Windows 10: How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading.

Discus and support How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Ubuntu Linux, and would like to use Windows 10 on a virtual machine using Virtualbox. My computer originally had Windows 8.1, which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rahul Mukherji, Mar 1, 2016.

1. How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading.

I am using Ubuntu Linux, and would like to use Windows 10 on a virtual machine using Virtualbox. My computer originally had Windows 8.1, which I upgraded to 10. I then installed Ubuntu Linux, so I currently have a dual boot setup. I would like to use Windows 10 on a virtual machine in Ubuntu. Is there any way to obtain the ISO without downloading it? I tried following the instructions on this site:

How to turn your Windows 10 upgrade files into an ISO disk image | ZDNet

However running the tool did not work. Is there any other way to obtain it?

:)

Rahul Mukherji, Mar 1, 2016

2. How to obtain windows 10 education iso?

You can access this link and press F12 key (Chrome broswer). Refresh the page clicking on F5 and after that, click on the Mobile button the left side. Refresh the page and select correct language and architecture to download it. Enjoy you Windows 10 Education.
    How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading. :)

Douglas Trajano, Mar 1, 2016
  3. How to obtain windows 10 education iso?

The following link provides Windows 10 Education, not Windows 10 Pro, which is what you indicated comes preinstalled.

You should download a copy of Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool:

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:
    How to Prepare Bootable Install Media for Windows 10 - DVD, USB or SD Card

Step 3: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

If you continue to experience problems with the download or installation, you should return it to your school and let them restore the factory image.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading.

In what manner did it not work? Was the install.esd file there in the sources folder (or install.wim)?

Word Man, Mar 1, 2016
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    Seems obvious enough to me

If you got W10 in the first place there had to be an initial download. Now if as people should have a backup of your W10 installation restore that and then use the various esd-->iso mechanisms to create your iso, set that up that iso up as a virtual cd in your VM, boot using that and install your windows VM.

If you haven't - then you'll just have to download again. Do it overnight if you have a slow Internet connection.

I'd simply re-boot into your W10 system, download the ms media creation tool and then create Iso --follow the menu instructions.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 1, 2016
  6. First off, it was not there in the sources folder. It was in another folder called ESD in the C drive. I do not know how it got there. When I ran the batch script as administrator (with the install.esd in the folder), an error was shown that no appropriate file was given

Rahul Mukherji, Mar 1, 2016
  7. Word Man Win User
    I recommend following the tutorial at this link: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
    and using the script contained therein to create the iso from the install.esd. Easiest to copy the install.esd file you have into the same folder where the ESDtoISO.cmd file resides.

Word Man, Mar 1, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You can check what the esd file is for by running in Windows elevated ("run as administrator") command prompt:

dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:C:\ESD\install.esd

The path in red will be to the install.esd file you want to check.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2016
  9. Thanks it worked!

Rahul Mukherji, Mar 2, 2016
  10. Word Man Win User
    Great! You're very welcome. Thanks should go to @Kari too for this excellent tutorial and the script he provides.

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to obtain Windows 10 ISO without downloading. - Similar Threads - obtain ISO without

2. How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to download Windows 10 ISO with or without Media Creation Tool: Step by step instruction on how to download Windows 10 ISO 1. Solution 1 - Official - Using Media Creation Tool 1.1. Step 1: Download Media Creation Tool 1.2. Step 2: Run the tool 2. Solution 2 - If you are using Mac, Linux, or cannot download using solution 1...
  3. How to obtain an ARM64 ISO file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to obtain an ARM64 ISO file?: Title submitted by /u/throwaway204420 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqftqc/how_to_obtain_an_arm64_iso_file/
  4. How to download windows 10 iso file without another laptop

How to download windows 10 iso file without another laptop: Hi, my laptop has crashed recently and it keeps on looping back to the advanced startup. Both system restore and resetting the laptop ends up in a failure. Is there anyway to reinstall windows 10 by downloading the windows 10 iso file and run it without using other laptop...
  5. Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?

Obtaining Windows ISO which has Install.WIM?: Hi, Does anyone know of a good TRUSTED source in downloading Windows 10 ISO as a WIM file instead of an ESD file? The reason why I am asking, because I know I can convert from an ESD file to WIN using tools available, but it takes time to do so. I want to add install...
  6. Refresh Windows 10 without downloading the ISO again

Refresh Windows 10 without downloading the ISO again: My PC had problem. SFC reported corrupt files which it couldn't fix, neither did DISM. So, five days ago, I downloaded MediaCreationTool1903.exe and repair the system. At the end, everything seemed to be fine. I had run SFC several times in different occasions and it reported...
  7. Download Windows 10 ISO without Update

Download Windows 10 ISO without Update: Is there direct download link to Windows 10 ISO without update. I hate the Media Creation Tool as the download speed is too slow 131148
  8. Download Windows 10 ISO without Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Download Windows 10 ISO without Update: Is there direct download link to Windows 10 ISO without update. I hate the Media Creation Tool as the download speed is too slow 131148
  9. How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 ISOs without using Media Creation Tool: If you’re trying to download Windows 10 ISO images from Microsoft but the company’s official website is forcing the Media Creation Tool, here’s what you can do. There are many reasons why you might want to download Windows 10 ISO images. For example, you can use ISOs to...
  10. Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool

Downloading iso Windows 10 without media creation tool: Hello! I first want to say that I'm on a very slow internet connections and I want to download windows 10 iso. For that I generated a download link from the windows 10 iso download for os not supporting media creation tool. There it says it'll expire within 24 hours but I...