Windows 10: How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

Discus and support How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; @Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that. When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheDeerDude, Apr 4, 2018.

1. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Triliuner Win User

Hi All *Smile
    yesterday I tried to use "game booster" program from asus, which disabled some visual effects from windows.
    and after that I disable the "game booster" program. and restart my pc. but some visual effects in my windows do not come back to normal

one of the disappearing features is, where when I open the taskbar preview, and when I point my mouse(hover) into the preview, then the program will move / open automatically without having clicked.

for example just like in this video
    How To Disable TaskBar Thumbnails Preview Peek In Windows 10 - 2018 - YouTube
    see minute 2:10 - 2:20
    and I want the feature turned ON.

I've tried several ways, but it did not work. some tips I've tried :
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Hover Delay Time in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

this is my pc setting :

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ?? [​IMG]

Thank you for your attention *Wink

:)

Triliuner, Apr 10, 2018
  3. Restore all file explorer windows from taskbar

Thanks for your response but this is not what I wanted.

I want to be able to bring all file explorer windows to the front with a single click on the taskbar icon without having to open each window from the preview in taskbar. For example I have two side by side windows (split screen). Then I go to another program.
    I want to bring the two windows up without having to select each one separately.

bytheway04, Apr 10, 2018
  4. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

Clicking on taskbar previews of programs temporarily freezes Windows Explorer in Windows 10

When I hover over an icon on my taskbar, Windows 10 shows me a preview of the windows that are currently open in that program. However, if I click on one of those previews quickly, Windows Explorer freezes for 2-4 seconds, then comes back, but not on the
    program that I selected. Clicking on the preview works properly if I hover over the preview for a couple seconds before clicking on it. What's going on? Why is Windows so slow?

___Phil___, Apr 10, 2018
  5. This may be a silly suggestion, but have you tried unchecking "Enable Peek", clicking "Apply", and then checking it again and clicking "Okay"? I've had a similar issue with Folder Options, and managed to fix it this way

TheDeerDude, Apr 10, 2018
  6. Triliuner Win User
    yes i've tried itbut still not working *Sad

Triliuner, Apr 12, 2018
Thema:

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

1. How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ?? - Similar Threads - OPEN Programs Taskbar

2. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  3. Double click on taskbar programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click on taskbar programs: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to double click the programs on the taskbar to start them because sometimes, especially now that the intention with Windows 11 is to put programs on the taskbar, I click next to them causing me to accidentally start a heavy program....
  4. Open taskbar app previews on click instead of mouseover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open taskbar app previews on click instead of mouseover: Hi everyone, I think I stumbled upon some kind of malfunctioning and it's bugging me to the point I had to open a question.I work with a lot of different instances opened for the same program, usually browsers, but also IDEs and some other stuff. When I want to switch from an...
  5. Open taskbar app previews on click instead of mouseover

Open taskbar app previews on click instead of mouseover: Hi everyone, I think I stumbled upon some kind of malfunctioning and it's bugging me to the point I had to open a question.I work with a lot of different instances opened for the same program, usually browsers, but also IDEs and some other stuff. When I want to switch from an...
  6. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click: So, I just reinstalled windows due to a bad proc. Everything is completely fine with the sole exception that I cant see the taskbar preview windows for more than a split second.Yes, they are enabled, yes peek is enabled. I can see them for a split second when i hover my mouse...
  7. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click: So, I just reinstalled windows due to a bad proc. Everything is completely fine with the sole exception that I cant see the taskbar preview windows for more than a split second.Yes, they are enabled, yes peek is enabled. I can see them for a split second when i hover my mouse...
  8. Taskbar preview flickering, not able to click

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Programs are open and running in taskbar but not displaying on monitor/able to click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs are open and running in taskbar but not displaying on monitor/able to click: Recently my PC running Windows 10 Pro has started acting up and has been having this issue where programs will open when I click on them but won't display on my monitor/nothing happens when I click on the program icon on the taskbar. I don't know what is causing this issue as...
  10. How to call taskbar's calendar without click the clock?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to call taskbar's calendar without click the clock?: I make a command so everytime it's execute, the taskbar calendar will pop up. Can I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-call-taskbars-calendar-without-click-the/ee173ce5-903c-4a8a-8d58-c36e4fb178cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore from taskbar without clicking the preview