Windows 10: How to play games in Chromecast

Discus and support How to play games in Chromecast in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 9" Irulu 16 GB Android 4.4 tablet about a week ago. Just bought a chromecast, the new version. $45 Cdn before taxes. I have limited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by davidhk, Jan 8, 2016.

1. davidhk Win User

How to play games in Chromecast

I have a 9" Irulu 16 GB Android 4.4 tablet about a week ago.
    Just bought a chromecast, the new version. $45 Cdn before taxes.

I have limited experience with Android tablet and none in Chromecast.
    After 2 hours failing to "set me up", I finally found out I had to install the Chromecast app from Google Store. Nobody told me that. I thought the chromecast I bought was all I needed.
    I did that and I am now able to watch movies on my TV by clicking at the Chromecast icon at top right corner of my tablet screen.
    BUT, I have no idea how to play games on TV. I have games installed from Google Play Store.
    When I open a game, I cannot see the Chromecast icon like I see when I want to watch movies on TV.
    Need someone to teach me.

My chromcast package box shows a list of 7 items one of which is Google Play store.
    So I have to assume I can use chromecast to play google games. But I can't.

How to play games in Chromecast [​IMG]

:)

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  2. Ethan B. Win User

merging

Hello Kathy!

There is no way to play games from your Android device on your laptop specifically, unfortunately. I'm pleased to say, however, that depending on what Android device you're running, you can pick up a Chromecast for your TV or any display that accepts an HDMI
    input. When you do, you can cast your Android device's screen to your TV or other display. You can also download software for your Windows laptop that you can cast your Android device to. Here's more information on it:

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/60...

I hope this helps, Kathy.

Ethan B., Jan 8, 2016
  3. gino76ph Win User
    Switiching to Windows Phone 8.1...worth it?

Are there any good Chromecast apps for WP 8.1?

And are there any good wifi streaming apps (similar to Plex) where i can strem-off my media files to any compatible device such as Chromecast or games console.

gino76ph, Jan 8, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

OK. I just noticed that in the package box, it says " Find cast-enabled apps at Google Play ".
    How do I know which are "cast-enabled" apps ?
    I looked. I don't see the Chromecast icon anywhere.

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
  6. davidhk Win User
    I have the Chromecast icon at the desktop. Clicking at the icon will bring me to the lists you showed me.
    I chose the Angry birds. It installed and played ok on my tablet, but can't play it on TV.

I had done that before I posted my question here.

Those are not cast-enabled apps.

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Well, I have to put it aside for now.

Thank you, Dude, for helping me.
    Any new development, I'll drop you a line.

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

For now I'll use the hdmi cable for games and chromecast for movies etc.
    A mild disappointment but not entirely a waste of money.
    Chromecast is still pretty good.

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    I have found out where I went wrong.
    The answer is in this article. It took me, a slow learner, several hours to pick it up.

It was simple but if one does not know, it is not simple at all.
    Anyway, problem solved.
    I can play games now.

davidhk, Jan 8, 2016
  10. Dude Win User
    Good to hear you solved it.

11. davidhk Win User
    As it turns out, this chromecast is worth the money.
    I can use chromecast :
    1. To use the TV as a big screen monitor and do my computer chores.
    2. To play games on TV.
    3. To watch movies on TV and at the same time use the same tablet to do other computer things, i.e. emailing, surfing the web, watch the news, etc etc.

Pretty damn good.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to play games in Chromecast - Similar Threads - play games Chromecast

2. how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to set up connectivity hotspot for chromecast: Hello, how do I set up a Connectivity hot spot for use with Chromecast on my laptop with windows 7? I am in a hotel that's using a 2.4GHz WiFi and using a 1st generation Chromecast device and my TracFone does not allow me to set up a hotspot...
  3. ChromeCast app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ChromeCast app: I just recently bought the ChromeCast app on my laptop and my Oculus Quest isn't able to see it on its casting list. I just wanna know if this app is compatible with VR and if so, then it must be my headset....
  4. Opera chromecast

in Browsers and Email
    Opera chromecast: I never got to make both work together. I see old video of people that have in their setting a tab that enable them to see a chomecast tab. Like this guy, but I don't see that tab. I have the latest version 67.0.3575.137 Opera is up to date Last checked on Saturday, April...
  5. Edge and Google Chromecast

Edge and Google Chromecast: When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I...
  6. How to Chromecast from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Chromecast from Edge browser: Windows 10 Pro 1903 ver 18362.535 I have read that Edge supports the use of Chromecast to send from a webpage. In particular I quote this link How to Cast Media from Microsoft Edge to Google Chromecast "The “Cast tab” will find all the Chromecast devices on your network. And...
  7. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  8. How to play games correctly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to play games correctly?: Hello everyone! I have recently bought new laptop Acer E15, and now need a suggestion. I have never worked with laptops, so I do not know how to use battery correctly: I am mad about games, but when play them from the full charge my pleasure ends after 1-2 hours. On some...
  9. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  10. How to play OLD games..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play OLD games..?: We purchased many CD based games for our first child (Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, etc). These games have great re-play value, and now our third child wants to play them on her Win10 Dell 2-in-1. However, they all say they are 16-bit games and can't be played. Is there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. any way to play games on chromecast laptop?