Windows 10: How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ?

Discus and support How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Surface 3. Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.214 Adobe Flash Player kept re-installing BY ITSELF each time I uninstalled it. What to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidhk, Feb 3, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ?

Surface 3. Windows 10 Home, version 1709, OS Build 16299.214

Adobe Flash Player kept re-installing BY ITSELF each time I uninstalled it.

What to do ?

Adding : Yes. I had Chrome installed. I had it uninstalled 10 minutes ago. Will that help ?

:)

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018

2. Complete Removal of Adobe Flash Player and Windows 10

Hello

I am trying to completely remove Adobe Flash Player, I have used the official Adobe Software removal tool but that does not completely remove the program from the registry.

Being not completely removed means Windows Update pushes Security Updates for Adobe Flash, latest KB3188128 which reinstalls Adobe Flash Player. How can I modify Windows to stop Windows Update from installing unwanted Adobe Flash updates?

RossBryson, Feb 3, 2018
  3. cannot unistall flash player windows 10

Windows 7 had completely removed adobe flash. Upgraded windows 10. Control panel / system security shows flash player (32bit). No Adobe products in the uninstall programs menu. Downloaded the flash uninstaller from Adobe three times, it say's it successfully
    uninstalls flash but I restart and the player is still installed. I open ie11 and Adobe say's flash is installed. How do I uninstall flash player from windows 10?

TPeterson1st, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

I don't think you can as it's apart of the OS. That said.....there may be a registry hack to get rid of it. I would do a search on how to remove it from the registry.

I also seem to remember that it's apart of Edge....if that's the case, I see know way of removing it on a permanent basis unless you do the same for Edge. Not sure if that is even possible.

Plankton, Feb 3, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    I have gone to IE's Manage add-ons and disable Shockwave Flash Object.

I wonder if that will do.

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Flash is not part of Chrome anymore, it should not be able install without your consent.
    As for the one, which is part of Windows, you can only cripple it, but not uninstall it.

This should prevent it from running, but it should be able to update, I will see tomorrow.
    Code: takeown /f "%SystemRoot%\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe" /a icacls "%SystemRoot%\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe" /inheritance:r /remove "Administrators" "Authenticated Users" "Users" "System" takeown /f "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe" /a icacls "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe" /inheritance:r /remove "Administrators" "Authenticated Users" "Users" "System"[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Feb 3, 2018
  7. davidhk Win User
    THAT is what bothering me. I do not want the update notification from Adobe. I have no use for it.

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018
  8. Callender Win User

In Edge and IE it's integrated and delivered via windows update. I think that you can only disable it in Edge and IE.

For other browsers it's possible to uninstall but you'd need to also delete the leftovers.

Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

I usually run this script in UVK:

Code: <UVKCommandsScript> <SDelete> C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Temp C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Temp[/quote] However if any running programs are using flash it may not be possible to delete.

Callender, Feb 3, 2018
  9. Callender Win User
    Just disable update.

How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ? [​IMG]

Callender, Feb 3, 2018
  10. davidhk Win User
    To : Callender
    RE : your screenshots

1. How do you get that Control Panel ? My CP is nothing like yours.

2. I do not use Ccleaner anymore.

I have so far uninstalled the Flash Player via .......
    1. Programs and Features .
    2. Adobe Flash Player uninstaller.

Will see if the damn thing still reappear.

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018
  11. Plankton Win User
    LOL...that's funny on the control panel........open up control panel, then in the upper right corner just above "User Accounts" you'll see view by: Category. Click on category and select either large or small icons. It's change a bit from windows 7 till now.

Plankton, Feb 3, 2018
  12. Callender Win User
    Just search for control panel in the windows search box and click the desktop app. Or lauch contol panel any other way that you know of.

When Control Panel opens switch view to "small icons"

No Ccleaner? Disable the task in Task Scheduler.

Callender, Feb 3, 2018
  13. davidhk Win User

I knew how to use View by options.
    I am saying I do not have what you showed on your screenshot.

Here is my CP using View by > small

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018
  14. mrgeek Win User
    Looks the same to me except he has some apps pinned to a taskbar above the explorer address bar (maybe has QTTabBar installed?). Just checked mine and it looks exactly like yours after I changed from Large to Small icons.

mrgeek, Feb 3, 2018
  15. davidhk Win User
    I misunderstood what I saw on post #7.
    Sometimes old age can be tricky.

Anyway, The Updates tab on Adobe Flash Player from my CP is geyed out. Probably because I have it uninstalled ( see post #8. )

davidhk, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

1. How to permenantly remove Adobe Flash Player ? - Similar Threads - permenantly remove Adobe

2. Removing Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Adobe Flash Player: Hello,About removing Adobe Flash Player:Removing Adobe Flash Player by installing KB4577586 update, or with the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller.2. Does it remove also files and folders from the system as mentioned in...
  3. Adobe flash player?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adobe flash player?: Hello, I get a notification saying that I need to uninstall adobe flash player. I have read the news that it will be removed from adobe systems with windows update. But I am wondering how to switch to htlm 5 instead of adobe flash player?...
  4. Adobe flash player

Adobe flash player: I apologize if I opened the subject in the wrong place, but I wonder, if I will not be able to watch the next movie and series when the support for adobe flash player is over?Instead of htlm 5 there are future news Do we have to install add-ons in Microsoft edge browser?...
  5. Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player: I am accessing a webyer is Blocked site that shows a message "Adobe Flash Player is Blocked. I have tried to find a setting to turn off the block but have had no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player/5ec40755-f36d-40bc-b975-2e0d83b74118
  6. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe Flash Player: I get the message Adobe Flash Player blocked on a gaming site I play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player/181c21d3-96dd-4597-8a4a-3e56d8eb7c43
  7. Adobe Flash Player

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adobe Flash Player: I upgraded to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 as I had a notice now adobe flash player only works one time and I have to click to allow adobe flash player each time. What is up?...
  8. Adobe Flash Player

Adobe Flash Player: Hello, I have installed Flash and it works on chrome and Microsoft edge. But, when I download a swf. file, I can not open it with flash saying 'you must have administrative to install adobe flash player. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again.', although I...
  9. Adobe Flash Player

in Browsers and Email
    Adobe Flash Player: Hi,Adobe Flash Player comes with Win 10,I have it enabled but recently went onto an account to pay a bill online (using Edge browser) and it said I needed the latest version of Adobe Flash,Adobe site tells me Flash is built into Win 10. Internet Explorer gives me access to my...
  10. Adobe flash player

Adobe flash player: I keep having problems with flash player...it stops functioning or the games go really really slow.. I searched my computer which is an Acer Aspire lV obviously windows 10 and I found lots of things to do with Flashplayer...it seems to me I have multiple applications........