Windows 10: How to notify me of a change in WiFi station

Discus and support How to notify me of a change in WiFi station in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KarolR, Jun 8, 2018.

1. KarolR Win User

How to notify me of a change in WiFi station

When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords.
    Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the message i will remember to disconnect my WiFi

:)

KarolR, Jun 8, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Nitro52 Win User
    Notify when not using wifi

Is there a way to have the WP7 notify me when it is not using wifi. I had an issue with my router the other day and didn't realize my wifi was not connected and i was download apps/ streaming. this is going to cost me a fortune so i need to know when i'm
    not using wifi

Nitro52, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

How to notify me of a change in WiFi station

1. How to notify me of a change in WiFi station - Similar Threads - notify change WiFi

2. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  3. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC: I have UAC setting to notify me every time a program is installed or a change to settings or Windows is attempted attempted, but Edge and Edge Runtime are constantly re-installing without my knowledge or permission.I have Windows Updates off for the maximum 35 days, and...
  4. UAC Not Notifying Of Changes To PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Change Portable windows work station to internal?: Hello, I recently took my windows hard drive out of my computer to install a larger hard drive, before feature update to windows 1809 so I wanted to clone the existing hard drive & current OP system windows 10 via SATA USB, well to be straight to the point, the clone did not...
  6. How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make sure Windows notifies me for everything it's supposed to: I noticed recently that my computer started doing this strange thing with the notifications ever since I reinstalled a program I had on my laptop called qBittorrent where it would never notify me for specific things that happen such as a torrent or a file on Chrome finished...
  7. Notify me of a change in WiFi station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  8. Notify me of a change in WiFi station

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notify me of a change in WiFi station: When i am outside i use WiFi on my laptop, but when i come home i connect it to the ethernet cable and forget to turn off my WiFi. then people can steal my passwords. Is there a way to remind me that there is a new WiFi station on air or something else? if i will see the...
  9. Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Stopped Notifying Me: About six months after upgrading to W10, Windows Update stopped notifying me in advance about updates. How do I fix this glitch, so I know when to expect extra long reboots? 97958
  10. Windows Update Doesn't Notify Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Doesn't Notify Me: Last November, or maybe even October, Windows Update stopped notifying me about updates, so I've been checking them manually whenever ESET notifies me about them. The 1511 upgrade didn't correct the situation, and neither did resetting Windows. Is there something I can do to...