Windows 10: How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?

Discus and support How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I try to run Fallout 3 I get an annoying notification that the game is incompatible with Windows 10. It doesn't matter whether I run it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AnonVendetta, Dec 20, 2016.

1. How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?

Every time I try to run Fallout 3 I get an annoying notification that the game is incompatible with Windows 10. It doesn't matter whether I run it from FalloutLauncher.exe or Fallout3.exe. The game runs fine, crashes every now and then, but works overall and is more than playable. You would think Microsoft could give an option like "Thanks, but don't remind me again", but no, they have to be super-annoying, kind of like my little sister that just wouldn't stop bugging me as a kid. So, how can I make this notification go away forever?

:)

AnonVendetta, Dec 20, 2016

2. Virus or malware on my computer.

There is no "permanently" as of now. It can happen with any OS and any browser.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 20, 2016
  3. 93tid Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?

Set it to run in compatibility mode , right click the exe , choose properties and there's an option there to run it under windows 7 compatibility mode.

Hopefully this will stop the error notification.

Wullail, Dec 20, 2016
  5. Compatibility mode for Windows 7 works. But it drops the FPS substantially. So I found a better solution..........rename FalloutLauncher.exe to Launcher.exe. No incompatibility message. It appears that Windows 10 uses, in part, the name of the exe file when checking to see if something is incompatible.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?

1. How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification? - Similar Threads - permanently rid app

2. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  3. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.: see subject. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/simple-get-rid-of-copilot-permanently/a4bdc7c9-3a67-4257-9fc5-546f1d339956
  4. Simple. Get rid of Copilot. Permanently.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I get rid of these notifications?

How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  6. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of these notifications?: I keep getting notifications saying I have a few viruses and it looked up the trojan virus and it said it was fake, so I do not click on it because it is trying to get me to download the site and is just so annoying to have it constantly popping up. I also get some...
  7. How do I get rid of these notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to get rid of GameInput Redistributable permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of GameInput Redistributable permanently?: Hey guys, since a short while ago my laptop keeps crashing at random intervals. Not cool, but anyways. After checking the Reliability Monitor, ''GameInput Redistributable'' is acting up; at the exact same time my laptop freezes, EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I'm sick of this needless...
  9. How can I get rid of this intrusive notification?

How can I get rid of this intrusive notification?: Two or three times a day, I get this intrusive pop up notification, and of course it happens on my swing while driving, or putting while playing golf online. How do I get rid of this crap. I have NEVER EVER had Webroot Security shut off. Never. How can they tell me that,...
  10. Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications

Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications: Hi all, I have Windows Firewall disabled. I know this and it has to stay that way. I use a lot of AV apps that will not function with it on, even with exceptions. In any case, I keep getting toast alerts saying it is disabled and I can't get rid of it. I had Action...