Windows 10: How to play Blu-Rays

Discus and support How to play Blu-Rays in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 blu-ray burner drives on my system, one from Pioneer and one from LG. I have no problem with either of them for data disks or DVDs, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skribs, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Skribs Win User

How to play Blu-Rays

I have 2 blu-ray burner drives on my system, one from Pioneer and one from LG. I have no problem with either of them for data disks or DVDs, but Blu-Rays have been a headache.

I got CyberLink PowerDVD 10 with one of the drives, and that version is apparently incompatible with Windows. It gives me an error that I need to upgrade the software to play the Blu-Ray, even if I run in compatibility mode. I don't feel like shelling out $70 or so to upgrade the software. DVDs run fine in this software.

I tried AunPlayer, and it doesn't give me an error, it just doesn't work. I managed to load about 2 frames of one movie. I haven't even tried a Blu-Ray here.

I tried VLC Media Player, and it says This Blu-ray Disc needs a library for AACS decoding, and your system does not have it. I have followed the instructions online to download a .cfg file to my appdata and then the .dll file to the application folder, but I still get the same error message. I have no problem running DVDs in VLC.

In Windows Media Player, I get "The disc is empty" for both DVDs and Blu-Rays.

Does anyone have an idea for how I can watch a Blu-Ray on my computer?

:)

Skribs, Nov 22, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

my computer isnt detecting blu ray discs

Windows 10 doesn't play Blu-Ray discs. You'll have to buy separate software to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. There is a way to play for free, but it's not easy:

How to Watch Blu-Ray Discs on Windows 10

BulldogXX, Nov 22, 2016
  3. lanperter Win User
    How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?

Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately,
    there are always solutions out there that allow us to watch DVDs in Windows 10 for free. But what if you want to play Blu-ray discs in Windows 10 since it still can not play Blu-ray directly? Yeah, with the pulling of suppot for the software in Windows 10,
    it become more difficult to play BLu-rya discs on your computer. So what are we going to do about it? Read on for details.

As for media support, Windows 10 gets native support for MKV and High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC). But still there is no Bly-Ray playback support. However, that doesn't mean you have to live without Blu-Ray movies with Windows 10. There are plenty of free
    Blu-Ray player for Windows 10. This article introduces professional & free Blu-Ray Player for Windows 10 and a detailed guide to help you watch, open, play Blu-Ray in Windows 10 easily.

Note: The first thing you need is to get a Blu-ray drive or Blu-ray disc player. There are plenty of them available, and they'll work with the Windows PCs without any problem. Note that the DVD drive cannot play Blu-ray discs.

Method 1: Use Third Party Optical Blu-ray Disc Players to Play Blu-ray Discs in Windows 10 for free

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. And by adding AACS and BD+ DRM libraries and keys, VLC can play most of Blu-Ray
    movies. Here is a complete guide on how to enable VLC to play Blu-Ray in Windows 10.

Method 2: Use professional Blu Ray Player for Windows 10 to play Blu Ray on Windows 10

Step 1: Free download UFUSoft Blu Ray Player for Windows 10. Install and launch it.

Step 2: Add Blu-Ray movies to Blu Ray Player for Windows 10

The Windows 10 Blu Ray Player supports loading video from Blu-Ray disc, Blu-Ray folder or IFO file. Click “Open Disc” or “Open File” button to load your Blu-Ray movies.

How to play Blu-Rays [​IMG]

Step 3: Play Blu-Ray movies on Windows 10

When movie is loaded, you can play Blu-Ray movies with outstanding and perfect video quality.

lanperter, Nov 22, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

How to play Blu-Rays

Cliff S, Nov 22, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Winuser, Nov 23, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Nov 23, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    I've been using it on my desktop for quite awhile now and find it to be a very good Blu-ray player.

Winuser, Nov 24, 2016
  8. Dominik Win User

How to play Blu-Rays

yes, leawo blu-ray player is very recommendable.

Dominik, Nov 24, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    I watched Star Trek Beyond on it last night.

swarfega, Nov 24, 2016
  10. jimbo45 Win User
    After watching Man Utd (in 4K via SKY) I wanted something a bit more "surreal" so I popped in Star trek Beyond as well !!!!

4K worked perfectly.

Beware of Home videos if taken in 4K -- every tiny blemish comes out really clearly on 4K - poor old Rooney's hair -- he spent a fortune on covering up a bald patch - 4K renders all the cosmetic stuff futile unless you've got the equivalent of a Hollywood dressing studio to use before taking the video !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 24, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    One of the very few things that can make one prefer SD over HD. *Smile

Winuser, Nov 24, 2016
  12. Skribs Win User
    It works! Thank you much!

Leawo was the answer.

Skribs, Nov 25, 2016
  13. Skribs Win User

How to play Blu-Rays

On second inspection: it does not work well with all blu-rays. Game of Thrones S6, for example, it goes straight to the first episode on the disk and I cannot switch episodes.

Skribs, Nov 25, 2016
  14. Winuser Win User
    Can you do a test on another player? If possible a set top player. It may be the way Game of Thrones S6 was authored.

Winuser, Nov 25, 2016
  15. Skribs Win User
    It works fine on my PS4

Skribs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to play Blu-Rays

1. How to play Blu-Rays - Similar Threads - play Blu Rays

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Unable to Play Blu-Ray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play Blu-Ray: I just purchased a new 4K Blu-Ray my first ever Blu-Ray and I had hoped to watch it today on my Windows 10 PC. When inserting the disk, it makes some grinding noises, but nothing happens beside a disk icon occasionally flashing on my cursor before all goes quiet.I try going...
  5. Play Blu-rays on Windows 10

Play Blu-rays on Windows 10: Because of its high definition and better visual effect, Blu-ray movies has been more and more popular among many families. Blu-ray Disc is an optical disc storage medium designed to supersede the DVD format. Blu-ray Disc is associated with a set of multimedia formats. Now...
  6. How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?

How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?: Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately, there are always...
  7. Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 - Upgrade

Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 - Upgrade: "Is Windows 10 going to support Bluray? It was sorely missed in Windows 10 and it baffles me how such a basic thing wasn't supported." "Corel WinDvD no longer works after upgrading OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Will Sony provide software upgrade to make the blu ray player...
  8. How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?

How to Play Blu-rays on Windows 10?: Windows 10 brings a lot of good stuff to the table, but it also takes away some key functionality that Windows 7 users might miss. In Windows 10, you have to say goodbye to Windows Media Center and with it, the ability to play DVDs natively. Fortunately, there are always...
  9. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  10. Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing a Blu-Ray video disc?: I bought a Blu-Ray disc drive for my Windows 10 PC. I can see the files with Windows Explorer. When I insert a Blu-Ray disc, nothing happens. Windows Media Player does not play it. Does it support Blu-Ray? Can anyone tell me how to play it? Thank you for your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bd key vlc