Windows 10: How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

Discus and support How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BruceBain, Aug 4, 2018.

1. BruceBain Win User

How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to network two computers. One has WIN 7 and the other WIN 10. As WIN 10 no longer supports home groups, I can't get them to see each other. I am using a cross over cable that does work. How can I network WIN 7 to WIN 10 computers?

:)

BruceBain, Aug 4, 2018

2. Joining a Win 7 network from a Win 10 laptop

I have a Win 7 pc that served my old network.

I updated my laptops to Win 10 and now cannot network the various computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Big Jim

Big JimSalles, Aug 4, 2018
  3. mbc320 Win User
    Cannot connect from a Networked Win 7 PC to a Win 10 Laptop

I have 2 networked Laptops, one is a Win 10, one a Win 7, and a networked Win 7 PC.

I am unable to connect from Win 7 Desktop to a Windows 10 Laptop but I can go the other way.

Win 7 Laptop to Win 10 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Laptop is OK.

Win 10 Laptop to Win 7 Desktop is OK.

Win 7 Desktop to Win 10 Laptop is NO GO.

I do not know whether it is a Win 10 Laptop or a Win 7 Desktop problem. All use the same Homegroup. I am the only user; there are no other accounts on any of the machines.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

mbc320, Aug 4, 2018
  4. GSDnet Win User

Networking computer with win 10 and win 7

I have three computers on a networked on the same switch. Two are running on Win 7 and one on Win 10. One of them is new and replaces an older Win 7 computer. All the PC's have the network discovery and sharing enabled. The Win 7 PC's are networked, but
    not the one with Win 10. Before I bought the new PC, all the computers were networked. I used Easy transfer to set up the new PC.

GSDnet, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10 - Similar Threads - Network

2. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...
  3. Stuck on lets connect you to a network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on lets connect you to a network: Im reinstalling windows onto my laptop via a usb. When i got to the lets connect to a metwork screen nothing pops up. When i try doing shift + f10 or fn+shift+f10 it doesnt pull up the command prompt. Really frustrated...
  4. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10: In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and Internet settings. See the screenshot below.I need those users to be able to switch 'automatically detect settings' on or off when they are working...
  5. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10: In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and Internet settings. See the screenshot below.I need those users to be able to switch 'automatically detect settings' on or off when they are working...
  6. Proxy settings not showing in Network and Internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  8. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10: I have seen all sorts of trivial useless answers from 'independent advisors' I would like to see some useful answers from W10 guru's please.In Windows 10 22h2, pro, build 19044.4291. I have 2 devices that have mysteriously lost the Proxy settings option in Network and...
  9. proxy settings not showing in network and internet settings windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 network to win 7

2. how to network win7 and win 10 pc

3. win 10 win 7 network setup