drive and latch onto my old .pst file.

This would be the last major issue I have to fix before I can go back to "normal" computer use.

My appreciation goes out in advance to *All* who read this and those who reply!

Best,
    /jdU *Wink

jdUnionngarden, May 20, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this article and see if this helps you.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/291636

OldMike65, May 20, 2016
  7. Thanks OldMike65 !
    Sounds like something I've tried, but I'll do it step-by-step per your link in the morning and see what happens.

Best,
    /jdU
    *Cool

8. OldMike65 Win User

If you do change it according to those steps showed by Microsoft in that link, its a permanent change. You can't have TWO different locations for your *.pst files. I always keep mine on my C drive. Which is where my office is installed.
    Their is also a Outlook Tips web page if you want to do more research on your Outlook 2010.
    http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner...outlook-files/
    Between these two links I've given you, they should help you decide. *Smile
    Mike....

OldMike65, May 20, 2016
  9. Hi All!
    I'm thinking I'm making a real mess of this and am considering uninstalling Outlook then reinstalling ... but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. i.e. Starting from the beginning -> then what? LOL
    -
    If you don't mind sticking with me a little longer, please take a look of the annotated screen captures attached.

Thank you! *Smile

Best,
    /jdU
    Names have been changed to protect the innocent! *Wink
    [As always Jim, if you or any of your agents are killed or captured, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This message will self-destruct in 10 seconds to protect the guilty. Mission Impossible TV show theme song - YouTube ]

10. Issue has been solved by:
    determination,
    brute force (delete, delete and delete you too, darn it!)
    with a tiny bit of intellect! * *Wink

Thanks folks!

Best,
    /jdU
    *Biggrin

* the faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, especially with regard to abstract or academic matters.

jdUnionngarden, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to move emails from one Outlook account to another? - Similar Threads - move emails Outlook

2. Changing emails/moving files from one account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing emails/moving files from one account to another: Hello. I am currently having an issue with my computer/account. The email attached to my main microsoft account is with yahoo.com, however, that email was compromised and I had to delete it. I am trying to change it to an outlook email instead for that to be my main email,...
  3. Changing emails/moving files from one account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing emails/moving files from one account to another: Hello. I am currently having an issue with my computer/account. The email attached to my main microsoft account is with yahoo.com, however, that email was compromised and I had to delete it. I am trying to change it to an outlook email instead for that to be my main email,...
  4. How to move programs from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to move programs from one PC to another: Hi All, IT newb here. I have two identical hardware-wise PCs that I need to setup for two people. I've setup all the programs in Computer A. My question is, what would be the best way to transfer all the programs/settings from Computer A to Computer B without losing...
  5. Move device from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move device from one Microsoft account to another: I have a Microsoft account with email address 'A' that shows my subscription, but no device. It also has the Skype account with all my historic details. I have another Microsoft account with email address B that shows my device. First question: how do I move my device to...
  6. How to move data from one user account to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move data from one user account to another?: How do I move all the programs and files from one user to another user on the same system? submitted by /u/samerium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijpcft/how_to_move_data_from_one_user_account_to_another/
  7. Emails from Another Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Emails from Another Account: I keep getting emails from some other person's account to my gmail account. Is there a way to get this **** disabled? I'm really sick and tired of getting emails that some kid is spending money games. I've verified that none of my account settings are changed, MFA is...
  8. How to move an app from a user to another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move an app from a user to another one: Hi, I created a new user for me on the same laptop my mom uses. I play Township (a game app) on her user and I want to transfer it to my personal user. Any idea how to do it? submitted by /u/Retrograde-Motion [link] [comments]...
  9. Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook, How do I move an email to another outlook file and rename it: Good morning all I am involved in a court case where there are a huge abundance of emails to keep. I need to have different folders, all within outlook and need to move them from the inbox to these different folders and rename them (so as to find what I want easily) How...
  10. How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add another email account (Outlook Mail)?: I tried to add another email account but the system informs that I need to give account permission to sync or change password. I created an account at Gmail but cannot add it to my laptop because in the Calendar I receive an error message Ox80004005...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move emails from one outlook account to another

2. how to import emails from one outlook account to another outlook account 2019