Windows 10: How to place Documents, Control Panel, Network icons on Desktop 10130

Discus and support How to place Documents, Control Panel, Network icons on Desktop 10130 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Clean install build 10130. I can't find anywhere to choose the icons I want on the desktop. Used to be able to do this from Personalization but not any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ztruker, May 30, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

How to place Documents, Control Panel, Network icons on Desktop 10130

Clean install build 10130. I can't find anywhere to choose the icons I want on the desktop. Used to be able to do this from Personalization but not any more. Can't find anywhere in Control Panel either.

:)

Ztruker, May 30, 2015

2. correct folder location for Windows-10 "Control Panel"

Hey.

I just now noticed that I have an actual copy of the actual Control Panel on my Windows-10 desktop. This is *NOT* a shortcut but a copy of the ACTUAL "Control Panel" executable.

I believe that this is the wrong place for it to be. Yes, I *KNOW* that it works from there but I think that, some time ago, I must have accidentally been trying to create a Desktop Shortcut for Control Panel and I accidentally clicked-and-dragged the real
    thing to my Desktop, rather than simply creating a Shortcut for it on my desktop.

This bothers me --i.e., I don't like having the *REAL* Control Panel on my Desktop-- because I tend to think of my Desktop as a location for *ONLY* Shortcuts, plus the Recycle Bin and maybe a "This PC" icon and a "Network" icon. So, I'm literally afraid
    that, at some point, I will accidentally *DELETE* the *ACTUAL* Control Panel, from my Desktop, because I am absentmindedly thinking that it is an extra Shortcut that I do not need, and I will thereby suddenly be completely without my Control Panel.

SO, ... can somebody tell me the TRUE ORIGINAL LOCATION for where the Control Panel app SHOULD be located, so that I can put it back there, and have only a Control Panel Shortcut on my Desktop?

Please and thank you. --John R Avery

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JohnReedAvery, May 30, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Placing thr Control Panel on the DESKTOP

Hi Daniel,

Open File Explorer (folder icon on your Start menu

Paste this into the Address Bar

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools

Right click Control Panel and choose - Send to Desktop (create Shortcut)

That's It!

DaveM121, May 30, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Settings►Personalization►Themes►Related Settings►Desktop icon settings

Edwin, May 30, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks Edwin. Also found them by entering desktop from start screen then selecting Show or hide common icons on the Desktop.

Ztruker, May 30, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    *Thumbs

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to place Documents, Control Panel, Network icons on Desktop 10130 - Similar Threads - place Documents Control

2. Control Panel Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel Icons: Hello, Could someone explain me I obtain these new icons in Control Panel. I've installed the French 2004 version updated June 2020 Build 19041.329 on two different machines. Fresh install after formatting the drive. One have these new icons, the other not. Many thanks for...
  3. desktop control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop control panel: I always liked the Control Panel on the desktop. With windows 10 we are denied that privilege. I found an easy way of putting it back where windows 7 had it. Go to the task bar and click on the ">>" Then look for control panel . Click on it and then click on do you want the...
  4. Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,

Desktop icons not showing up: Control panel, Network,: Just installed a fresh reset of Windows 10 and now Control Panel and Network icons are missing. Go to Start and they aren't there either. Big mistake installing a fresh version of Windows 10. Please help me find them. thanks....
  5. How to lock desktop icons in place?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to lock desktop icons in place?: All I found so far by Googling was that one should set 'arrange icons to a grid', or similar. That option is already enabled. In fact, the only icon I have on my Windows 10 desktop is the Recycle Bin, but any time other icons or folders are placed there temporarily, it is...
  6. Change Control Panel Icon

Change Control Panel Icon: Does anyone know how I can change the Control Panel icon? I have the Control Panel as a shortcut on my desktop. Can it be done with a reg key edit? Thanks 43982
  7. How to Customise icons in the Control Panel

How to Customise icons in the Control Panel: Hi Guys, I have been using CustomiserGod to change the icons in Windows 10, but as we know the programme has its limitations as to which icons it can change. So my question is: Is there another way to change the icons in the control panel or any icons in Windows 10...
  8. No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Nvdia Icon in Control Panel: Hmmn? I noticed Win 10 installed its own digitally signed driver says its the latest 5.362 but date is 22/07/2015 Downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia for my GTX970 shockingly my system reports that I can't install them. I don't know how I'm going to get the...
  9. Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic Control Panel icon - Desktop- Weird issue ?: On my desktop, whenever I restart my PC and sumtimes randomly out of nowhere the icon "All control Panel items" appears on my desktop.... Is anybody else having this same issue ? How to solve this - as I cannot Right click and delete as there is no option as such.......
  10. Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.: So after my computer randomly restarting itself my desktop items have gone crazy. The text is miniscule, the alignment is insane and the (for lack of a better word) hitboxes are whacked out like so: [img] And then I go to access my Control Panel, no luck. Doesn't...