Windows 10: How to pin AppData to QuickAccess?

Discus and support How to pin AppData to QuickAccess? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Well, in w7, w8.1 I always put in favorites an AppData shortcut, I don't want to see hidden files so that option is off for me. But now in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alesyt0h, Jul 31, 2015.

1. alesyt0h Win User

How to pin AppData to QuickAccess?

Hello.

Well, in w7, w8.1 I always put in favorites an AppData shortcut, I don't want to see hidden files so that option is off for me.

But now in w10 I can't pin a shortcut to AppData in quick access, actually it works, but I can only see AppData in the quick access sidebar if I have hidden files enabled.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

:)

alesyt0h, Jul 31, 2015
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 31, 2015
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Alesyt0h, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

AppData is a hidden folder, so you won't see the pinned AppData folder under "Frequent Folders" in the main Quick access window unless you have Windows set to show hidden files.

Luckily, you can still see pinned hidden folders in the Quick access navigation pane.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Enable Hidden Files, go to r user's folder (folder AppData is located in), right click AppData, click Properties, uncheck "Hidden", and click OK. Now disable Hidden Files.

6. Enable Hidden Files, go to your user's folder which is located in AppData folder now click on AppData Properties, uncheck "Hidden", and click OK.

different3, Jul 31, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    How to pin AppData to QuickAccess? [​IMG]

8. alesyt0h Win User

Thanks!

But it's ok if AppData is unhidden? There will not be problems?

alesyt0h, Jul 31, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It won't cause any issues other than hidden files will now show. You just would need to be careful to not delete them by mistake. *Smile

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  10. alesyt0h Win User
    Thank you! Solved!

alesyt0h, Jul 31, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Jul 31, 2015
  12. YOU
    You Win User
    Hidden files won't show if disable them like I instructed to do so, although having hidden files showing won't hurt.

Thema:

1. How to pin AppData to QuickAccess? - Similar Threads - pin AppData QuickAccess

2. Pin icons intermittently and incorrectly appear next to folders in QuickAccess left nav...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin icons intermittently and incorrectly appear next to folders in QuickAccess left nav...: I have seen this occur on various computers, where note how the bottom several folders are not pinned, even though they show the pin icon to the right:Even though they appear correctly in the Home view in the main window, problem is limited to the left navigation area:Then, a...
  3. Just a bug? Pin icons next to folders in QuickAccess they're not actually pinned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just a bug? Pin icons next to folders in QuickAccess they're not actually pinned: I have seen this occur on various computers, where note how the bottom several folders are not pinned, even though they show the pin icon to the right:Here's what it should look like:The appearing-as-pinned bug seems to come and go. Even though those folders show as pinned,...
  4. Just a bug? Pin icons next to folders in QuickAccess they're not actually pinned

Just a bug? Pin icons next to folders in QuickAccess they're not actually pinned: I have seen this occur on various computers, where note how the bottom several folders are not pinned, even though they show the pin icon to the right:Here's what it should look like:The appearing-as-pinned bug seems to come and go. Even though those folders show as pinned,...
  5. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  6. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  7. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess after moving it back to default location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  9. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess: Hello, I accidentally moved my downloads folder to D: and had to move it back to its original location. I updated the file location in the registry and then also had to unmark the "unhide" option from properties by going into CMD. It shows up now. However, now that I'm trying...
  10. Can't Pin Downloads Folder to QuickAccess

in Windows 10 Customization