Windows 10: How to move taskbar back down to bottom

Discus and support How to move taskbar back down to bottom in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally hit some key or something, and the taskbar that was sitting happily at the bottom of the screen shifted to the middle of the screen,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kahill1918, Aug 7, 2018.

1. How to move taskbar back down to bottom

I accidentally hit some key or something, and the taskbar that was sitting happily at the bottom of the screen shifted to the middle of the screen, leaving the bottom of the screen totally black and blank. I do not want to have to move it to the left or top or right but want it back at the bottom.

:)

kahill1918, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 7, 2018
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 7, 2018
  4. How to move taskbar back down to bottom

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

How to move taskbar back down to bottom

1. How to move taskbar back down to bottom - Similar Threads - move taskbar down

2. Moving icons to bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving icons to bottom of screen: Somehow all the taskbar icons moved to a vertical column on the right of the screen, and I cannot find a way to get them back to the bottom, where I prefer them. Any ideas? Thanks....
  3. How to get cortana icon back on taskbar

How to get cortana icon back on taskbar: how to get cortana icon on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-cortana-icon-back-on-taskbar/ba8d6178-9bb4-43f6-9b46-74358f381a20
  4. how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen

how to move taskbar to the bottom of screen: moving taskbar from left side of screen to the bottom of screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-move-taskbar-to-the-bottom-of-screen/94b18541-814c-4334-8c99-15fafe72f075
  5. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  6. move details pane to the bottom of window

move details pane to the bottom of window: hi i want to know is there any way to move move details pane to the bottom of a window? in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7 are those two suitable for 10 or not? or 10 has its own application? thanks 16268
  7. bottom taskbar issue help needed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    bottom taskbar issue help needed: It seems my reply did not go through. I solved ti by removing and then adding back my toolbars. Many thanks for the help anyway.
  8. Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar on the bottom MIDDLE possible?: I just got an ultrawide monitor (34") and I thought it would be awesome. But so far I am not liking the fact that the taskbar is positioned at the bottom left (and right). This means a lot of mouse travel and neck turning. In theory, the way to best solve it would be just...
  9. Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar keeps moving back to primary monitor: Pretty much as the title says. My task bar is locked and located on the right-hand side of my second monitor. Occasionally I'll go for it and realize that it is now located on the right-hand side of my primary monitor. Most recently this happened after bringing my computer...
  10. Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Kep taskbar down when resizing a window at bottom edge of screen?: I need to resize a window by moving my mouse to its lower edge. When I try to do this, the taskbar (set to autohide) comes up and gets in the way. Is there a means to suppress the taskbar temporarily for this operation? 91219