Windows 10: How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

Discus and support How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinWuB, May 19, 2017.

1. JustinWuB Win User

How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list

I installed iCloud on my Windows 10 machine and the iCloud icon is displayed in the local drive list. It's too annoying*Sad*Sad*Sad How can I remove the icon out of the drive list. Thanks!

How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list [​IMG]

:)

JustinWuB, May 19, 2017

2. Windows 10 Install: Cannot Determine Space

I didn't understand why it couldn't work out that I had plenty of disk space, so I looked in File Explorer and saw that my computer had the three devices/drives I expected (two HDD positions, C & D, plus my CD-ROM, E), plus an unexpected "iCloud Photos"
    virtual drive with a pretty flower icon that refused to be deleted.

Looking on other forums, I found that my iTunes installation had also installed iCloud, which had created this virtual "iCloud Photos" drive.

The solution was to uninstall iCloud (can leave iTunes) - after that I re-ran the installation and it continues happily.

(the iCloud uninstall goes smoothest if you sign out from iCloud first and exit from it)

It's a pity that some Microsoft programmer didn't realise that it doesn't matter if there are some devices/drives that they can't get info about, as long as there is enough space in the drives they can see, and it is preferable if they are on the local hard
    disk and not in a cloud!

LaurenceRenshaw, May 19, 2017
  3. How to add a network drive to the list of folders to back up?

You cannot backup files that aren't on your computer. From the backup program's perspective, those files are already backed up at that network location.

And just FYI, I would strongly recommend against using the "Windows 7 Backup" that is included with Windows 8 and 10. Use something more modern like File History, or another tool.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 19, 2017
  4. Pyprohly Win User

Hi JustinWuB,

The iCloud photo stream icon can easily be removed from This PC by deleting the following registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}

Pyprohly, May 19, 2017
  5. JustinWuB Win User
    It works. Thanks a lot!

JustinWuB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to move the iCloud icon out of the local drive list - Similar Threads - move iCloud icon

2. ERROR SIGN IN LOCAL DRIVE ICON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR SIGN IN LOCAL DRIVE ICON: Hey thereso I reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC because it had a virus. I reset the PC from the option in windows. Not a fresh install from usb or iso. so yeaMy laptop has a 512gb m.2 ssd pcie gen 4.0 samsung 980proi have made two partitions. One for the OS and the other for my...
  3. How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...: Since upgrading to windows 11 the iCloud windows app won't let me sync iCloud drive.Worked perfectly in win10 then after upgrade, every time I check the box and click apply it just unchecks it again.Photos, contacts, calendar all work but not drive.Spoke to apple support who...
  4. How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...

How do you get iCloud windows app to sync iCloud Drive? It keeps unchecking iCloud Drive...: Since upgrading to windows 11 the iCloud windows app won't let me sync iCloud drive.Worked perfectly in win10 then after upgrade, every time I check the box and click apply it just unchecks it again.Photos, contacts, calendar all work but not drive.Spoke to apple support who...
  5. Local USB Backup Drive moved to Network Drive ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Local USB Backup Drive moved to Network Drive ?: Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 I have a 4TB USB drive I'm currently using for Windows File Backup. I want to move this to a NAS Drive configuration using a Raspberry Pi using this tutorial: How to Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Low-Power Network Storage Device...
  6. Moving Local Drives To A New Laptop.

Moving Local Drives To A New Laptop.: My new laptop has only a Local Disk C, while my old one has C, E and F. Can I and if yes, then how do I move Local disk E and F alone from my old laptop to the new one?...
  7. How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move everything from Onedrive to Local Computer drive?: I have onedrive disabled on my laptop but when I save stuff it still goes to the onedrive folder and it acts like my main PC hard drive (this PC). [img] I tried removing the files in the black square, I tried desktop first and It removed everything from my desktop. So I...
  8. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...
  9. Local account - drive locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local account - drive locked out: Hi all, I had windows 10 home edition which was linked tk my Microsoft account. I created a local account by accident and then managed to get rid of it from my laptop. Had no issues only until i installed windows 10 pro on a new hard drive and now i cant access folders...
  10. Moving files to iCloud Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files to iCloud Drive: I am running out of space on the 256GB SSD on my laptop running Win 10 Home. I tried to move some rarely used files to my iCloud account using iCloud Drive but the space stays used on the SSD drive as shown in iCloud Drive folder. This does not happen on my friend's MACBook...