Windows 10: How to overcome "This device is currently in use"

Discus and support How to overcome "This device is currently in use" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Most often I face this problem with my USB drive like Pendrive, Portable Harddisk, SDMMC Card etc which are not in use anywhere and does not show in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 5, 2015.

1. How to overcome "This device is currently in use"

Most often I face this problem with my USB drive like Pendrive, Portable Harddisk, SDMMC Card etc which are not in use anywhere and does not show in Task Manager but still you cannot eject it out or get the message "safe to remove". If this situation arise how to overcome and eject the USB out safely without corrupting your contents in the USB Drives.
    Any help will be highly appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,
    Ashok

:)

Ashok Kumar Bag, Oct 5, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Oct 5, 2015
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Oct 5, 2015
  4. SoxmisUK Win User

How to overcome "This device is currently in use"

Maybe your USB slot is running on low power?

Try another one near the rear of the laptop-pc you may get better results if it's closer to the motherboard.

SoxmisUK, Oct 5, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    Which build are you using ? we know for sure that those problems exist in 10547.

CountMike, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Mr SoxmisUK thanks for taking time to reply. I have 4 ports behind the desktop pc and two ports in front of the CPU. 4 ports namely Mouse, USB Keyboard, Scanner and Wifi Adapter are always occupying these ports. Remaining two I use for usb pendrive or usb harddisk. As far as recognising the usb ports by device manager has never been a problem for my pc. Sometime i get the problem while ejecting out.

7. Mr CountMike what do you mean by build 10547. Build of what? I could not follow you. If you want to know the build of Operating System it is Windows 10 pro build 10240. It was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro through internet and is very smooth on working and never hangs.
    Ashok

8. AlanWade Win User

You answered your own question, The latest operating system available to those on the Fast Ring is build 10547. If you are not on the Insider program then your build will be 10240.

AlanWade, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to overcome "This device is currently in use" - Similar Threads - overcome device currently

2. How to overcome Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MLI!MTB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to overcome Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MLI!MTB: I have a console application designed in .NET 7 C#. For the console app, I generated a single executable file and created an installer using INNO setup. This setup is scripted to execute the console app as a Windows service. Now, whenever I am trying to install application...
  3. How to overcome Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MLI!MTB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to overcome Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MLI!MTB: I have a console application designed in .NET 7 C#. For the console app, I generated a single executable file and created an installer using INNO setup. This setup is scripted to execute the console app as a Windows service. Now, whenever I am trying to install application...
  4. How to overcome Trojan:MSIL/AgentTesla.MLI!MTB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Ejecting External Disk - This device is currently in use: Hello, After I connect my external disk to my HP Z4 G4 business desktop, I cannot safely remove / eject it anymore. Windows 11 says "Problem Ejecting USB Attached SCSI - This device is currently in use." Also after I click the safely remove button 100 times. It happens even...
  6. How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Overcome Drive C space shortage?: Hi,I have a laptop with Only 30GB Hynix HBG4e eMMC drive. I keep being alerted to free storage due to dangerously almost full drive C. I tried every trick I knew, for example use disk clean tool, clear browsing history for web sites. Make the default drive for installation...
  7. THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    THIS DEVICE IS CURRENTLY IN USE issue: Good day, Just recently I have problem removing my mass storage since the last update. I have 2 HDD, 1 is 2TB Transend and 1 is 4TB MyPassport. With my 2TB, I don't have any problem removing, but for my 4TB it always shows error "this device is currently in use". I tried to...
  8. Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use

in Windows 10 News
    Problem ejecting USB Mass Storage Device, This device is currently in use: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The standard procedure to eject a USB drive, or for that matter any external media is to select the option “Safely remove hardware and eject media” from the Taskbar menu. However, at times while trying to eject the media through [...] This post Problem...
  9. This device is currently in use – USB error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    This device is currently in use – USB error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We use our external USB storage devices, peripherals, and a number of devices almost daily. Now when taking out the USB Storage devices, it is advised to use the Safely remove the USB Storage device option. This prevents data corruption [...] This post This...
  10. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...