Windows 10: How to navigate photos by position rather than name?

Discus and support How to navigate photos by position rather than name? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What I mean is when I use photo viewer (or any program it seems) to view pictures in a folder and I then press left or right to change the displayed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by solaris32, Aug 28, 2015.

1. solaris32 Win User

How to navigate photos by position rather than name?

What I mean is when I use photo viewer (or any program it seems) to view pictures in a folder and I then press left or right to change the displayed picture, it changes it based on the name of the file. I want it to change based on the position of the file in the folder because I like to have my photos organized by creation date. As it is now when I try to use a photo viewer it jumps around the files in the folder and is highly annoying when I'm trying to view them by order of position.

:)

solaris32, Aug 28, 2015

2. screen in portrate position rather than Landscape

y pc screen has rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise, can you tell me how to fix it PLEASE ?

Fishnut 123, Aug 28, 2015
  3. screen in portrate position rather than Landscape

What is the make and model of your monitor. This is usually a function of your monitor that you need to adjust. You can usually find it in the monitor control panel settings, but it varies by make and model.

Try:

Hit CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow and your Windows desktop should return to landscape mode. ...

Right click on the desktop and selct Display settings.

Choose a screen to fix if you have multiple monitors attached. ...

Select Landscape from the orientation menu.

Click Apply (or OK)

See:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/fix-sideways...

Andre Da Costa, Aug 28, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Joergi, Aug 28, 2015
  5. solaris32 Win User
    solaris32, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to navigate photos by position rather than name? - Similar Threads - navigate photos position

2. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  3. How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is Windows getting harder to use rather than easier: I am trying to organize my photos and you barely have enough room to drag to select multiple files without clicking them or hitting the scroll bar. Randomly it copies bunches of them.Sometimes when I am dragging to select them it just starts selecting way more than I want...
  4. Position od navigation bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Position od navigation bar.: Hello everyone. I come to You all with one little(maybe not simple) question. Is any option to move the navigation bar,(You all know which I mean probably but this is the one which we are using to close and minimize our apps) to the left side instead of the right side? To be...
  5. Making Windows 10 User Folder name the same as 365 username, rather than staff member name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Making Windows 10 User Folder name the same as 365 username, rather than staff member name.: Hi there, I am setting up a new accounts computer and I have used our "Accounts" 365 user account as the login name. Our payroll software is currently searching for data in a file directory that has "Accounts" as the user, however Windows 10 seems to have named the folder...
  6. Explorer Navigation Bar Position

in Windows 10 Customization
    Explorer Navigation Bar Position: The vertical orientation of the Navigation Bar is new. Why, oh why, was it moved from orientated horizontally to vertical? Vertical orientation reduces the width of my home screen. I would like to be able to return the bar back to horizontal which might permit the ability...
  7. How to boot to login screen rather than account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to boot to login screen rather than account?: I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else (work, play etc) and now I have an issue logging in. Whenever I (re)boot the PC, it boots straight into the last used...
  8. How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Cortana use Google rather than Bing: I found this video on youtube and thought it would help a lot of people. It fixed one of my major problems with windows 10, bing! As much as i love having a search right on the taskbar, bing just does not seem to work with me *Cool! 0eiWh1QOau0 16024
  9. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...
  10. Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?: Hello, I have a Folder on my Desktop in which I have placed many photos. The listing shows up just fine, and if I click on one of them, it opens perfectly. No problems. But, the listing in the Folder only shows a small IrfanView icon for each of them, and then a...