Windows 10: How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned?

Discus and support How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used the tutorial "Microsoft Edge Tabs - Pin and Unpin in Windows 10" - "How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10" and was able to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by way2ob2se, Aug 14, 2016.

1. way2ob2se Win User

How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned?

I used the tutorial "Microsoft Edge Tabs - Pin and Unpin in Windows 10" - "How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10" and was able to pin my go-to websites. Yea! Just click and go directly to the web page.

Alas....when I closed and re-opened Edge, they're all gone. *Sad How do I get them to stay pinned?

I'm on Win10 + Anniversary upgrade.

Thanks!

:)

way2ob2se, Aug 14, 2016
  2. GLN(2) Win User

Edge pinned tabs do not stay pinned when browser is closed. How to fix?

When I pin tabs in Edge and then close the browser, the pinned tabs are no longer showing when I reopen the browser. How can I pin the tabs and have them remain pinned when the Edge browser is reopened?

GLN(2), Aug 14, 2016
  3. Microsoft Edge closing tabs and opening them up in new windows by itself. Also closing itself randomly.

Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may have caused due to corrupted system files or virus etc.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1: Run the System File Checker tool

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Press Windows key + X and click
    Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

sfc /scannow

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Method 2: Run the Microsoft Safety Scanner.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3: Run the command in Powershell

Press Windows key + X and click
    Command Prompt (Admin)

Type the following command and press Enter

Get-AppxPackage | % { Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.4.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" -verbose }

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 14, 2016
  4. xipper Win User

Try this:

-Open your settings for the browser (three dots upper right) and select "Settings"
    -Scroll down to "Clear browsing data"
    -Select the "Chose what to clear" button
    -Uncheck the "Tabs I've set aside or recently closed" box (if it is checked)
    -Exit the settings menus

xipper, Oct 6, 2017
Thema:

1. How to Pin Tabs in Microsoft Edge and get them to stay pinned? - Similar Threads - Pin Tabs Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  3. Catch 22 - Need a Microsoft PIN to get a Microsoft PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Catch 22 - Need a Microsoft PIN to get a Microsoft PIN: Bought a new laptop. Several programs OneNote for Win10 for example won't work for me on the laptop, demanding I sign in with a Microsoft PIN. I have never had one! Can't set up a PIN w/o entering my current non-existent PIN! How do I get around this?...
  4. How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will save items you want to download into your C:\Users\<username>\Downloads (%UserProfile%\Downloads) folder by default. You can now add the Downloads button to the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The Downloads button allow you to quickly view, manage, search,...
  5. Edge no longer launches with pinned tabs? (87.0.664.66)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge no longer launches with pinned tabs? (87.0.664.66): As of the last official update pinned tabs no longer open with the browser anymore. Is this by design? submitted by /u/xXMadSupraXx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfajyx/edge_no_longer_launches_with_pinned_tabs_87066466/
  6. Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Pin Microsoft Edge: When I open Microsoft Edge, the item that appears on the taskbar is a file. I cannot pin it and it is extremely annoying. When I tried to scan for corruptions or missing files, I cannot access the Command Prompt admin. What can i do to fix this issue? [Original Title:...
  7. How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to pin websites to the Taskbar with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The new Microsoft Edge web browser is set to replace the old one, and that’s not entirely a bad thing. The old version of Edge, in some respects, works similarly to Internet Explorer, and the rendering engine wasn’t as widely [...] This post How to pin...
  8. Pinned tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned tabs: I have this problem with a web page that i pinned to the task bar. I no longer need this pinned, but I cant delete it from the task bar. How do I remove it? Any help would be greatly appreciated! *Tongue 110587
  9. Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Can not pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar: I tried right clicking on the file and shortcut but it only says Unpin from Start, and also tried dragging and dropping, but just shows a error symbol on my mouse and takes file back to its position on the desktop. It just randomly disappeared from my taskbar and was left on...
  10. Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pinned tabs disappeared in microsoft edge when reopened