Windows 10: how to open a .bak file

Discus and support how to open a .bak file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by logman, Jun 24, 2016.

1. logman Win User

how to open a .bak file

I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ?

:)

logman, Jun 24, 2016
  2. RitaDean1 Win User

BAK file

How do I open a BAK file

RitaDean1, Jun 24, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    convert .bak files

If the .bak file was created with
    TunesGo, you will have to use TunesGo to open the bak file and extract the songs from the .bak file onto your PC . . .

DaveM121, Jun 24, 2016
  4. Smokes Win User

how to open a .bak file

Simple change .bat to .exe by renaming it.

Smokes, Jun 24, 2016
  5. logman Win User
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.......................

logman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

how to open a .bak file

1. how to open a .bak file - Similar Threads - open bak file

2. Choice of how to open a file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Choice of how to open a file.: On some of my Microsoft Win. 10 Computers when i try opening a file, i get a pop up choice of what program i want to open the file. I have Microsoft Word and Libre Office on this computer, but the other Win 10 computers when i want to open a file i don't get a choice and it...
  3. Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidently deleted .bak user file from RegEdit: I had the issue of logging on my Windows 10 account and i got the message saying "you've been signed out of the profile and logged on a temporary profile". I checked for solutions online and one was to go to RegEdit, delete the temp user registry and rename the one with...
  4. .bak file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  5. How to open zipped files

How to open zipped files: I cannot open a zipped file.I get these errors:[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-zipped-files/e919b2a9-4ec3-46c1-91e3-d2812c09b6b4"
  6. how to open PNG file?

how to open PNG file?: how to open png file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-png-file/972786e8-87da-4e14-a5ac-e97a09a7be86"
  7. Windows 10 roll bak

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 roll bak: Ok i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 i had no 1gb so i used disk cleanup and delted previous wi dows installtion and then i factory rested on window 10 and it havent been 10days yet sincei had it will i still see option after 10days or i haihave to do something else...
  8. Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Startup Sound.wav to .bak: Want to re-name Startup Sound.wav to Startup sound.bak so as to replace the dull startup sound with my own, but run into a permission by TrustedInstaller error, which just repeats itself when 'Try Again' selected. Any ideas? [img] [img] 43928
  9. How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-enable Cortana after disabling with .bak method?: I'm on the Windows 10 Anniversary Update version and a while back I disabled Cortana completely with this method: Can I completely disable Cortana on Windows 10? - Super User Now I want to re-enable it again, how would I go about that? I checked the SystemApps folder...
  10. How To Open .rbs Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Open .rbs Files?: There are four .RBS files in the C:ProgramData/Microsoft/Diagnosis folder. These are created by the DiagTrack service along with various numbers of .XML files. Does anyone know what app. to use to open these .RBS file types? It's not a biggie, but curiosity has the better of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open bak files in windows 10

2. how to open .bak files in windows 10

3. open bak file windows 10

4. ow to open a BAK file on windows 10,
  5. how can I open a .bak file in window,
  6. how to open a .bak file in windows 10