Windows 10: How to move the boot status from a partition to another ?

Discus and support How to move the boot status from a partition to another ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to move the boot status from a partition to another of the same one HDD on GUID Partition Table system on windows 10 ? I have cloned the bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by budi, Nov 12, 2017.

1. budi Win User

How to move the boot status from a partition to another ?

How to move the boot status from a partition to another of the same one HDD on GUID Partition Table system on windows 10 ?
    I have cloned the bootable OS partition (lettered with C) to another partition (letter F) so the size used is near exact.
    screenshot from AOMEI Partition Assistant SE (free edition) app.:

How to move the boot status from a partition to another ? [​IMG]

Now how do I move the active bootable (change the boot status) of source partition to be in the destination (new) partition?

:)

2. How to move the boot status from a partition to another ?

Hi,

What you are trying to do and accomplish requires an aid or help of a third party cloning software. In order for us to assist you, we suggest to post your query on this forum:

Microsoft TechNet
    . They are technically trained in handling this kind of case.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 12, 2017
  3. How to move the boot status from a partition to another ?

How to move the boot status from a partition to another of the same one HDD on GUID Partition Table system on windows 10 ?

I have cloned the bootable OS partition (lettered with C) to another partition (letter F) so the size used is near exact.

screenshot from AOMEI Partition Assistant SE (free edition) app.:

Now how do I move the active bootable (change the boot status) of source partition to be in the destination (new) partition?

abdulbadii, Nov 12, 2017
  4. budi Win User

5. topgundcp Win User
    @AddRAM
    FYI, Easy BCD is not fully support UEFI type BIOS.

To work with UEFI, Use:
    EasyUEFI - The easy way to manage EFI/UEFI boot options!

@budi
    You are currently running Windows in drive C: that's why it is marked as boot.

Open Admin command prompt and type:
    • bcdboot F:\Windows
    • reboot. You will be presented with a dual boot menu which you can either boot from C: or from F:
    • Once booted from F: . Press Win+R and type msconfig , click on boot tab, You'll see 2 entries: 1st for F: 2nd for C:
    • Delete the 2nd one.
    • Reboot, it will boot into F: only but now the drive letter will change to C: and C: will change to something else, may be F:

topgundcp, Nov 12, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Run MSconfig, select boot tab, change F drive installation to default.

cereberus, Nov 12, 2017
  7. AddRAM Win User
    @ Topgundcp, Thank you for correcting me *Smile

Nice program there.

AddRAM, Nov 12, 2017
  8. topgundcp Win User

You're welcome. I hate to say this but his method won't work since it has only one entry. You only get "Default" if you have more than one.

topgundcp, Nov 12, 2017
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    @topgundcp posted the exact method to do it.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2017
  10. budi Win User
    SOLVED
    simply just works
    Thanks much, I appreciate it. God bless you ... ameen

Thema:

1. How to move the boot status from a partition to another ? - Similar Threads - move boot status

2. Move Windows EFI boot partition to another drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows EFI boot partition to another drive.: I have a Windows installation with three drivesC:\ windows 10 installationE:\ stuffD:\ contains the EFI boot partition + stuffFor what ever reason, when i installed Windows with a two disk setup, the core installation was installed on C:\ and the EFI partition was installed...
  3. Move Windows EFI boot partition to another drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows EFI boot partition to another drive.: I have a Windows installation with three drivesC:\ windows 10 installationE:\ stuffD:\ contains the EFI boot partition + stuffFor what ever reason, when i installed Windows with a two disk setup, the core installation was installed on C:\ and the EFI partition was installed...
  4. Move Windows EFI boot partition to another drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  6. Move the boot partition to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move the boot partition to another drive?: My situation is as follows: My Desktop has 2 different SSDs: First has a WS19 install and the boot partition, Second has only the Windows 10 partition. I want to delete the WS19 partition and move W10 into its place. Am I right, that I have to keep the original boot...
  7. Moving boot partition to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving boot partition to another drive: I've found very mixed things about this, most making it seem too difficult to be worthwhile. I have Windows 10 dual booting with OSX, and for some reason, Windows put its bootloader on my HDD which I use solely for backup purposes. Windows itself is installed to its own SSD....
  8. Moving the System partition from one disk to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving the System partition from one disk to another: Hello everybody, I'm having an issue with the setup of my Windows 10 computer. I'm pretty lost right now. A few months ago, I've installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 in disk 0 (SSD). Because I had several work files, during installation I've maintained an old disk also...
  9. Moving Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving Boot Partition: Hey all, This is probably much simpler than I expect, but I can't find any specific instructions myself and I do NOT want to mess anything up here. I want to separate my data and boot files. I have two 1TB hard drives and a 320GB. I want to move the boot drive and...
  10. How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition to another: How do I move ESP - EFI SYstem Partition - from a partition at higher offset to another lower one, as was prepared ? [img] Many thankfulness for sincere helpful effort 101436

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move boot status