Windows 10: how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft

Discus and support how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got an email today titled 'Welcome to Windows 10 Getting Started Series'. I hate being pestered like this. It said in the email: "f you’ve opted out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neuronetv, Mar 3, 2016.

1. neuronetv Win User

how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft

I got an email today titled 'Welcome to Windows 10 Getting Started Series'. I hate being pestered like this. It said in the email:
    "f you’ve opted out of receiving email, you’ll only get one more in this series"
    but I can't find any way of verifiying if I've opted out. I went to my microsoft account and looked all over but couldn't find anything that confirmed if I had opted out or in. I suspect ms deliberately designed it this way to make it hard to do so.
    So where does one go to opt out?

:)

neuronetv, Mar 3, 2016

2. How can I opt out of W 10 upgrade? The opt out page flashes by so fast it doesn't register.

Ok, I've done this but it continues to reinstall KB3035583

Now what?

Sherry O'Brian, Mar 3, 2016
  3. L J Cook Win User
    How can I opt out of W 10 upgrade? The opt out page flashes by so fast it doesn't register.

1. there is no "View confirmation under Getting the upgrade."

2. I have uninstalled the KB3035583 update.

3. I cannot find the KB2976978 update.

finally,

4. who at microsoft decided that forcing a change of this scale on users was a good idea? It is not only annoying, but unbelievably insulting as well. After this, Linux is looking better
    and better!

L J Cook, Mar 3, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

The email itself should have an opt out link hidden somewhere, typically towards the end of the email. No matter what, mark the email as spam, Microsoft will hate that.

Snakeyes, Mar 3, 2016
  5. Kari Win User
    Go to Profile Centre, sign in with your MS account email. Select Manage Communications > My newsletter subscriptions:

how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft [​IMG]

You can now subscribe and unsubscribe any MS newsletters you want to:

how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft [​IMG]

Kari, Mar 3, 2016
  6. neuronetv Win User
    thanks for that kari, hopefully that will do it.

neuronetv, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how to opt-out of annoying emails from microsoft - Similar Threads - opt annoying emails

2. How do I "OPT OUT" REWARDS !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I "OPT OUT" REWARDS !!: Hi to anyone who can help me!! I have lost count of the times I have "OPTED OUT" of Microsoft rewards!! I have got everything turned off in the settings but still they come back! Along with that annoying email "Ain't no sunshine when your gone" !! It may be a great scheme to...
  3. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  4. How can I opt out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I opt out: Problem solved - I don't want these e-nails anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-opt-out/b8cbf36c-4347-4d48-9208-c4a8b6e7c0df
  5. Opt out of chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  6. Opt out of chat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opt out of chat: How do I opt out of a chat ? "I don't want to go back to W10 ! I was just searching a way to make my scanner work under W11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opt-out-of-chat/54040db4-4638-4275-8d75-784c4115b174
  7. How to Opt-out of windows insider program?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Opt-out of windows insider program?: I'm still getting windows 11 preview builds even after leaving the the insider program and there's no way to skip those builds. after few days they'll be downloading automatically how can I stop getting preview builds? I'm on 21H1 19043.1151 183550
  8. How to opt out from News Feed feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to opt out from News Feed feature: Title.. no one asked for this microsoft, how do we opt out of it, prevent our locations/accounts from being connected to this garbage, and remove it from my taskbar so i stop accidently clicking on news stories i dont care for when trying to do other stuff on my computer like...
  9. how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email: how do I unsubscribe from this annoying email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unsubscribe-from-this-annoying-email/72d5b4a1-3547-4cdd-81b4-8fc3f6fd9246
  10. Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox: How to: Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox How to Opt-in or Opt-out of SHIELD Studies in Firefox [img] Information SHIELD studies let you try out different features and ideas before they are released to all Firefox users. Using your feedback, Mozilla can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if i opt out of mode windows 10s mode will i lose my microsoft email

2. opting out of no reply mails from Microsoft

3. microsoft email opt out

4. how to opt out of microsoft emails