Windows 10: how to open a .bak file

Discus and support how to open a .bak file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by logman, Jun 24, 2016.

1. logman Win User

how to open a .bak file

I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ?

:)

logman, Jun 24, 2016
  2. RitaDean1 Win User

BAK file

How do I open a BAK file

RitaDean1, Jun 24, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    convert .bak files

If the .bak file was created with
    TunesGo, you will have to use TunesGo to open the bak file and extract the songs from the .bak file onto your PC . . .

DaveM121, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Smokes Win User

how to open a .bak file

Simple change .bat to .exe by renaming it.

Smokes, Jun 24, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.......................

logman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to open a .bak file

1. how to open a .bak file - Similar Threads - open bak file

2. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  3. How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove a .bak file from "Recent"?: I have Windows 11 Home on my laptop. I did a "save as" for a picture that I saved years ago in my ACDSee program in order to purchase a coffee mug on the internet. I cropped the picture as needed. After uploading the picture to the mug website, I deleted the "save as" file as...
  4. asagi bak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asagi bak: arkadaşlar Windows 11 e geçecem 2025 de. laptopum var. sarj aletim Windows 11 için çalişir mi: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asagi-bak/e1f9993b-8927-4ba3-ac1d-06c1ba9212d3
  5. asagi bak

asagi bak: arkadaşlar Windows 11 e geçecem 2025 de. laptopum var. sarj aletim Windows 11 için çalişir mi: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asagi-bak/e1f9993b-8927-4ba3-ac1d-06c1ba9212d3
  6. Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything

Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything: Hello guys,I've recently installed Windows 11 Pro Build 22000.318 and I've noticed a weird and annoying issue.When you edit a file in an editor like Notepad++, then save it, a file.bak is created.This is a major issue when you are developing or writing code, as all your files...
  7. Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! How can I automatically hide .bak files?: Hello! So even since I use this computer with Windows 10 I have this "problem" where I can see all the .bak files, and I have to hide them manually. This happens with .doc, .xls and .html files. I use FreeOffice, I don't know if that has anything to do with this. (When I had...
  8. how to recover profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover profile .bak file: Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to recover it ? regards Padmaraj...
  9. Deleted .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  10. .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open bak files in windows 10

2. how to open .bak files in windows 10

3. open bak file windows 10

4. ow to open a BAK file on windows 10,
  5. how can I open a .bak file in window,
  6. how to open a .bak file in windows 10