Windows 10: How to move the unallocated memory to C;

Discus and support How to move the unallocated memory to C; in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] Someone told me they need to be right next to eachother (c; and unallocated memory) but how do I do that and expand it. 53083 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asutox, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Asutox Win User

How to move the unallocated memory to C;

How to move the unallocated memory to C; [​IMG]

Someone told me they need to be right next to eachother (c; and unallocated memory) but how do I do that and expand it.

:)

Asutox, Jun 11, 2016
  2. JinTerada Win User

How can I add the memory of my D: drive to my C: drive?

I have already unallocated all of my D: drive memory and wish to move it to my C: drive.

When it I right click on it the C: drive, the Extend Volume option is greyed out. I know it is greyed out because it is not right next to my unallocated memory. So how can I move my D: unallocated memory that is in Disk 1 over to Disk 0 which has the C:
    Drive in it?

JinTerada, Jun 11, 2016
  3. JinTerada Win User
    How can I add the memory of my D: drive to my C: drive?

I have already unallocated all of my D: drive memory and wish to move it to my C: drive.

When it I right click on it the C: drive, the Extend Volume option is greyed out. I know it is greyed out because it is not right next to my unallocated memory. So how can I move my D: unallocated memory that is in Disk 1 over to Disk 0 which has the C:
    Drive in it?

JinTerada, Jun 11, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I would install Mini Tool Partition Wizard, move the 450GB partition to the right (so you have the unallocated space contiguous with partition 3 (C: drive) then extend partition 3 (C: drive) to include the unallocated space. You might want to review what's in the 21.5 GB recovery partition which is very large and consider if you need it. Partition 1 seems large for a recovery partition but that one is best left alone.

Be sure to have a system image backup before you do this for which you can use Macrium Reflect.

When you have finished, use the reagentc /info command from an admin command prompt to check the correct recovery partition is set.

Steve C, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    All good advice by Steve C , I use both those Programs too.

one small typo in the command prompt command above there should be no space between the / and info

ie : it should be

use the reagentc /info command from an admin command prompt

Kbird, Jun 11, 2016
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Or, you could assign it "drive D," drive letter D to this partition for all your data folders and files. That way, if you ever have to restore your OS partition, your data material remains untouched.

RolandJS, Jun 12, 2016
  7. Kbird Win User
    I'm not sure why there are 3 Recovery Partitions plus a system Partition , it's a little unusual but be careful removing the 21.5GB partition as my guess is, if it is a Store bought Computer/laptop, that it is the OS Image Drive you NEED if you ever want to restore the computer to "Factory Defaults" . ( though there are other ways to do that too.)

The 750GB+ unallocated partition should just be made into D:\ that's always a good idea as Roland mentioned and the rest left alone unless you really know what you are doing. Just right click it in Disk Management and Create a Volume , format it NTFS ,and assign it Letter D.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to move the unallocated memory to C; - Similar Threads - move unallocated memory

2. moving the unallocated space .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    moving the unallocated space .: i want to move the unallocated space to be behind the games partition so i can extend it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-the-unallocated-space/3ff448ca-1826-4126-9475-11cf4cb41bb9
  3. How to solve the unallocated memory issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to solve the unallocated memory issue?: Hi, I was working to get some unallocated space to increase a volume but when I shrinked one volume, the stop code blue screen error came and I was left with a decreased volume in my local disk D but without an unallocated space and now i can see two different memory...
  4. How to solve the unallocated memory issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the unallocated memory issue?: Hi, I was working to get some unallocated space to increase a volume but when I shrinked one volume, the stop code blue screen error came and I was left with a decreased volume in my local disk D but without an unallocated space and now i can see two different memory...
  5. How to solve the unallocated memory issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  7. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?: Question is in the subject. I have Unallocated space on my C Drive that I *really* need to use but because it's not "Behind" C: I can't extend C to cover it. Is there anyway to fix this or am I up a creek?...
  8. How to move Unallocated Space on C behind C:/ so I can extend the drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Disk management question: How to move unallocated space to the right of C and then extend?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk management question: How to move unallocated space to the right of C and then extend?: Hi,This is sort of a follow-up to this locked thread:Move unallocated space right behind c drive disk management - Microsoft CommunityIs it possible to move that 13.4gb of unallocated space to the right of the system drive that so it can be added extended? to C?If so, it's...
  10. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move unallocated memory to the right

2. move location of unallocated memory