Windows 10: how to open a large number of url links in tabs AT ONCE

Discus and support how to open a large number of url links in tabs AT ONCE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For example I've got a lot of url links on a txt notepad files that I need to copy and paste each of them to browsers to open them It takes too... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tsw88, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Tsw88 Win User

how to open a large number of url links in tabs AT ONCE

For example
    I've got a lot of url links on a txt notepad files that I need to copy and paste each of them to browsers to open them

It takes too much effort.

Any tips or tricky way of opening a large number of links without having to copy and paste one after one

Not actually too many links, usually 20-30 url links in a txt file. But doing copy-and-paste 20-30 url links daily is a very headache experience

:)

Tsw88, Jun 24, 2017
  2. SarahKong Win User

Access to "Workarounds" tabs, at links in Connect.Microsoft.Com?

Windows 10 has a feedback hub now that you can report bugs.

See the link provided that explains how to use it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/402156...

As for getting the old pages as far as I know they have fully retired them and those pages have now either been archived at Microsoft or moved into docs.microsoft.com.

Most of the time doing a google search you can stumble across pages that were very similar to the old connect.

SarahKong, Jun 24, 2017
  3. Access to "Workarounds" tabs, at links in Connect.Microsoft.Com?

I see that Connect.Microsoft.com is retired. Two questions:

1) Is there a way to link to those old pages? Why: there are a lot of question and answer sites, (including old Microsoft questions/answers), that *LINKED* to pages on Connect.Microsoft.Com, for the WORKAROUNDS tabs' content. Those links are now effectively
    BROKEN... unless Microsoft gives us a way to get to those pages / those workarounds tabs. (Ideal: that the old pages' URLs would transfer to the archived page.)

2) I see Microsoft Collaborate, but it appears to be only for developers. Is "answers.microsoft.com" now the place, for reporting bugs, if you're not a developer? (Will anybody at microsoft ever *see* those bug reports?)

Doug_Ivison, Jun 24, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

If you use the start command and save your text file as .bat it will open the urls as tabs in your default browser when you double click on it.

For example the file open.bat Code: start www.google.com start www.tenforums.com start www.eightforums.com[/quote] will open the 3 urls listed above.

5. Tsw88 Win User
    [/quote] I don't understand

do you mean I have to put the word "start" before each of the url links in the text files and then rename the text file as bat format??

Tsw88, Jun 24, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    exactly

Save the your_file_name.bat file to your desktop or wherever you want. When you double click on it it will open all the sites as tabs in your default browser.

7. Tsw88 Win User
    OK thank you but I just downloaded a chrome apps. It's easier. I didn't think of it

Tsw88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to open a large number of url links in tabs AT ONCE - Similar Threads - open large number

2. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  3. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  4. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  5. how to force a link to open in the same tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to force a link to open in the same tab: One website always opens links in a new tab. How can I force it to open in the same tab? I use Firefox with Win10, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-force-a-link-to-open-in-the-same-tab/8588a9f1-c274-486c-8566-6a9c5beb1668
  6. how to force a link to open in the same tab

7. what's URL Number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what's URL Number: i need to know myURL number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-url-number/56670643-449c-4546-83cb-b054f024445e
  8. I don't know how to open two tabs at once

I don't know how to open two tabs at once: This may be dumb, it seems like there's a really simple fix but I just can't figure it out. I just got a new chromebook and I'm still getting used to it. I downloaded microsoft word and powerpoint through the google play store. I just can't seem to figure out how to open...
  9. Outlook 2016 opening URL links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 opening URL links: Dear fellow members I hope you can help with an issue that I am facing at my work. I work in the IT department and all of the users are facing an annoying issue within the office applications specifically Outlook 2016. Whenever someone receives a mail with a URL link...
  10. Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10: I have been trying to open the following link but it freezes after opening a new window. Can any one help? DepositFiles Thanks 20875