Windows 10: How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command?

Discus and support How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I have new mouse with more buttons. In mode 1 I added to two buttons functions Copy and Paste. I want to use else one button to Paste shortcut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MIRKOSOFT, Aug 26, 2016.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command?

Hi!

I have new mouse with more buttons.
    In mode 1 I added to two buttons functions Copy and Paste.
    I want to use else one button to Paste shortcut to file.
    This function is in Explorer and I don't know keystroke, if any has...

Is it possible to do by command or any keystroke?

Thank you for all.
    Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Aug 26, 2016

2. My displays changed to Grayscale.

How do I change it back to colour? There is probably a Keystroke shortcut??

DaveOpperman, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Keyboard Shortcut "CTL-V" does not work in Windows 10 File Explorer

Help!!!

I have installed Windows 10 on both my Laptop and Desktop machines. On both machines I am not able to use the keyboard shortcut "CTL-V" to paste files in the File Explorer app. The copy, CTL-C, works OK.

Of course, I can "right-click" the destination folder and select the "Paste" option. However, it would be nice to be able to use CTL-V option to save a keystroke.

Any help would be appreciated.

EdwardTaylor84, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Stevekir Win User

If I have got your problem accurately, an easy way is to hold down the mouse button while dragging to select come text, then do Ctrl + C (to copy to the clipboard). Then move the pointer somewhere else (like in another document) and do Ctrl + V.

But it is a mystery why your a new mouse is the only one giving trouble. I suggest a call to the manufacturer.

Stevekir, Aug 26, 2016
  5. MIRKOSOFT Win User
    Hi!
    Problem is not mouse and in mapping,
    I created buttons like actions for each button. I map them in AutoHotKey script.
    I can by AHK script call external command, batch or send keystroke...
    I need this for script, here's example for copy by Alt+F1:
    Code: !F1:: Send, ^{c 1} return[/quote] this piece of code simulates Ctrl+C by pressing Alt+F1.

So, if exist any keystroke, command or any method how to:
    1. copy file to clipboard
    2. paste shortcut to file into any wished place
    ----
    I know that is possible to drag file out of window to other and holding left Alt then drop it - this creates shortcut to file instead copy...
    But this again needs work with mouse and also with keyboard.
    I saw in Windows Explorer "Paste link" or "Paste shortcut" (exact translate from Slovak don't know) first in Windows 8 and now in Windows 10 it can be pretty comfortable using mouse for all copy paste actions...
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to paste shortcut to file by keystroke or command? - Similar Threads - paste shortcut file

2. Excel shortcut commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel shortcut commands: I have a shortcut to start a new Excel file from a template. How can I make the shortcut start a new file in a specific location and saved it with a new name with the format FILENAME TODAY'SDATE. xls?...
  3. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  4. Command Prompt Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command Prompt Shortcut: Why don't we have a direct shortcut to open the command prompt cmd in windows ?The closest way i find opening cmd is using Win + R to open the run window and then typing "cmd" to open the cmd window, or by pressing Win Key then searching for cmd and opening an admin cmd...
  5. How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut

in Windows 10 News
    How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut: [ATTACH]Opening the Command Prompt and running some commands every time is somewhat a tedious job. Are you also bored of using it constantly? If yes, […] This article How to Run commands of Command Prompt with a Desktop Shortcut first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desperate for help in restoring Windows keystroke shortcuts.: I understand that in order to use the Function keys I've become accustomed to (for 25 years), I now must hold the FN key first. I can live with that, though I resent it. However, I cannot understand why Windows own Alt + F4 no longer closes an active program, or shuts down...
  7. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...
  8. Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcut to paste Windows shortcuts: Hi, Everyday, I need to generate dozens of Windows shortcuts as it's an essential feature to me. My problem is that no keyboard shortcut currently exists, so the quickest way to paste Windows shortcuts remains the right-click context menu. It's kind of a waste of time if...
  9. Paste Values shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paste Values shortcut: Is there a shortcut for pasting values? I've used Ctrl+Alt+V, but that just brings up an options box where I can select values. I want a shortcut where it just performs the Paste Special Values function without bringing up the dialog box. Millions of others have this same...
  10. Pasting into Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Pasting into Shortcuts: Since a recent win 10 update, I can no longer drag and drop into a desktop shortcut and the 'paste' function no longer shows up in the desktop shortcut drop-down, (right-click) menu? Does anyone have a fix for this? Thank you 84473