Windows 10: How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu

Discus and support How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bring back "Windows Photo Viewer" using this tutorial: Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Now, when I click RMB on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Przemek89, May 13, 2018.

1. Przemek89 Win User

How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu

I bring back "Windows Photo Viewer" using this tutorial:
    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Now, when I click RMB on jpg file and choose "open with..." I can select "Windows Photo Viewer"
    What I want is "Windows Photo Viewer" just under RMB (without using "open with...")

:)

Przemek89, May 13, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Move pictures out of Windows 10 photo app and into Windows 7 photo viewer.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. How exactly are you trying copy pictures from Windows 10 to Windows 7?

2. Do you want to change default photo app to Photo viewer?

You can move photos by copying to flash drive or external hard drive from Windows 10 and connect it to Windows 7 computer and paste in the desired location or folder.

As you have also mentioned that photos are also in OneDrive you can access in your Windows 7 computer too.

OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an extra hard drive that’s available from any of the devices you use.

You can also make photo viewer as default program from control panel to check if that helps.

Steps:-

• Go to Control Panel from Start.

• Select Set Default Programs.

• Click on photo viewer .

• Select “Set this program as Default Program

Hope this information helps. Kindly post back with the updated issue details for further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 16, 2018
  3. windows photo viewer

To run Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10 you should do some changes in registry.

The better way to change it - download prepared .reg file and run it.

• Download tweaks file Windows Photo Viewer tweaks
    • Run tweaks_all.reg
    • Then in the Search box, type “Default” without quotes and select Default apps from the list of results.
    • Click on Set your defaults by app.
    • Choose Windows Photo Viewer from left list and click Choose defoults for this programm
    • Mark all and save.
    Right now it must open pictures by Viewer, if no - now Viewer should be in open with menu

You can orient by pictures on this page Windows 10 — Вернуть старое Средство просмотра фотографий Windows по умолчанию (microsoft windows photo viewer). — TEXFAQ

Sarkis Karapetyan, May 16, 2018
Thema:

How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu

1. How to move "Windows Photo Viewer" to the top of context menu - Similar Threads - move Photo Viewer

2. How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?: Hi All,So it appears many people don't like the new windows 11 Context Menu. I love it. The only thing is the "Paste Shortcut" option is buried in the second tier. So I have to right-click on location > Go to Show More Options shift-F10 > Select Paste Shortcut.I know it is a...
  3. How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move "Paste Shortcut" to main Context Menu?: Hi All,So it appears many people don't like the new windows 11 Context Menu. I love it. The only thing is the "Paste Shortcut" option is buried in the second tier. So I have to right-click on location > Go to Show More Options shift-F10 > Select Paste Shortcut.I know it is a...
  4. Windows Photo Viewer hide top toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photo Viewer hide top toolbar: In the past when viewing a photo in the Windows Photo app, I was able to left click once to hide the top toolbar. The toolbar with the "See all photos", and "Edit & Create" buttons. Left clicking does not seem to work anymore, and the top toolbar obstructs the top portion of...
  5. Cannot hide top toolbar in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot hide top toolbar in windows photo viewer.: Hi, I am currently having difficulty in hiding the top toolbar in Windows 10 photo viewer. In the past I could click the space bar to hide the toolbar, but that isn't working anymore. I already tried to repair the photo viewer app and reset the app back to default, but the...
  6. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  7. How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add Move to a specific folder to the context menu?: I'd like to select files and folders and move them to a specific folder and do that using the context menu? Probably Windows doesn't offer that feature by default, so maybe I should use a script, change the registry, or something. I tried with 'sendto' folderX, however,...
  8. How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu

How to Change Color of Windows Photo Viewer Menu: I am looking for a way to change the color of Windows Photo viewer's menu options. Is it possible to customize it via a custom theme, Or can it be done by registry or by modifying photo viewer dll file. [img] 116199
  9. How to change of context menu ?

How to change of context menu ?: Hi, Is there any way to change the right click menu from white to black ? As you can see in the picture the right click menu is white and i cannot find the reg key to change the color to black *cry Or if anyone has some thing i can install to change the color then i...
  10. How to edit context menu?

How to edit context menu?: My context menus are already bloated by various software I installed. How do I remove items from there? 12169

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo viewer top of rmb

2. windows viewer photo top level menu