Windows 10: How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

Discus and support How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a system builder version of Windows 7 installed on my old PC which I can upgrade to Windows 10 when available. Suppose if I build a new PC after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by parthibanspace, Jun 2, 2015.

1. How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

I have a system builder version of Windows 7 installed on my old PC which I can upgrade to Windows 10 when available. Suppose if I build a new PC after one year when no more free upgrade will be available, could I be able to reinstall(migrate) windows 10 onto the new PC, by installing the base system builder Windows 7 on it and upgrading to Windows 10 again.
    Is Windows 10 upgrade tied to a base Windows version license that can be migrated across PCs or to the PC hardware it is initially installed to?

:)

parthibanspace, Jun 2, 2015
  2. Ken Blake Win User

Move windows 10 from old PC to a brand new Pc that has just formatted drives (NTFS).No OS installed.

Is your Window 10 an OEM version? For example, if it came preinstalled on your old computer it is.

If it's OEM, its license ties it permanently to the first computer it's installed on. It may never be moved to another.

Ken Blake, Jun 2, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    mlg63, Jun 2, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

Mystere, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one?

1. How to move Windows 10 upgrade from old PC to new one? - Similar Threads - move upgrade old

2. How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?: I want to upgrade to Windows 11 but it says my PC is too old. So if I buy a new PC can I install my Windows 10 by removing it from the old one? And how to do so?By the way, I typed "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in cmd but it showed me no...
  3. How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?: I want to upgrade to Windows 11 but it says my PC is too old. So if I buy a new PC can I install my Windows 10 by removing it from the old one? And how to do so?By the way, I typed "wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" in cmd but it showed me no...
  4. How to move Windows 10 from my old PC to the new one ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. SSD Moved from old to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SSD Moved from old to new PC: Hello, I recently built a new computer and moved my SSD that contained my windows install from the old to the new computer. Everything boots fine, but I'm getting the notifications that my copy of windows is not genuine and that I need to provide a windows key. I never had to...
  6. moving old disk to new pc after windows 10 upgrade

moving old disk to new pc after windows 10 upgrade: I own an Hp Dc5700 pc with an activated copy of windows 8.1 pro and have just upgraded to windows 10 pro through the microsoft media creation tool. Its working great now i want to move this harddrive to my new windows pc. Dell sff i3 3120 pc. Can i move this existing drive to...
  7. Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Fonts from OLD PC to NEW: Hiya, I have a new PC and want all the additional fonts I added to my old PC. How does one... do that? https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...ter-to-another That article provides a method. But it implies you must pick and choose which you want to move. I want to skip that...
  8. Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving SSD with Windows 10 from old pc to new pc: Hi everyone! I have an SSD with Windows 10 on it in my old computer and I'm now building a new computer. If I move the SSD from the old pc to the new one, what kind of magic should I do in order to make Windows 10 work on the new set up? I hope I explained it decently....
  9. moving windows license from old pc to new pc

moving windows license from old pc to new pc: Hi, I purchased a dell PC (not windows 10 pro), and then updated it Windows 10 pro. I queried the machine to get my activation code I uninstalled the windows license from the dell, with success, How do I upgrade my surface pro 6 (just purchased) from windows home to that...
  10. Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win 10 from an old PC to a new one?: My current PC is about 10 years old; I have just had to change the hard drive so I think the PC will die soon. It is running Win 10 but I am not sure if it will last much longer. I have been offered a second hand PC which is newer and has a much faster chip; if I switch...