Windows 10: How to open Access from the old drive?

Discus and support How to open Access from the old drive? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have a client that had an employee intentionally permanently delete their work off a laptop. This employee also uninstalled the programs associated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by mathews, May 18, 2017.

1. mathews Win User

How to open Access from the old drive?

I have a client that had an employee intentionally permanently delete their work off a laptop.
    This employee also uninstalled the programs associated with some of the data. Using data recovery software I was able to recover everything that had been deleted that had not been over-written.
    I was able to recover some files that had been partially overwritten and figured that more than likely this would corrupt data files so they would not open.
    So far I have been able to open most of the Excel files and Word documents. I have not however been able to open any of the Access Databases. I have tried opening the Databases with Access 2007 and with OpenOffice in hopes that I could access the data and possibly resave it.
    I still have the old drive that I can extract data from and have specifically searched the deleted data for these Access Databases and made sure that I was getting one that was 100% intact. I was still unable to open these databases to view. I receive an error message that the database is in an unrecognized format in both Microsoft Access and OpenOffice. I really need to be able to access some of this data if not all of it, any help would be appreciated.

:)

mathews, May 18, 2017
  2. OGreen Win User

How to access the old Windows 8 wallpaper personalization menu in Windows 10?

I used to be able to access the old windows 80 desktop wallpaper personalization through using the run command

CTRL + R 'control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper'

This no longer works, it just brings me to the really bad Win10 background settings window.

OGreen, May 18, 2017
  3. How to access the old Windows 8 wallpaper personalization menu in Windows 10?

You can still use:

shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageWallpaper

to get to that old control panel interface.

zachd [MSFT], May 18, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

Hi There

I had a similar problem with old DBs

It is mainly down to the version of access which they were created/saved.

I had to install an older version of access and save the files as new format to be able to open them in a newer access version.
    I know you should be able to open the files and convert or save as, but it did not work for me either...

Try installing a 2010 version

Hope this helps

jl2509, May 18, 2017
  5. Fafhrd Win User
    It also depends on whether the database has multiple MDB files (Front-end and Back-end databases) and any other ODBC data sources, and the way the paths to the various components are stored. Without documentation it can be a nightmare to unravel how an Access database needs to be laid out in order to function fully.

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to open Access from the old drive? - Similar Threads - open Access old

2. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  3. Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access recycle bin on old Hard Drive: I recently upgraded my pc, in which I got an SSD that I installed windows on. On my hard drive that previously had windows on it, I cannot access the recycle bin. I got to $RECYCLE.BIN but opening the recycle bin leads me to the recycle bin on my SSD. Is there any way I could...
  4. How to have access to an old hard drive ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to have access to an old hard drive ?: My little brother recently broke my laptop and it said that the hard drive was un detectable, so i got it changed and the repairman said that i lost access to all the data on the thing. Isn't there an other way to access ? I have work and precious family pictures on the fella...
  5. Accessing "localstate" location on old drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing "localstate" location on old drive.: My computer has had 2 drives for years. The C: Drive SSD holds the operating system. The D: Drive Hard disk was for general use. When using the windows store, it was set to install new apps to the D: drive. Let me use Minecraft for windows 10 as an example:...
  6. trying to access old hard drive

trying to access old hard drive: Good morning all. I recently purchased a new computer, and I'm using old hard drives to move files off other computers, and the hard drives off computers which died, and I kept the drives from. I'm on my last two drives, and I'm not able to access either. I plug them in--...
  7. Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.

Accessing programs on boot drive from old drives.: Hello, I recently upgraded to an ssd for a boot drive with around 500gb. Now, I would like to put some programs here but I want most of my games and programs to be be loaded from one of my two hard drives. Currently, the ssd is the C: drive. I also cannot seem to access...
  8. Can't Access 'old' drives

Can't Access 'old' drives: I got a new parts in my pc, and The things I changed was the Processor and Motherboard. The Storage devices were left unchanged. It's been awhile since I changed the parts but, everything that I had previously had installed/had on my 'old' system was still there, but. Locked...
  9. Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing an old hard drive with an old version of Windows on it.: I am running Windows 10 964 BIT) I want to access the data on an old hard drive that still has an old version of windows on it. (I have a docking facility.) How do I do that without the two operating systems conflicting?...
  10. Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied

Drive D is not opening, not accessible, access denied: I`m not able to open my drive D:\ . When I try, I get message, not accessible, access denied. This error came as a result of removing all sharing privileges to the drive. immediately I finished the process of removing sharing of any file on the drive, I was not able to access...