Windows 10: How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on

Discus and support How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just reinstalled Win10. Before doing so I could go directly to my password screen, without the previous window thanks to a tweak, and when I keyed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pintree3, Feb 17, 2016.

1. pintree3 Win User

How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on

I just reinstalled Win10. Before doing so I could go directly to my password screen, without the previous window thanks to a tweak, and when I keyed in my password it would open automatically without having to press the "Enter" key. Now I must do so. Can anyone remind me how to do so please. My search has only found how to not have the first screen mentioned above but not the password part.
    Thank you

:)

pintree3, Feb 17, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Feb 17, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Feb 17, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

If you decide to use a PIN instead of a password you will find the there is no need for the enter key.

How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  5. pintree3 Win User
    Thanks *Smile
    If I may, what on earth is the difference? I thought they were one and the same.

pintree3, Feb 17, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Your welcome!

Yes there is a difference, the PIN (personal identification number) is for convenience (faster and no need for the enter key) but does not replace the password which is still going to be needed for some operations such as networking or remote desktop connections and also when you use safe mode. Therefore it is important to remember both your password and your PIN.

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  7. pintree3 Win User
    Thank you very much How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on :)

pintree3, Feb 21, 2016
  8. vanowm Win User

In latest insider builds (currently on 15063) enter key is required for pin.

Does anyone know if there is a way remove that requirement?

vanowm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to not to press "enter" after password when booting in/powering on - Similar Threads - press enter password

2. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  3. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  4. Single line spacing when pressing enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single line spacing when pressing enter: Hi guys,by pressing some magical short cut never heard before at lease I couldn't find anything on Google..., I changed the default line spacing in Windows 10, not just Word when pressing Enter from double to single spacing.Before, it was like this:Enter = Double spacingEnter...
  5. Single line spacing when pressing enter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Single line spacing when pressing enter: Hi guys,by pressing some magical short cut never heard before at lease I couldn't find anything on Google..., I changed the default line spacing in Windows 10, not just Word when pressing Enter from double to single spacing.Before, it was like this:Enter = Double spacingEnter...
  6. WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD: hOW TO START TYPING ON LENOVO LAPTOPS? wHAT KEY TO PRESS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keys-to-press-to-start-entering-my-password/d9a1de91-6bab-4757-8aab-5d12ad6c7b17
  7. When i power on my hp pc, this show me to enter administrator or power on password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When i power on my hp pc, this show me to enter administrator or power on password.: I cannot type my powero password. I type my password but this is not showing on screen and pc also not starts. I restart it many times. Please solve this problem....
  8. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.: When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner. When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a...
  9. Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to enter password when Windows 10 boots up.: When I turn on my Acer PC Windows 10 boots up to the wallpaper screen where the date and time are showing in the lower left corner and the monitor is showing in the lower right corner. When I press any key to bring up where I enter the password the screen goes black for a...
  10. When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.: Hello everyone who's reading this, if there is any spelling mistakes my apologies. The problem I'm facing is when I press the enter key it makes a noise, what I tried to fix it, I unplugged en plugged my keyboard back in, restarted my computer. It didn't fix it, so I went on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not to press enter aftew password when booting in win 10