Windows 10: How to open Profile Manager in Firefox 57

Discus and support How to open Profile Manager in Firefox 57 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Whenever I 'Run' firefox.exe -F with FF57 installed it just goes to a blank FF screen. I've also use -profilemanger in additon to -F. Does FF57... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JJG10, Nov 18, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

How to open Profile Manager in Firefox 57

Whenever I 'Run' firefox.exe -F with FF57 installed it just goes to a blank FF screen. I've also use -profilemanger in additon to -F.

Does FF57 require something different?

Thank you

:)

JJG10, Nov 18, 2017

2. URL status bar at bottom left hand side of screen

If you are running Firefox 57, it breaks compatibility with older XUL extension. You might need to downgrade to Firefox 56 or Long Term Release so you can use Status-4-Evar.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 18, 2017
  3. GoneAWOL Win User
    Problems with Windows 10 Photo App Color Rendition

Just checked again on MS Edge, IE, and Mozilla Firefox - all up to date as of today - something strange is going on.

I have a fully colour managed system using a profiled wide-gamut monitor. Yes, Edge, IE and Firefox all display the ICC V4 pdf correctly (with just a bit of darkening top-right in Firefox).

However, when I load a JPG image things get more complicated. The following table summarizes what happens. I have included how Windows Photo Viewer (WPV) and Photoshop behave for comparison too.

Correct display colour
    Image colour space

SRGB
    Adobe RGB

Monitor setting
    SRGB
    IE, Edge
    IE

Firefox, PS, WPV
    Edge, Firefox, PS, WPV

It seems that, Firefox, Photoshop and Windows Photo Viewer are consistent in that they depend on the monitor being in the profiled mode to show colours correctly - remember, it is a wide gamut monitor and all applications should read the monitor profile
    to work properly.

IE, however, seems not to read the monitor profile and thus depends on the monitor being set to SRGB output (over-riding its default settings).

Edge is all over the place !

GoneAWOL, Nov 18, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

firefox.exe -P

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thanks for the try but all it does is to open FF to a blank page like the others.

JJG10, Nov 18, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Do you have more than one profile and is Firefox open?

How to open Profile Manager in Firefox 57 [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 18, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    This is the shortcut I had pinned to my Start long before the update to 57 (in fact, It's been there since 2015) . It still works for 57.

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p

As Edwin points out, Firefox must be closed before you can run the Profile Manager.

8. JJG10 Win User

Thanks to Edwin and Bree. I had forgotten that FF had to be closed to be able to use the profile manager.

JJG10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to open Profile Manager in Firefox 57 - Similar Threads - open Profile Manager

2. Firefox Will Not Open

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Firefox Will Not Open: I am the administrator, yet this happens. I also tried restarting and reinstalling, but those did not work. Please help! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-will-not-open/2509c43c-d674-4629-a4a2-f5c304d7d551"
  3. Firefox 57 No longer logs in automatcally logs in to this forum

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 No longer logs in automatcally logs in to this forum: As far as I can remember, Firefox logged into this and other sites I repeatedly visit when I typed in their URL's. Now under FF 57 I have to manually log into each one. When I do so my login info, such as user name and passwords, appears in the appropriate box but I still...
  4. Unknown Firefox Profiles

in Browsers and Email
    Unknown Firefox Profiles: With Bree and Edwin's help I finally got into the FF Profile Manager and it showed just one profile named default. I then looked at my FF profile and found four profiles whose names all ended in 'default. How can I determine which is the 'active' onel Can I get rid of the...
  5. Firefox 57 Ready Extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57 Ready Extensions: Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below:*tip*BSOD https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...er=54.0&page=2 89428
  6. Firefox Photon Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Photon Firefox 57: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3029098 Mock-up of the changes to Customize mode as part of the upcoming design refresh https://i.imgur.com/ljjlqb4.jpg The first mockup shows Firefox running the Photon user interface, and the about:home page of...
  7. Here's How To Run Firefox 56 alongside Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Here's How To Run Firefox 56 alongside Firefox 57: With so many long time Firefox users not happy having to see so many of their legacy addons no longer compatible with the new Firefox 57 Quantum upgrade, here's a simple solution so you can have the best of both the old and the new Firefox. • First be sure to make a backup...
  8. Firefox 57

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 57: I see that 57 is available. I have a laptop at 55 and a desktop at 56. But I'm unwilling to move up to 57 until I'm clear on one point ... My plugins/extensions all say "compatible with multi-process" ... except for one: ScrapBook X. Will that not work with FF 57 ?...
  9. Mozilla Firefox 57 - Compatibility Milestones

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 57 - Compatibility Milestones: Back in November, we laid out our plans for add-ons in 2017. Notably, we defined Firefox 57 as the first release where only WebExtensions will be supported. In parallel, the deployment of Multiprocess Firefox (also known as e10s) continues, with many users already benefiting...
  10. Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Fights Back - Firefox 57: UPDATE 11/14: Introducing the New Firefox: Firefox Quantum - Windows 10 Forums ...The message isn’t subtle: Firefox 57, a massive overhaul due November 14, is ready for battle. Its main rival is Google’s Chrome, which accounts for 54 percent of browser usage today as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open firefox profile manager

2. how to open firefox profile manager in window10